The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

The same argument can be made for every vehicle in the show, for crying out loud! Remember, the world of The Walking Dead doesn't have any of that background noise of traffic like it used to, so you'd probably attract just as much noise with any vehicle (there have been some examples in the comics where the dead have been attracted to roads due to motor vehicles of all types). Besides, the same argument can be made about Daryl and his bike since the start of Season 2....

https://d3qom94u9bnnf1.cloudfront.net/content/list/10998.jpg

But, people don't seem to mind it...

http://www.nerdlikeyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/daryl-dixon-like-a-boss.jpg

Besides, if you're going fast, it's going to be hard for a Walker to catch any vehicle, including a bike, let alone long enough for Walkers to get to the road to catch them. Now, if he was sitting and idling loud, then it'd be a problem

True, but Daryl's choppers are likely to attract walkers from a lot further away than most cars due to how loud they are in comparison to a car. An average car would probably only attract the attention of walkers from no more than 100 yards or so I'd guess while Daryll's choppers would easily out distance that by at least another 20 - 30 yards, if not more.

True, but Daryl's choppers are likely to attract walkers from a lot further away than most cars due to how loud they are in comparison to a car. An average car would probably only attract the attention of walkers from no more than 100 yards or so I'd guess while Daryll's choppers would easily out distance that by at least another 20 - 30 yards, if not more.

So, basically, not that much of a difference.

So, basically, not that much of a difference.

I don't know, 20 - 30 yards can make all the difference from attracting a horde of walkers to slipping on by completely unnoticed. Besides, 20 - 30 yards is only my very rough and conservative guesstimate. I wouldn't be surprised if a choppers, esp. some Harleys can be heard from a lot further out than an average car, esp. Daryl's current ride, that thing is pretty freaking loud.

I don't know, 20 - 30 yards can make all the difference from attracting a horde of walkers to slipping on by completely unnoticed. Besides, 20 - 30 yards is only my very rough and conservative guesstimate. I wouldn't be surprised if a choppers, esp. some Harleys can be heard from a lot further out than an average car, esp. Daryl's current ride, that thing is pretty freaking loud.

Again, not much difference, especially if you're going by on the road at 40 miles per hour (by the time the walkers get to the road, they wouldn't be able to locate which direction the noise headed. Now, if he was sitting still and idling, then there'd be a big issue.

Again, not much difference, especially if you're going by on the road at 40 miles per hour (by the time the walkers get to the road, they wouldn't be able to locate which direction the noise headed. Now, if he was sitting still and idling, then there'd be a big issue.

Considering how you can hear Harleys coming it could potentially make a difference in that it could draw walkers to the road you're on and you'd then run smack dab into a horde of walkers at 40mph. Now mind you I'm not really arguing here and debating this more for the fun of it than anything else.

Considering how you can hear Harleys coming it could potentially make a difference in that it could draw walkers to the road you're on and you'd then run smack dab into a horde of walkers at 40mph. Now mind you I'm not really arguing here and debating this more for the fun of it than anything else.

Again, if they're 120-130 yards from the road, and they hear it coming, at the slow pace Walkers move, they'd still miss the bike before they can get to the road. Now, if you're debating involved the Rage infected victims of 28 Days Later, where they're running as fast as they can, then maybe I'd agree with you that'd its plausible (and even then, they'd still wouldn't be able to capture the bike in time as it passes by.

Then again, this is a work of fiction. If the writers want Daryl to ride a loud-ass bike without having to worry about the Walkers showing up, then they'll have it that way. And if it seems implausible to ride such a loud bike during the zombie apocalypse, then you might as well complain about the zombie apocalypse occurring. It is a good looking bike, nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and morgan was stupid. Yes, every life is precious. But crazy ass fools that try to kill you need to go. How many times did those 2+ Do that to others? Answer a lot. So take them cause they are useless.. Now they killed little red riding good.

Yeah I hope that's not the way they're going with Morgan. People like that, even if you're the most peace loving human, can't be allowed to live. All they do is kill, rape, pillage, etc. I think if you have someone with that attitude as they're alluding to with Morgan, they're almost a liability to a group.

I can't wait for October, and I can't wait for Compendium 3 to be released. I broke down and ordered the trade paperbacks 17-20. Looking forward to reading about this Neegan character everyone keeps talking about....

Apparently someone called him the N word before the video starts and that set him off

I have been down where they film, EVERYBODY speeds on them country roads! :lol

Maybe he was on a mission from god and had to haul ass to get there! :D

Seth Gilliam, just got busted for pot, DUI and speeding... 107 mph.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back