ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Well, I've learned more about the distinguished naval career of a member of the forum than I ever cared to know, and we got somewhat of an abbreviated lesson on Eli Whitney.

I also got updates on the three Anovos products I have on order without even asking (well, technically didn't ask :) ) Seems good enough for one day, I think.

- - - Updated - - -

This happens when a quality check or approval stop occurs. An item can literally be green lit, but then held back if our in-house QC people catch something. In the case of the IO's packaging was not done right and not exactly what was submitted and approved to LF. This is an internal mistake, but it does happen.

Which still does not answer exactly whats going on with them etc and whilst certain posts have been addressed and ranting about someone being a friend complaining about the service received (I wonder if MJF got a friends and family discount?) nothing new about when products are going to be in customers hands has really been addressed and take away all the bickering etc is what this is all about

Last edited:
I for one would like Anovos to get their act together and not fold, being able to pick up high end costumes can only be a good thing for the costume community (I'm aware others are of a different opinion) but as it stands those that have been waiting years have every right to complain and be angry they also do not want refunds, I went with Anovos as based on their estimates it would have been quicker than the vendor I was advised to go with Its turned out to be 3 times longer and counting, All I want now is to know why its taking so long whats being done to sort out the problem and how long is it going to take? At this point unless I have misinterpreted my item was delayed because it was put in a box wrong? now as I said I may have not quite understood what GotMaul meant but that's kinda my point about not explaining in detal

Last edited:
@Got Maul. Will the Han Solo Bespin premiere and the Han Solo Holster be shipped by Halloween? I need the information to determine my course of action this year and I'm running out of time. This is the third time I've asked, but all this back-and-forth flaming has gotten the question buried, I believe.

Last edited:
To right the ship, I'll bring up something I've seen mentioned on Anovos' Facebook page recently: the possible addition of "want lists" for currently sold out items. Not sure how this would work exactly but I'm in favor of the idea, as there are a few things that have sold out of their first batches that I would potentially be interested in down the line. Organizing such interest seems smart.

There's certainly no shortage of strong opinions on this thread, but wanted to chime in with a positive note. I received my completed Stormtrooper Ensemble a little over a month ago and finally assembled it on a mannequin this past weekend. It's the first product I've received from Anovos and had no idea what to expect, but I'm completely thrilled by what I received. The manufacturing/finish quality of the armor is superb and finally having a lifesize stormtrooper in my collection makes me happy beyond words. Is the product perfect? No, the button plate was attached upside-down and the neck seal wasn't included in the box. (I've contacted Anovos customer support and they apologized and told me it'll be shipped out separately)

As someone who's spent 35+ years loving the world of Star Wars and its characters, its a dream come true to finally be able to own some of these armors/costumes. I have three other ensembles ordered (OT TIE, AT-AT, and Snowtrooper) and couldn't be more excited to receive them. Am I happy about delays or lack of updates? Obviously not. Am I willing to wait a little longer if it means a better product? Absolutely.

Keep 'em coming Anovos!

Stormy.jpg

Looks good! I like how it sits on the mannequin.

Reminds me, I should probably get started on my own Anovos TK kit... I've had mine for a bit longer than a month :rolleyes
Who knows, with my inexperience it might occupy me until all my stuff from RS, EFX and Anovos arrives :lol

...As far as shadowtroopers , this is the excess on top of the pre-orders that were already filled for either the single helmets or kits. Those are all either filled or awaiting to be filled with stock in the warehouse...

Got Maul, PLEASE answer this question:
Why is it sitting in your warehouse and not already shipped to the people who have already paid for it?

And a piece of advice for you, and all your CSR's, one business owner to another:
You would be surprised how far an honest apology can go towards smoothing things out with unhappy customers.
That's not meant to be an attack on you or your CSR's.

Got Maul, PLEASE answer this question:
Why is it sitting in your warehouse and not already shipped to the people who have already paid for it?

And a piece of advice for you, and all your CSR's, one business owner to another:
You would be surprised how far an honest apology can go towards smoothing things out with unhappy customers.
That's not meant to be an attack on you or your CSR's.

I am confused by your question. They have been shipped. There are still a few that haven't because of bad address or some other secondary reason, but they are shipped and the ones at the show were excess inventory. As I said before, if anyone has not received theirs and is reading this, please respond here and email me as well.

edit For clarity : these are not shadowtrooper helmet Kits. Those are not done and orders have yet to be fulfilled on these.

As far as apologies, I have done so a many times to the individuals . At this point its about getting the job done.

