New Revell Imperial Star Destroyer kit?

I agree! I hope they have more luck than they did with the Black Pearl kit. I have Randy Coopers Star Destroyer on my wish list but this may take its place

Is the Zvezda kit the cartoon version from Rebels? FB is blocked here at work. That works out to be just over 23 inches, a decent size.

sd.PNG

I saw the ISD kit in person yesterday at Revell´s booth at the model fair in Vienna. It´s a decent size though I prefer larger kits like Anigrand´s. The superstructure detail looked a bit flat, but since it was shown at the manufacturer´s booth it was built out of box of course, so a simple wash will improve it quite much. It´s hard to say if the detail fits the scale; while I thought it looked flat and two-dimensional, the model´s size needs to be considered so the detail shouldn´t stand out so much as on larger kits. In any case, there´s plenty of room for superdetailing to take it to the next step, but since the kit is so small it will be harder than improving a 1/2256 model for example. The side trenches are really narrow but quite deep at the same time, so it was hard to see how much and what kind of detail is in there. This is an erea which I think needs to be improved. Unfortunately it was hard to see the engine area and bottom. The neck is covered with lots of small panels, but I felt it lacked some more specific detail, it just looked too random.

They also showed the new (and tiny) AT-ACT and some older kits, like the large AT-AT and Y-Wing. The AT-AT was said to be rereleased so this could be taken as confirmation, and a rerelease of the Y-Wing seems plausible as it makes an appearance in Rogue One (though I´m glad there is the Bandai kit instead).

Looks like the Zvedza kit will be the new king of styrene Star Destroyers and Revell's kit will be a cheap kit bash alternative

Nice to hear of the AT-AT rerelease. I really would like another one without paying the outrageous eBay prices. Right now it's the only game in town for 1/72

The Y-wing could be nice depending on price. I won't feel bad covering up all the exquisite Bandai details with plates when converting it into a Clone Wars Y-wing or a plated Y-wing like that F-Toys one.

It actually has almost identically size and proportions to the Bandai one, but much more simplified detail so it ideal for a 1/72 conversion. I have one that I built back around 2010 or so when it first came out. As a matter of fact, it was the first model I bought since the 80's since it was half off on Michael's Craft store and it was what launched my renewed passion in collecting and building Star Wars kits and others

Along with the Republic Star Destroyer, at least we got a few useful rereleases

Finally got it and instantly gave it a light wash and put it together.
Feels pretty solid and the amount of detail is insane for that price.
Love it!

IMG_2146b.jpgIMG_2148b.jpgIMG_2129b.jpg

It would look a lot better if they didn't over exaggerate the panel lines.

Still, the bridge looks good as does the back of the bridge spine. Better than the Zvezda kit.

It would look a lot better if they didn't over exaggerate the panel lines.

Still, the bridge looks good as does the back of the bridge spine. Better than the Zvezda kit.

Yep, if you squint at the Revell bridge, you can see the S F there. No matter how hard I stare at the Zvezda version, it ain't there.

The lack of the rear neck deck (garbage chute) on the Zvezda kit is puzzling as well.

If the Revell version ever shows up at Hobby Lobby, for $20.00 after the 40% off coupon, it's not a bad little kit.

Agreed, if Hobby Lobby has it I'll grab one with the coupon. I have a new Hobby Lobby not two minutes from my front door!

I got one, too, and I like it. Yeah, do plan on getting the Zvezda kit, too, of course. But for the price,the Revell kit is a nice size, and the detail is very crisp and tiny. Making it less toy-like should be pretty simple. Maybe I'll stand the central antenna upright, to have an ANH version; and then build the ZVEZDA kit as the TESB version. Win-win.

I found one of these last night at my local Game Stop......And I couldn't walk away from it. It goes together quickly, and I have to say, it's a really nice model! I'm not a 'rivet counter', much more a casual / relaxed modeler, and to me, it has really good detail, and looks the part. I will probably add a bit of height to the side walls (The opposite of what has to be done to their MF!) and fill in around the cockamammy landing gear - Honestly, a stupid feature, but easily rectified - and add a few bits of detail, but hey, that's what we do in this hobby!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back