Rubies Supreme Stormtrooper

OMG .. this is horrible .. I really hope people WILL get informed before buying this thing!!!

I own an AP armor .. and it looks 100 times better then this thing!! And for a fraction of the price ..

Let's continue inform the people out there so that no one buys this crap!

Whitearmor.net peeps, Whitearmor.net :D

looks like the ab and belt are one piece. :sick

I noticed that too. That aspect would definitely need to be replaced if someone wanted a more accurate costume.

The diamond kneecap looks to be a little short on the sides too, or possibly the calf armor is not attached correctly and the kneecap does wrap around the calf a little more than what this one photos shows.

Helmet does not look as bad as I was expecting. At least from the front. It could use a couple tweaks but might be salvageable for trooping.

Biceps look okay.

Forearms... might need replacing. Can't tell to much in this photo.

Nice thing about the thigh armor is that it has contours to it's shape. It's not just a stove pipe.

I think the ribbed shoulder straps are too high on the neck line, but that might be corrected with a simple repositioning, if it's riveted on.

Over all I've seen worse for more money.

My biggest question now is how thick is this plastic? .093 gauge like what we have all gotten used to, or a thin .060?

I was able to find this shot from CJ on rebelscum

rubies_supreme_CJ.jpg

Check it out, he's doing "The Robot."

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me as I was saying the same thing you were that until you see this POS in person you have no idea how bad it is. The helmet is NOT salvageable. The undercut is non existent...the whole underside of teh helmet is open. The lenses cant be replaced as it appears the helmet was cast in clear and the only thing not painted was the lenses. The helmet is GROSSLY inacurcate in all aspects. The belt is molded seperately but riveted on. The ab armor is a muddled mess. The FX armor is vastly superior to this POS...believe me...this thing is horrible and would need a new lid, new ab/kidney plate, shoulder bells. Chest, back, forarms, biceps cod and shins could be salvaged....

I noticed that too. That aspect would definitely need to be replaced if someone wanted a more accurate costume.

The diamond kneecap looks to be a little short on the sides too, or possibly the calf armor is not attached correctly and the kneecap does wrap around the calf a little more than what this one photos shows.

Helmet does not look as bad as I was expecting. At least from the front. It could use a couple tweaks but might be salvageable for trooping.

Biceps look okay.

Forearms... might need replacing. Can't tell to much in this photo.

Nice thing about the thigh armor is that it has contours to it's shape. It's not just a stove pipe.

I think the ribbed shoulder straps are too high on the neck line, but that might be corrected with a simple repositioning, if it's riveted on.

Over all I've seen worse for more money.

My biggest question now is how thick is this plastic? .093 gauge like what we have all gotten used to, or a thin .060?

This sucks big time, no one in their right mind would think about trooping in this, surely, let alone sticking it on a mannequin, and why did lucasfilm clear this? The mind boggles

I belive this actually will hurt the 501st and the Lucas Arts intrest.

There is a reason 501st have an high standard and people pay this amount of money for a prop.

If they are making anything they should put the minimum level at an Armor FX.. no less.

One of the 501st guys got to touch the Rubies SDCC Promo Stormtrooper Costume and he says the plastic is " ... way too thick compared to other suits (AP), which makes the details look fatter than they should be."

Thicker plastic is not a bad thing. The thickness of plastic was a big concern of mine because that one aspect signifies how far a costume company is going to go to cut costs to turn a profit. I am sure we all agree that Rubies is in the business of making a profit and staying in business, first and foremost.

Who approved this costume needs to be fired. Someone must have been out taking a leak.

This will never be approved by the 501st. Thank GOD!!!!

I think the main problem with this suit is that they are promoting it as 'movie
accurate' and 'officially licenced' when really its just a very expensive 'fancy
dress costume'.
Any one with an ounce of sense who knows better will give this such a wide
birth its untrue, but people who don't know any different will say "WOW!!!" and stump up the money thinking they're getting something special.

I think the main problem with this suit is that they are promoting it as 'movie
accurate' and 'officially licenced' when really its just a very expensive 'fancy
dress costume'.
Any one with an ounce of sense who knows better will give this such a wide
birth its untrue, but people who don't know any different will say "WOW!!!" and stump up the money thinking they're getting something special.

Well, no need to join a forum or hit the back alleys of the internet looking for a suit now. I imagine it's going to sell well when it starts dropping in price like the Vader. Costume shops will have suits to rent now, one near my home always wanted good SW costumes but lived under the ever watchful eye. They got busted for having a "purple dinosaur" that didn't even LOOK like Barney! :confused Companies police costume suppliers, looking for infringing items. Perfect or not, that's now not a problem.

I advised them to go to ebay and grab a Vader or two last year, I will do the same about this getup to make their small business a few extra bucks.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back