Last edited:
I for one would like Anovos to get their act together and not fold, being able to pick up high end costumes can only be a good thing for the costume community (I'm aware others are of a different opinion) but as it stands those that have been waiting years have every right to complain and be angry they also do not want refunds, I went with Anovos as based on their estimates it would have been quicker than the vendor I was advised to go with Its turned out to be 3 times longer and counting, All I want now is to know why its taking so long whats being done to sort out the problem and how long is it going to take? At this point unless I have misinterpreted my item was delayed because it was put in a box wrong? now as I said I may have not quite understood what GotMaul meant but that's kinda my point about not explaining in detal

The issue with the IO is that it comes from three different places and sourcing for manufacturing. As it stands now, the body is ready to ship , but the hat is a month out and the belt are still a couple weeks out. One of the rules imposed by LF is that we are not allowed to send these as separate components. We are working to amend this to hopefully get you at least the jacket and pants to have something in hand. Depending on whether the belt's safety tests come in on time to pack along with the outfit is going to be either with the uniform or come quickly after.

@Got Maul. Will the Han Solo Bespin premiere and the Han Solo Holster be shipped by Halloween? I need the information to determine my course of action this year and I'm running out of time. This is the third time I've asked, but all this back-and-forth flaming has gotten the question buried, I believe.

I am looking at the ship ability of the uniform now. It is missing the final LF approval step on it to get it approved for distribution. The good news is the oufit and custom box is done, it is literally just waiting for this final paperwork to send out. I will update this space when I find out more today.

As for the holster, those are done too but it had some quality issues with the greeblies. Basically we had to invest another $10k into tooling to get the greeblies injected plastic in order to be durable. That cost us time and as described above are trying to get special permission to send these out and send the greeblies later on.

I am confused by your question...

Sorry, let me clarify:
Is it accurate to say that there are no items in your warehouse that are for pre-orderd/paid for items.
(all ready to go, approved yadi yada, like a solo belt for instance--but not specifically)
As in, all pre-orders that you have received stock for have shipped?

If no, that is the question--"why not", if yes, they have shipped, excellent.

Last edited:
Sorry, let me clarify:
Is it accurate to say that there are no items in your warehouse that are for pre-orderd/paid for items.
As in, all pre-orders that you have received stock for have shipped?

If no, that is the question--"why not", if yes, they have shipped, excellent.

That is correct, for items that were on pre-order to which we have received stock, those were shipped above any post sales that took place. So in this case, the completed TFA stormtrooper and shadowtrooper helmet have already reached their direct customers. The excess was either at NYCC or in warehouse.

@Gotmaul - I'll bet 99%, if not 100% would say send them now (with whatever greeblies they have) and have the finalized Greeblies follow. Think of it as a "Hey, sorry for the wait. Here are some temporary greeblies to use until the final product is shipped to you. You may keep them."

Anyways, there are temporary solutions to subpar or missing greeblies, but no solution to having nothing again this Halloween.

--and thanks for jumping back into the thread. :)

@Gotmaul - I'll bet 99%, if not 100% would say send them now (with whatever greeblies they have) and have the finalized Greeblies follow. Think of it as a "Hey, sorry for the wait. Here are some temporary greeblies to use until the final product is shipped to you. You may keep them."

Anyways, there are temporary solutions to subpar or missing greeblies, but no solution to having nothing again this Halloween.

That's exactly our argument to LF as well, especially in the case that we went back and forth a few times on the quality issue (stems kept breaking off, so we had to change the manufacture practice and try multiple durometers) which then pushed the greeblies out by months instead of weeks. We've been going back and forth with them on this issue for a few weeks now, being that the packaging and holsters have been done and sitting in the warehouse for some time now.

That is correct, for items that were on pre-order to which we have received stock, those were shipped above any post sales that took place. So in this case, the completed TFA stormtrooper and shadowtrooper helmet have already reached their direct customers. The excess was either at NYCC or in warehouse.

Excellent, so you are saying you have nothing on hand anymore that falls under a paid for pre-order--across the board (all products all licenses).
In essence, if an item has started shipping, all of what you have in inventory shipped.

Can you provide some idea on when you will be receiving more inventory to fulfill remaining preorders that haven't shipped?

Excellent, so you are saying you have nothing on hand anymore that falls under a paid for pre-order--across the board (all products all licenses).
In essence, if an item has started shipping, all of what you have in inventory shipped.

Can you provide some idea on when you will be receiving more inventory to fulfill remaining preorders that haven't shipped?

Keep in mind this is only for the items I just mentioned, I wish were done with our pre-orders but we are getting through it. :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back