The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

I just had a weird thought: You know what would be an interesting twist about Eugene? If Eugene lied about not being a scientist at that moment, so to keep Abraham from trying to drag him and the group through that Megaherd they spotted because he knew they wouldn't be able to make it through, and that he was telling the truth the whole time. I mean, who would honestly see that coming?

Like I said, it's a weird thought.

Interesting theory, but it is too big of a departure from the comics methinks.

WHAT IF...Eugene and the crew wake up on an alien space ship and have to fight the governor that now has a spider body and michonne has a light saber ...etc

It would be interesting plot line if they meet up with a zombi that remembers who they are and becomes part of the team. I have never seen it before but it could be fun.

WHAT IF...Eugene and the crew wake up on an alien space ship and have to fight the governor that now has a spider body and michonne has a light saber ...etc

It would be interesting plot line if they meet up with a zombi that remembers who they are and becomes part of the team. I have never seen it before but it could be fun.

Funny guys. Only you two could take a legit, though weird, thought, and turn it into an attempt at of a joke. Kudos to you. I applaud your efforts. I'm sure the ladies on the forum will find that to be cute. :D

Also, not only has it been featured in Warm Bodies as The Mad Professor mentioned, but it was used in Dead Heat (1988). The trailer for that one is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipJpRPrkaSk

Zombi Lori could have a special episode!

They actually featured a zombie Lori, but cut it out of the show. It was the hallucination of a zombie Lori, which comes from the comic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny guys. Only you two could take a legit, though weird, thought, and turn it into an attempt at of a joke. Kudos to you. I applaud your efforts. I'm sure the ladies on the forum will find that to be cute. :D

Also, not only has it been featured in Warm Bodies as The Mad Professor mentioned, but it was used in Dead Heat (1988). The trailer for that one is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipJpRPrkaSk

Ah...Nice
Well Issue 75 from the comic was a departures from the comic. That would take guts to do, would it be silly maybe...but everyone would be talking about it. Would I want to see it..Maybe.
bonus round option 4.jpg

Now Im not saying that its a bad idea you had, but from a story point...No...So you cure this...the End...Whats the point! Eugene has the power to say no and do his own thing...If he did have the cure...He would do and say what he needed to stay alive....But Eugene was lying to stay alive and make it to DC...they even said it on the Talking Dead...Like I said not a bad idea...but not good for the show. or spinoff show.

Now Im not saying that its a bad idea you had, but from a story point...No...So you cure this...the End...Whats the point! Eugene has the power to say no and do his own thing...If he did have the cure...He would do and say what he needed to stay alive....But Eugene was lying to stay alive and make it to DC...they even said it on the Talking Dead...Like I said not a bad idea...but not good for the show. or spinoff show.

Well, from what I've read, it is recommended that for any kind of apocalypse, it's best not to announce that you're any kind of doctor or scientist, because it increases the likehood of people targeting you. Plus, if you were a scientist and you have a military guy who appears to be going psycho when it's clearly a bad idea to drive into a megaherd of Walkers, wouldn't you lie to him to protect you, him and the others with you from a potentially bad idea he is blindly willing to do?

And it's hard to actually trust what is said on Talking Dead, let alone what actors and producers can or can't say. I point out an example with Katee Sachkoff in Battlestar Galactica. After the episode of "Maelstrom", from Season 3, Sachkoff, when at conventions, she acted as if her character was permanently written off when people asked her about it. Even the opening credits of the show had her named removed from the credits after that episode. Yet, Starbuck came back at the end of Season 3 (and her credits was added at the end of the Season 3 finale after her appearance), and her name was put back into the opening credits in Season 4. So, just because we hear the actors and producer say "Yeah, Eugene's not a scientist" after what is revealed in the episode doesn't necessarily mean that it's fact, especially if they're planning on broadsiding people with another twist about Eugene.

But then again, like I said, it was a weird idea, and I could very well be wrong. I mean, for all we know, they're playing it exactly as the comics.

Last edited:
Watching Season 4 again today with a buddy at work who needs to catch up...

I really don't see how they can wrap the show up to statisfaction of the viewers. Viewers get really pissy when there's no story resolution... just having them walk off in the sunset, to fight another day, isn't going to cut it.

