2014 SECRET SANTA THREAD - *** Entry NOW CLOSED ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I am so dying inside :) I would never wait till xmas but I think this year I will be waiting till it shows up :)
Everything is looking so good and everyone is having a great time !

This Secret Santa has certainly made the season more fun for me, I usually find gift finding a chore but really enjoyed working out what to make my recipient. A tradition I hope to enjoy for years to come.

I am having a hard time not opening my gift after thinking it was stolen :lol

I really want to at least open the USPS box, but I'm worried the gift isn't wrapped. Of course if I did open the box and there was a wrapped gift inside I would end up obsessing over figuring out what it is, so I think I'm just going to leave it in the box until Christmas Eve. I can't wait :D

I really want to at least open the USPS box, but I'm worried the gift isn't wrapped. Of course if I did open the box and there was a wrapped gift inside I would end up obsessing over figuring out what it is, so I think I'm just going to leave it in the box until Christmas Eve. I can't wait :D

:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I received my gift, not sure until I open it though. All I know is there was a package in the mail that no one ordered.

Well it's looking like my gift may have been lost/stolen, as it still hasn't arrived, and I found out it was supposed to come yesterday. The only reason I think it may have been stolen is because we just switched to a "Cluster Mailbox", which looks almost exactly like this one:

http://www.yosemitewest.org/cluster.jpg

and I'm pretty sure the box marked 1P is for packages, but ours has the damn key in it (the 1P box), and it seems like it can be opened by anyone http://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif

You'll find the key can't be removed by you; once a parcel is delivered to that compartment, the carrier releases the key and places it in your box for you to retrieve the parcel.

Last edited:
I received a green package yesterday. Turns out it was delivered to my neighbour but she hadn't managed to get it over to me before that time.

Doesn't say Secret Santa on the package, but since I didn't order anything lately, I have a very strong feeling that's what it is... :)

Not that i know anything about your package, but i think if a green package looks like this , it should be safe to open before christmas ...I think people place the real package inside them..
Grönpost.jpg

Ugh, USPS is slow as molasses this time of year - but according to my tracking, the package should reach its destination before Christmas. I allowed ten days (and still send via Priority Mail), and it looks like just about everyone one will be utilized.

DO IT DO IT DO IT (I am that little devil on your shoulder) :)

Well since I will be out of town this week I decided to open my gift up a wee bit early.

THANK YOU Grimwood!

Love the little 3D printed chestburster with the piece of flesh for him to pop out of :) Want to hang him on the wall with a little festive Christmas hat....idea for next year ;)

Thank you again and hope you have yourself a GREAT Christmas to you, your family, and all the members here on the RPF.

Ugh, USPS is slow as molasses this time of year - but according to my tracking, the package should reach its destination before Christmas. I allowed ten days (and still send via Priority Mail), and it looks like just about everyone one will be utilized.

Yeah, it's horrible. I'm tracking a bunch of unrelated packages, and they're all nail-biters. Even a week and a half ago, "Priority 2-Day" meant more like 5. I have some Priority International packages which went out on Dec. 4, and still haven't arrived. Things are just sitting in the major hubs for over a week, in most cases. Anything I sent FedEx has actually been arriving EARLY, but USPS....sloooooooow. No surprise they're in so much trouble. :facepalm

Not that i know anything about your package, but i think if a green package looks like this , it should be safe to open before christmas ...I think people place the real package inside them..
View attachment 417432
Contec, I must congratulate you on your deductive abilities. I took your advice and opened up the green exterior. And indeed, inside was the package from my secret Santa!

Secret Santa.jpg

It's a exciting package that has been sealed so it can not be opened until Christmas... So please mark me as received!

Their tracking is always behind. I have tracked packages that never get any updates until after they were delivered.

Glad you liked it! Merry Christmas!

Well since I will be out of town this week I decided to open my gift up a wee bit early.

THANK YOU Grimwood!

Love the little 3D printed chestburster with the piece of flesh for him to pop out of :) Want to hang him on the wall with a little festive Christmas hat....idea for next year ;)

Thank you again and hope you have yourself a GREAT Christmas to you, your family, and all the members here on the RPF.

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/...2/th_93D7DDAC-2453-4876-B1F7-F20D17179EDA.jpg

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/...2/th_2622E14A-C6D4-441B-8DF9-3A0272B3A80E.jpg

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/...2/th_7C1868D3-9572-4A48-837A-157E3C88EF4A.jpg

I couldn't help myself, so I decided to peek into the package and see if the present was wrapped. They were :)

My Secret Santa gifts.jpg

I'm still going to wait until Christmas Eve to open them though, assuming I can make it that long :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back