Zero Point module

I came here looking for information, in this case about a ZPM prop, voicing my opinion AND NOT being called names.

And yet, over on the SciFiHero boards...

I've made a post on RPF (in the ZPM topic), which is going to create a lot of noise, I guess.
I just wanted to get the frustration out (like I've done here) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
I also believed in this project and hope that you change your mind about creating this.

EDIT: only an hour since my post there and your words are already true: I get a s*** load of crap over my head just for coming forth with my own opinion.

You posted here with the intention of provoking a response. Which you have done, and continue to do.

I think this thread has devolved to nothing but arguing about arguing. Maybe we should just sit back and see what happens with the run.

Lingarn

I think this thread has devolved to nothing but arguing about arguing. Maybe we should just sit back and see what happens with the run.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I am almost sorry I brought up the run over at SFH. This thread has been derailed from info about a cool prop to, to be blunt, butting heads over 'who is right and who is wrong'......:(

Dave

I'm going to quit this bouncing back and forth with this final post of mine regarding this subject.

@Lingarn: I've indeed posted that comment, I don't deny that. But I do deny that is with the intention to provoke anything.
It was a response to the claim that no-one would dare to post a comment at RPF (whether he is right or wrong on the subject on hand), because they would be "burned at the stake"
Unfortunally for me, true-er words have never been spoken
The "noise" I was referring to has come true: voicing your opinion that goes against the main flow of opinions creates "noise"
The "frustration" is the frustration of being treated like this

So basically regardless of how much evidence there is to the contrary, you just deny all of it to form your own opinion based on....what?
I don't deny anything; I'm considering everything
when you have no first hand knowledge of the events.
Again, Spike (until you get it :confused)
I CAN'T SPEAK OUT ABOUT WHAT MIGHT/MIGHT NOT HAPPEND IN THE PAST

I didn't mention that because it felt like you just tacked that on at the end without any real enthusiam behind it.
How convinienet for your case would that be :confused

But what happened to 'my right to voice my opinion' that you speak so prominantly about?
You have it, as do I

Furthermore, how do you know what I came in this thread for?
I don't know why; but on the otherhand neither did you know anything about my motives for coming here, yet you made claims about that based on my posts. :unsure

Like I've said, I'll quit all this, because everything that has been said, is being turned and twisted just to prove that one person is right and the other one is wrong.

I'll even go further: Mod's, please lock it, because it's getting out of hand indeed.
(this will no doubt be used against me)

Last edited:
I think the point that is being missed is that Phil has a history on starting runs and then getting in over his head and taking off. There is even more proof of this on his old eBay page. There are member here telling that this is true, they have even voiced their opinion. It may be me but it seems that a few of the posters here are more frustrated over the fact that they were not going to be able to have one of these props, that wether or not the person selling them is reliable. I have seen a lot of responses here and most of them focus on the right of a person to briong up a bad experiance or warn people about a seller. Forget about who is on here, forget about why they came here, forget about everything but the topic at hand, Is Phil a realiable seller?? If after all of the folks here have come forward with their Phil stories, people over on the SciFi board STILL want to give him money, than they deserve anything they get.

I also find it amusing that the people on threads like these that dont want the thread around are ALLWAYS the first to cry "lock this thread".

For the lighting, what about those battery powered Christmas tree lights they sell in craft stores? They're made to decorate those little desktop "office" trees.

Cheap, colorful, and simple. :)

-Sarge

I believe the originals used 2 or 3 luxion LEDs. For the sake of a complete glow and no shadowing from the LED's/batteries and to get an opaqueness to the inside, I think I'd look at some white EL sheet (tube rolled and then a round piece on the top and bottom).

On a side note, is there a clear resin that can be roto/slush cast and doesn't have to be vacuum or pressure cast?

Yeah, me too. I'd love see to what you come up with.

For those interested, Phil's posted a pic from his first run over at SciFiHero.NET:

IMG_0020.jpg

IMHO, I have had a few dealings with Phil over the past few years and, while he has on occasion been slow to get things shipped, I have been very happy with the few items he has produced once received. That being said, I am taking a wait and see approach with the hopes that his first run goes off without too much trouble.

I'd have to see this in person, and inspect the item before purchase, in order to have any dealing with Phil. The picture seems to have a decent quality product, but pictures can be deceiving.

Yea, the photo looks great, I pulled from the run, hope it works out, i'd love to snag one up, just wanna make sure it's legit, too many facts on thsi thread to point the wrong way

I just got my 2 ZPM's in. Here's pic's of 1 of them.
DSC01126.jpg

I'll start cleaning them up Tuesday night so I can try to paint them by the end of the week.

The castings came already cleaned up some by sanding so that's why it's mostly opaque. As with any 'clear' resin that's cast thick it does have a slight yellow tint. I'll have to get the lid to bottom surfaces flat and then go up to 800 or 1000 grit paper and paint.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back