The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

Agreed. It adds an interesting arc to his character. Knowing that his "mission" is over now, what will that do to his character? He is a man who NEEDS a mission in order to keep going, so what will that be?

Exactly. Finding out it was all a lie showed that he is lost all over again. Eugene's lie have him a reason to live. That's why the flashbacks were important, because they established Abraham's mentality. His first mission was to protect those he cared about. They died, leaving him with no reason to live. Then comes Eugene, who's lie gave him another mission, and another reason to keep living. It's not enough to live, you have to have something to live for. That's what the flashbacks established with Abraham.

What I meant that, as a plot device, I'm not a fan of flashbacks. In the last episode I felt that the information in the flashbacks was stuffed at me, not served.:unsure

I didn't mind the flashbacks themselves so much as how they were so damned abrupt in the cuts between then and now. It's like the production staff realized the night before this episode was supposed to be delivered that they didn't cut the flashbacks in so they just threw them in there with no transitioning whatsoever. While I think they were necessary to show just WHY Abraham unravels the way he does, I didn't enjoy how they went about it.

I missed 'Talking Dead', so don't know if it's been covered; but is Eugene dead? His lights were definitely out after that last punch, then came the face-plant directly into the pavement, so I couldn't tell...

A lot of the discussion was how Eugene could redeem himself with the group. At one point the actor who played Eugene looks at the producer and asked something along the lines of did we confirm if Eugene lives" and looked around to see if he was saying too much. I took this mean that he it was supposed to be kind of ambiguous and he wanted to make sure he is not giving anything away either way, dead or alive.

So no, there was no official confirmation either way, but I am guessing alive "for now"

It's not Carol, as in the extended Talking Dead preview, Carol walks out a few seconds later. Looks a little too small to be Beth.

That is child sized. I think it's too small to be Beth. It does make me curious as to the future of Beth though. Daryl and Carol both looked a little down, so...

I think that scene is before they find Beth. There was mention of them having to fight their way through the city, making the rescue seem hopeless. Also, seeing a child survivor die might be a bit depressing.

The show definitely works better binge watching... I watched the last 3 in a row last night, and the Beth one didn't hit me as crappy at all... Just more story.

As a bonus, I get to drive my wife nuts the whole Beth episode with my terrible humor. Ever since we found out the girl playing Beth is 29 years old, I haven't let up.

Anytime Beth is on I look over at my wife and say something along the lines of, "That girl in real life is like 48 years old."

"That girl Beth?... 43 years old!"

"That's crazy.... Did you know the girl who plays Beth is like 49 years old?!!?"

"Fun fact: 36 years old."

More Beth episodes please.

i felt dirty looking at beth............until i found out her real age lol

The show definitely works better binge watching... I watched the last 3 in a row last night, and the Beth one didn't hit me as crappy at all... Just more story.

As a bonus, I get to drive my wife nuts the whole Beth episode with my terrible humor. Ever since we found out the girl playing Beth is 29 years old, I haven't let up.

Anytime Beth is on I look over at my wife and say something along the lines of, "That girl in real life is like 48 years old."

"That girl Beth?... 43 years old!"

"That's crazy.... Did you know the girl who plays Beth is like 49 years old?!!?"

"Fun fact: 36 years old."

More Beth episodes please.

Or maybe it's Morales and his family, you know, the group that left the Atlanta group when Rick and Company headed to the CDC? Maybe they had to turn around and tried to find the group, only to find the CDC destroyed, and they ended up getting killed? I could be wrong, of course.

I was so glad when I found out Emily Kinney was well into her 20s.

You know, I could make a dirty joke with this. I could, but I won't. :lol

Well, there goes that bit of suspense...So we know that Carol doesn't bite it, yet.

We already knew she isn't going to bite it yet in next week's episode. She did turn up at the end of "Slabtown," looking pretty much alive and well by how it appeared.

Yeah, I am pretty sure all the events we see in this upcoming episode will be those leading up to Carl showing up in the hospital. I'm pretty sure the burning body part is before Daryl returns to the church and Carol gets wheeled into the hospital

I just had a weird thought: You know what would be an interesting twist about Eugene? If Eugene lied about not being a scientist at that moment, so to keep Abraham from trying to drag him and the group through that Megaherd they spotted because he knew they wouldn't be able to make it through, and that he was telling the truth the whole time. I mean, who would honestly see that coming?

Like I said, it's a weird thought.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back