Zero Point module

Why is there always a White Knight in threads like this?

"But...but...this time it'll be different, I just know it!!"

Sometimes I fear that the collective voice of reason is carried on a frequency that only a chosen few can hear.

The idealist in me says that it is because people really can change. Sure, they make mistakes, but if people can't learn and grow, then why go on living?

The cynic in me says that it is for the same reason that people buy from recasters -- desire to own something overcomes reason or ethics.

Personally, I hope that the run goes well. But I will not be in it.

Lingarn

Why is there always a White Knight in threads like this?
"But...but...this time it'll be different, I just know it!!"

This has nothing to do with being a White Knight.
I guess we'll have to wait and see if he comes true with the run.

Sorry, I've seen his work in person, and it's ****. You'd have been ripped off at $65 for it.
Again, we'll have to wait and see.
I just hope that IF the run goes on and IF the quality is better, that you all are so honest to admit it that people can change
If it should be the other way around, I'm willing to admit that I was wrong :cool

ps: If you should have read the topic on ScifiHero, you would know that he's buying equipment to increase the quality (vacu-chamber, presssurepot). So I guess he must be aware of the fact that the quality must increase.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've seen his work in person, and it's ****. You'd have been ripped off at $65 for it.

His work, as in this specific sculpt? Do tell, how does it suck? :)

(Just to be clear, this is the same Phil Freeman as PhilPropMan/"Phaserang holsters for sell," right?)

(Just to be clear, this is the same Phil Freeman as PhilPropMan/"Phaserang holsters for sell," right?)[/QUOTE]

I am not ure of the phaserrang holster but he is the one nicknamed "PropmanPhil".

Yes, same Phil Freeman. I bought a Goa'uld Hand Device from him. It came in such bad shoddy work that I immediately asked for a refund. The finger caps were like they were made for a 5 year old and couldn't possibly fit on any person's fingers. They were resin and badly formed as well, not well rounded. The band he supposedly worked forever to make wasn't even properly shaped. It was just a lousy kit all around. I wouldn't buy another thing from him.

Some Bobby Hill-lookin' ass monkey on SciFiHero said-

http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=35948&page=3

Read the post by "stormleader" Quote: "Matt Munson and I basically scammed him into refunding some money to a member here he had ripped off in a trade by posing as Hollywood prop-makers that wanted to hire him, lol. We posted the fun here for all to see- It was quite amusing to see him get his comeuppance."

Thats why I hate them. PS the so called member in the post above is peter lukas.

Oh and if you read this stormy? How is jhyphen, Vaderguy, mr.predicta, Sarge, and Razmeister? Oh that's right they are banned from the RPF. Yet these are all friends of mr.munson and you. And If memory serves they all assisted in the...How did you put it? Oh yeah comeuppance via scam.

I got banned? :confused

Dang, I hope I don't get in trouble for this...

:D

-Sarge

Last edited:
Welcome back Phil!

I must confess, outing and ousting you was the single most fun chapter in my entire tenure on the RPF. Always fun to scam a scammer. Really happy to see that you learned absolutely nothing from the experience, and have managed to demonize those who caught you red handed trying to rip people off. Nothing like a little self-deception to keep the ole' motor running, eh?

Glad to see you're maintaining your high standards of prop making, and ethical excellence. Looks like you've maybe taken an online corresspondence course in circular reasoning too, which is paying off big time. Awesome indeed.

Anyhow, keep up the great work, and keep on truckin'.

@MattMunson: I hope you are not refering to me.:confused

Just to make things clear to everyone: I'm not Phil - neither am I a sock puppet for him
my real name is Dimitri and I'm from Belgium and I didn't want to hurt/insult anyone with my posts but just wanted to voice my own opinion about the ongoing topic :unsure :unsure

If anyone has taken offense of what I've posted before: my apologies

Just to make things clear to everyone: I'm not Phil - neither am I a sock puppet for him.

Yet you are supporting a known scammer. Don't kid yourself, it's not like anyone here cares enough to organise an entire conspiracy whose only goal is to tell a bunch of lies about this one guy. I'm sure it's real easy for you to sit back and make claims about this persons character, having never been ripped off by him yourself. Regardless of how much smoke you try and blow about the RPF or other scammers, the simple fact is your whining because you wanted the prop this guy was going to make, and are upset because he got outed for being a scam artist and then tried to make a martyr out of himself to save face. He said he's continuing the run anyway, so why are you even here anymore?

Spike, yes I want the prop and if it's not from him, it will be from somebody else (or I'll make it myself - just won't sell it here :sick in that case) :angry
But that is something I can decide for myself without being lectured by other people :angry
I'm not whining around because he had the intentions of cancelling the run.
No prop is worth that much to me.
I wouldn't let my sleep over it if he should cancel it again.
I had intrest in other props (from other people) before and let them go because I noticed that it could save me alot of trouble.

Most likely this is the reason why you dislike him:
the simple fact is your whining because you wanted the prop this guy was going to make, and are upset because he got outed for being a scam artist
It' your full right to dislike him, just don't work out YOUR anger on other people :angry

I will NEVER WILLINGLY support a scammer/recaster. :angry :angry
Let me make up my own mind if this guy is a scam artist.
If he is, then to bad for me. :unsure
I won't start whining about it if the scam should become true.