Maybe they need something like in the Stand... find out that newborns - post zombies - don't carry the virus, so eventually, generationally, the virus will run it's course and everything will right itself with the survivors...

Of course that means we're talking an elderly Carl (coral) dying off with his little sister and her offspring being immune...

I don't understand how Slabtown only "needs" ONE freaking doctor. I would say a staff of at least three or four would suffice. Bunch of idiots I suppose, but the reasoning for being worried about another doctor didn't seem sound to me.

Well, from what I've read, it is recommended that for any kind of apocalypse, it's best not to announce that you're any kind of doctor or scientist, because it increases the likehood of people targeting you. Plus, if you were a scientist and you have a military guy who appears to be going psycho when it's clearly a bad idea to drive into a megaherd of Walkers, wouldn't you lie to him to protect you, him and the others with you from a potentially bad idea he is blindly willing to do?

And it's hard to actually trust what is said on Talking Dead, let alone what actors and producers can or can't say. I point out an example with Katee Sachkoff in Battlestar Galactica. After the episode of "Maelstrom", from Season 3, Sachkoff, when at conventions, she acted as if her character was permanently written off when people asked her about it. Even the opening credits of the show had her named removed from the credits after that episode. Yet, Starbuck came back at the end of Season 3 (and her credits was added at the end of the Season 3 finale after her appearance), and her name was put back into the opening credits in Season 4. So, just because we hear the actors and producer say "Yeah, Eugene's not a scientist" after what is revealed in the episode doesn't necessarily mean that it's fact, especially if they're planning on broadsiding people with another twist about Eugene.

But then again, like I said, it was a weird idea, and I could very well be wrong. I mean, for all we know, they're playing it exactly as the comics.

Part of the reason that Katee was 'written out' as I recall was because she was being treated for thyroid cancer and they didn't know if she'd be well enough to continue playing the role.

Part of the reason that Katee was 'written out' as I recall was because she was being treated for thyroid cancer and they didn't know if she'd be well enough to continue playing the role.

From what I read, it was during the filming towards the end of the final season (Season 4) when she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, not Season 3 (when Starbucks died and resurrected). Her surgery was in February 2009, which was before airing of the final season. That means Starbuck's death and resurrection were written and filmed well before Katee's diagnoses.

But the point is, there are actors who have purposefully played along with the producers of a show to deceive the audiences when it came to surprising them. So, what was said on "Talking Dead" could be purposeful misdirect as much as it could be true.

They've played WD pretty safe, especially since Franky went bye-bye. I can't see any wide departures from the comic.

But is turning out that Eugene was telling the truth about being a scientist and lied about not being one would be a wide departure?

Plus keep in mind that even if mullet was changed to be a real scientist. It's too late for him to do any good. Abe beat him up so bad that he would likely just eat puzzle pieces or people. Good chance his skull is fractured now. Took the fist with the elbow combo. Knocked the back of his head on the bus. Which made go nightly night and fall face 1st on the asphalt. Got a sweet cut / indent on the forehead.

But is turning out that Eugene was telling the truth about being a scientist and lied about not being one would be a wide departure?
It changes the entire dynamic of the story because it would mean that a cure exists. At this point we don't know about any form of cure. Imo, any good zombie film keeps cures out of the formula.

Plus keep in mind that even if mullet was changed to be a real scientist. It's too late for him to do any good. Abe beat him up so bad that he would likely just eat puzzle pieces or people. Good chance his skull is fractured now. Took the fist with the elbow combo. Knocked the back of his head on the bus. Which made go nightly night and fall face 1st on the asphalt. Got a sweet cut / indent on the forehead.
I like to see Eugene wake up from the beating without that silly vocal affectation...or speaking a completely different language!

They've played WD pretty safe, especially since Franky went bye-bye. I can't see any wide departures from the comic.

Really?

Daryl's entire existence.
Carol still being alive.
Andrea being dead.
Lori's death.
Dale dying when he did.
Judith still being alive.

Nope. No major differences at all...

I mean nothing that has severely changed the plot direction from the comic. From what I've seen in specific characters they've more or less shifted certain people around to fill roles of different characters in the comic. The Judith one is a pretty big one in my eyes though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back