Here's the latest update:

Keyrings and Keybox are done:

keys.jpg

Here's a shot of the box opened with the ZZ Top keychain inside:

keybox.jpg

Dusted the hats and jackets to give them that just getting off the trail look:

hat.jpg

jackets.jpg

I'll be posting more pix later on once we have everything on and ready to go!

Re: ZZ Top Costumes - New Pics 10-30-2010

OH MY GOD!! WIN for you!!!!!!!!!! This looks so authentic! Was a big fan of this video as a kid, can't wait to see the finished product!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Very excited to get everything put on and hit the streets of San Francisco tonight!

Here are a couple shots of the finished costumes!!

finished2.jpg

finished1.jpg

Fantastic job!! There is such a nice realism about this, especially the facial hair on Hill and Gibbons. I think you guys need to make a video of you performing now so we can see the spinning guitars!!

great job, i am sure those costimes were a hit at parties.

Many thanks everyone! We had a blast wearing these. We posed for hundreds of pictures and everyone chanted "ZZ! ZZ!" everywhere we went. We went to 3 parties and were a huge hit at every one. At the third party, the band pulled us up on stage as soon as they saw us in the crowd and then whipped into Sharp Dressed Man while we all air guitared along and everyone screamed "ZZ!" It was a hell of a fun time all the way around!

Incidentally, we won one costume contest and came in second in the other two. :thumbsup It was a lot of work to pull it all off, but it was the best Halloween I've probably ever had!

I can't wait to see what we come up with next year! :lol

PS- we got mistaken for The Blues Brothers on 4 different occasions. 2 days later and it still makes me :lol

Hi, Guys! Really a perfect job! I'm sorry for the stupid question, but… are those beards real, or did you buy them? I'm looking for a realistic ZZ Top beard on the web, but I can't find a nice looking one. Where did you find them?

Thanks!

Andrea

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back