I'm going to quote myself: "I'm just tired of reading the same old story over and over again in so many posts on so many props.
And that story is whinning around: hey, that looks like the prop I've created; hey I haven't got mine yet after xx days; ...

If you have been scammed: It's your right (no; your duty) to stand up for yourself and let people know !!!
If you have been recasted: It's your right (no; your duty) to stand up for yourself and let people know !!!

Neither of these practices that I approve, both scamming and recasting make me sick :sick :sick
Why? because it's always somebody who has lost money (either directly or indirectly)
But do it in an proper way: let it know to Mod's; let it know on forums but also let other people make up their own mind about it

But don't burn people at a stake because they voice their own opninion
I thought most of us live in countries where you can voice your own opinion. (about most things anyway :rolleyes) without be targeted.

I'm going to quote my own post again:
I just hope that IF the run goes on and IF the quality is better, that you all are so honest to admit it that people can change
If it should be the other way around, I'm willing to admit that I was wrong :cool

I hope you read that last sentence very good: I'm adult enough to admit if I was wrong. Are you? :confused

There's an expression in my country: Sometimes you first have to hit a brick wall with you head to become awake (free translation of the expression)
Maybe I must first hit this guy's wall, to become awake.
But leave that to me

I really love people like you who play the 'freedom of speech' card, because its a double edged sword. You want me to accept your right to voice your opinion, however you want to deny me my right to call you an idiot. Am I man enough to admit that I am wrong? Of course, I don't say things without the full intent of standing behind my statements be they right or horribly wrong. However, while I can call you on your current statements here and now, we wont know if I am right or wrong untill he either A) rips you off or B) follows through on the run. History shows us that he as scammed before, and will likely scam again, however its possible that he has become totally legit. Or maybe because of the fact his identity got outed, he will actaully finish the run just to smite the RPF!

However, the reason you anger me is because you we're trying to play the people who ousted this guy as the ones at fault. I simply cannot follow your logic as to why you would not want these people voicing thier opinion about this scammer. Now, on that note let me pose a question; if you have no problem with people outing this guy, and totally support thier 'right' to oust this scammer, why did you come into this thread in the first place? It seems like all you came here to do was spout your nonsense about the RPF being a den for scammers and 'not in good standing with prop collectors'.

However, the reason you anger me is because you we're trying to play the people who ousted this guy as the ones at fault.
I never did that and you know it :angry
I've stated clearly at the end my first posts in this topic that

I CAN'T SPEAK OUT ABOUT WHAT MIGHT/MIGHT NOT HAPPEND IN THE PAST

This also includes that I don't point fingers on previous topics/deals
And I stand by these words. All I can write comments about is this topic.

I simply cannot follow your logic as to why you would not want these people voicing thier opinion about this scammer.
They can voice their opinion, as can I and everybody else on this forum
But I also respect other people's opinion, but clearly not everyone respects mine

why did you come into this thread in the first place?
I came here looking for information, in this case about a ZPM prop, voicing my opinion AND NOT being called names.
You on the other hand have no intrest in this prop; you just want to insult everybody who doesn't agree with you

It seems like all you came here to do was spout your nonsense about the RPF being a den for scammers and 'not in good standing with prop collectors'. ?
Again, my first post also said that there are also legidimate people over here with high quality stuff.I've bought props and prop-replica's here and I'm very happy with them.
Unfortunaly, it's also true that the RPF gets mentioned sometimes (and I stress: sometimes) in a negative way.
But I guess no forum is free of that.

Let me ask you a question: When you came on th RPF, did you find the bannend members topic immediatly? :confused
I didn't; I've been surfing these boards almost 2 years before I considered to join it as a member and even after that I only found the link because it was posted in this topic.
To me information about scammers/recasters is as valuable as other prop-information, but that doesn't mean that I always have to agree about the fact that somebody is labeled in that way. (and I'm talking generally here, not just about the person in question here)

Last edited:
To me information about scammers/recasters is as valuable as other prop-information, but that doesn't mean that I always have to agree about the fact that somebody is labeled in that way. (and I'm talking generally here, not just about the person in question here)

So basically regardless of how much evidence there is to the contrary, you just deny all of it to form your own opinion based on....what? Your talking about challenging someone's opinion whose actaully be involved with the situation, when you have no first hand knowledge of the events. Yea, ok, I guess that misguided logic is 'your opinion' and you have a right to it, I also have a right to say that it annoys me.

Again, my first post also said that there are also legidimate people over here with high quality stuff.I've bought props and prop-replica's here and I'm very happy with them.

I didn't mention that because it felt like you just tacked that on at the end without any real enthusiam behind it.

I came here looking for information, in this case about a ZPM prop, voicing my opinion AND NOT being called names.
You on the other hand have no intrest in this prop; you just want to insult everybody who doesn't agree with you

They can voice their opinion, as can I and everybody else on this forum

But what happened to 'my right to voice my opinion' that you speak so prominantly about? Furthermore, how do you know what I came in this thread for? Just because I haven't brought it up dosen't mean I wasen't interested in the prop, otherwise I wouldn't bother to look at the thread.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back