Rubies Supreme Stormtrooper

The lower half doesn't look that bad. The chest plate seems to have a raised lip around the edge? Looks a little odd....the helmet just looks tiny.

Can someone cite some reasons why it is bad? Real reasons, not just "OMG it sucks!!!" It looks as good as an FX suit to me.

The armour looks fine if you want ROTJ style.

The only reason it looks bad is the helmet. Which is too small in proportion to the body armour, poorly proportioned compared to a screen helmet (the cap looking tiny compared with the faceplate), the frown looks too severe because the faceplate looks squished in, the eyes are too small, the top half of the face looks like it has been pulled back like a poor facelift, the brow trim looks moulded and too thin, the earcaps look moulded on and too thin and in a poor position and it has poor paint colours which are put on badly. It looks thin flimsy and cheap. Its a Rubies helmet nothing new :)

As mentioned this is a publicity shot so only time will tell on what the actual product sold looks like.

I have no doubt there will be a lot more reference when these go on sale. I predict this will be a reasonably big seller as stormtroopers are a fan favourite.

Cheers Chris

Seems overpriced, but the Rubies Supreme Vader can be bought for a few hundred off eBay nowadays, so it may end up as a fairly cheap and decent set for some people. Trim the lip off of the chest plate and get the $100 Stormtrooper bucket (those are ROTJ as well, right?) and you've got yourself some trooping armor.

I predict a few people selling just chest armor as upgrades to this...

EDIT: Derp, meant Supreme, not DLX.

Last edited:
Seems overpriced, but the Rubies DLX Vader can be bought for a few hundred off eBay nowadays, so it may end up as a fairly cheap and decent set for some people. Trim the lip off of the chest plate and get the $100 Stormtrooper bucket (those are ROTJ as well, right?) and you've got yourself some trooping armor.

I predict a few people selling just chest armor as upgrades to this...
EFX needs to sell that $100 MR helmet in the states.

Can someone cite some reasons why it is bad? Real reasons, not just "OMG it sucks!!!" It looks as good as an FX suit to me.

I actually think it looks great for an ROTJ (except the small helmet). I just do not and can not believe that the final suit will even resemble that quality.

rubies_supreme_tk.jpg
stormtrooper.JPG

The lower half doesn't look that bad. The chest plate seems to have a raised lip around the edge? Looks a little odd....the helmet just looks tiny.

That's because it's an ROTJ suit. ROTJ have a lip on the chest plate, ab plate and cod area as well as the back plate and butt plate. You will also notice the upside down buttons on the ab plate which tells you it is an ROTJ.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back