The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

Sounded like someone calling for help to me.

I'm with Caymen on this. Everyone on this show is becoming hopelessly stupid. I honestly was hoping Abraham would get himself bitten.

I thought he was going to, and I was muttering "WTH is wrong with you?? Just stab the damned thing in the head so it stops grabbing at you!"

You would think by now people would know, if you see a dead body, dont get right up close to it because its probably going to bite you.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the last thing heard on the radio? I couldn't make it out.

Im going to go with Glenn saying help. He would probably be on the same frequency.

It had to be Glenn ....very weak...close to dying...or under the dumpster with no food ...no water for days..very weak and dehydrated...and most likely bit ...so time for him would be short...so no water at all ...his voice wouldn't be too recognizable...as they say..fighting to just to try and say help...would be so hard to do and clearly..jmo

May I ask, and I'm not trying to be difficult, what you liked about it? Because it felt like pure filler to me. Like, I could airdrop a middle schooler into the woods with nothing but a sharp stick and a mason jar of liquified buffalo poo and two weeks later they'd march out of the bush with a more exciting script.

I thought it was a good episode, too. Why? For several reasons. We know there is another big group out there that is armed, and organized, and led by a governor-esque leader. We see how far Darryl has come as a person. It took the world ending to get him to care about other people. Though after the way that played out, he might starting thinking Rick is right. And now the group has RPGs! And we heard a strange voice on the radio calling for help. The show has a few options now.

I'm with Caymen on this. Everyone on this show is becoming hopelessly stupid. I honestly was hoping Abraham would get himself bitten.
I was ok with Abraham flipping out. I think every character will get to that breaking point, and go one of two ways. They can decide life is still worth living, or they can give up and give in.

It had to be Glenn ....very weak...close to dying...or under the dumpster with no food ...no water for days..very weak and dehydrated...and most likely bit ...so time for him would be short...so no water at all ...his voice wouldn't be too recognizable...as they say..fighting to just to try and say help...would be so hard to do and clearly..jmo
that's the thing it has not been days the last 5 episodes or so minus the flashback about Morgan all took place the same day . remember they only drove 20 miles not 200 and they were driving around 15 to 20 miles an hour soooo. but Glenn would have to whisper if it was him anyway. but im sure it is that damn blond punk probably threw the chain or belt off the bike and wants durel (got to say it right for merl) l to fix it for him lol

here is my question. after Glenn found the riot gear that apparently would let his safely fight through a herd of the dead ,

WHY WOULD HE TAKE IT OFF ??????????????????? EVER?????????????????

Last edited:
that's the thing it has not been days the last 5 episodes or so minus the flashback about Morgan all took place the same day . remember they only drove 20 miles not 200 and they were driving around 15 to 20 miles an hour soooo. but Glenn would have to whisper if it was him anyway. but im sure it is that damn blond punk probably through the chain or belt off the bike and wants durel (got to say it right for merl) l to fix it for him lol
I didn't consider that the same timeframe...all this happening at the same timeline..good point , I assumed substantial time went by during Glenn's event...but in that one episode ..with Maggie and the guy going after Glenn, I was thinking that was the next day or a couple after that...lol...thanks for making me aware , I never even considered any differently

Here is my question. After Glenn found the riot gear that apparently would let his safely fight through a herd of the dead,

WHY WOULD HE TAKE IT OFF ??????????????????? EVER?????????????????

Because it does little to protect you from walkers, what Glen had would offer little protection against walkers because it covered none of the more vulnerable areas like his arms and legs. Sure, his head and torso are covered but where do most people get bit, on the arms and legs and occasionally the neck, all areas that the armor does not cover and being riot armor, it probably won't stop a bullet, not even .22LR since it would be designed to protect against bludgeoning attacks and probably thrusting weapons too but not guns. All this means is that you're lugging a lot of extra weight for no real gain, not unless you get knocked down and pull a turtle and pull your arms and legs into the armor and scrunch your neck down so the helmet and the body armor cover it.

Personally, I'd have invested in some form of arm and leg protection by this time, using anything that I could to create at least makeshift armor. I'd be raiding sporting goods stores for any kind of shin guards and using smaller ones to cover my arms. Once settled down somewhere I'd be taking the time to try to craft something better, something that gives all around protection to the arms and legs, probably using leather since no human, dead or alive, is going to bite through sufficiently thick boiled leather. Imagine how much easier it would be to stab a walker in the head with a knife if you could let it grab on to your arm without fear of actually being bit, just let it bite the armor on your arm and stab it right up close.

Because it does little to protect you from walkers, what Glen had would offer little protection against walkers because it covered none of the more vulnerable areas like his arms and legs. Sure, his head and torso are covered but where do most people get bit, on the arms and legs and occasionally the neck, all areas that the armor does not cover and being riot armor, it probably won't stop a bullet, not even .22LR since it would be designed to protect against bludgeoning attacks and probably thrusting weapons too but not guns. All this means is that you're lugging a lot of extra weight for no real gain, not unless you get knocked down and pull a turtle and pull your arms and legs into the armor and scrunch your neck down so the helmet and the body armor cover it.

Personally, I'd have invested in some form of arm and leg protection by this time, using anything that I could to create at least makeshift armor. I'd be raiding sporting goods stores for any kind of shin guards and using smaller ones to cover my arms. Once settled down somewhere I'd be taking the time to try to craft something better, something that gives all around protection to the arms and legs, probably using leather since no human, dead or alive, is going to bite through sufficiently thick boiled leather. Imagine how much easier it would be to stab a walker in the head with a knife if you could let it grab on to your arm without fear of actually being bit, just let it bite the armor on your arm and stab it right up close.

Chainmail.

Seriously, chainmail, a chain coif, and maybe one of those riot helmets, and you're invulnerable to walkers, at least outside of being crushed by a herd of them.

Mail would work very well, but mail tends to be heavy. However, you could probably cheat it and use aluminum which should be more than adequate vs. a human bite. The only question, which is easier to get a hold of, quality leather or steel or aluminum wire to make into mail?

In the real world, things like cotton t-shirts and denim jeans aren't that easy for a human to chew through, lack of pain response of not, our teeth are fairly blunt and not meant to chewing through fabrics and the like. But in the Walking Dead universe, you'd need at least thick denim, if not decently thick leather like one a military flight jacket or biker jacket, to stop a walker bite, even then I'd believe that someone on the show would still get bitten through those kinds of materials. It seems that on the Walking Dead, the human bite is capable of getting through nearly anything as if we had rodent or a predator's teeth and a much higher bite force than we actually do.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back