Zabana´s Iron Man WIP - BOOTS FINISHED - Page 13 (NEW LEG PAGE 14)

Thankfully, Pepakura Designer 3 has a free demo, so you won't get to save or export any PDO files, but you can still scale and edit them to your liking.

Zabana said:
There will not be nothing as a tutorial, but time ago I said I needed an arduino and a VrRobot (voice module) just plug them together and do the code XD

I did a search for the VRBot but the SparkFun site that used to sell it retired it, so now they sell it as the EasyVR Module on several other sites. It's about $50 though. :eek Looks like I'll have to pull in some extra cash just so I can get that. XD My other question is, did you have to increase your helmet size so you could fit all your electronics in it? Cuz this looks like a lot of hardware for such a tiny space. :confused

Thankfully, Pepakura Designer 3 has a free demo, so you won't get to save or export any PDO files, but you can still scale and edit them to your liking.

I did a search for the VRBot but the SparkFun site that used to sell it retired it, so now they sell it as the EasyVR Module on several other sites. It's about $50 though. :eek Looks like I'll have to pull in some extra cash just so I can get that. XD My other question is, did you have to increase your helmet size so you could fit all your electronics in it? Cuz this looks like a lot of hardware for such a tiny space. :confused
The electronics was placed outside :p

hey man nice build! awesome! thanks for sharing the hinge, I've been trying to figure that out myself, thank God I saw your thread! anyway one question though, where did you place the servo? is it in the helmet? and where did you put the switch? do you still need a reciever of some sort? I'm a newbie to this, I really wanna make an impression in making my build an awesome one. TIA

hey man nice build! awesome! thanks for sharing the hinge, I've been trying to figure that out myself, thank God I saw your thread! anyway one question though, where did you place the servo? is it in the helmet? and where did you put the switch? do you still need a reciever of some sort? I'm a newbie to this, I really wanna make an impression in making my build an awesome one. TIA

I placed my servos outside the helmet because my helmet was too tiny, the new one will have them inside. And yes you need something to activate the servo controll, so a switch or button is needed ;)

It depends, some people harden it with fiberglass plus resin, but I do prefer polyurethane resin inside, is faster and doesn´t smell at all ;)

After it is hard you´ll need to apply bondo on the outside to smooth it :thumbsup

Zabana, a resina de poliuretano é usada da mesma maneira que a resina comum? Aplicando junto da fibra de vidro?
E o que é bondo? Aqui no Brasil não encontrei nada com esse nome. Bondo é a marca? Qual o nome do produto?

Muito obrigado

Zabana, the polyurethane resin is used in the same way the resin common? Applying with fiberglass?
And what is bondo? Here in Brazil have not found anything with that name. Bondo is the brand? What is the name of the product?

thank you very much

Yes , bondo is a brand, here in Spain I buy what car repairman use to fix the steel of a car when it has a bump. Also polyurethane resin is more dificult to use with clothe because it dries faster that normal resin

Look for the hero tutorials for example , there is a lot of tutos in youtube ;)

Zabana, a resina de poliuretano é usada da mesma maneira que a resina comum? Aplicando junto da fibra de vidro?
E o que é bondo? Aqui no Brasil não encontrei nada com esse nome. Bondo é a marca? Qual o nome do produto?

Muito obrigado

Zabana, the polyurethane resin is used in the same way the resin common? Applying with fiberglass?
And what is bondo? Here in Brazil have not found anything with that name. Bondo is the brand? What is the name of the product?

thank you very much

Re: Zabana´s Iron Man WIP (NEW Helmet V4 page 12!!!) Gloves finished

Believe me this V4 worth its work ;)

I know because I had build every pep file I´d posted here ^^

Reason to do the helmet again in only one part is beause when I build the v3 I badly discover that to weld the 3 parts together properly was imposible so I had 3 perfect pieces that didn´t macht together, so best choice is to build in only one and split after when it´s hard.

I´ll wait for your pics :thumbsup

Hi Zabana,

I follow your posts for a long time, and assemble my ironman helmet for a while using V3.

to solve this problem and be sure that the three parts fit exactly did the following:

1) assemble the three pieces.
2) reinforce the inside with something more than cardboard
3) join the three pieces and keep them together with adhesive tape
4) applying a thin layer of resin to harden around the outside
5) then work each separately

you can see it at

Casco Ironman - Modelos de Papel

, sorry all in Spanish but there are plenty of photos

Rogelio

Hi Zabana,

I follow your posts for a long time, and assemble my ironman helmet for a while using V3.

to solve this problem and be sure that the three parts fit exactly did the following:

1) assemble the three pieces.
2) reinforce the inside with something more than cardboard
3) join the three pieces and keep them together with adhesive tape
4) applying a thin layer of resin to harden around the outside
5) then work each separately

you can see it at

Casco Ironman - Modelos de Papel

, sorry all in Spanish but there are plenty of photos

Rogelio

Don´t mind about the spanish ´cause I´m from Spain XD

That helmet is Sharkhead´s isn´t? Anyway I uploaded time ago my V4 helmet, is the most accurate but it doesn´t have details such the eyes or the dents in the sides.

It´s a good job done ;)

Don´t mind about the spanish ´cause I´m from Spain XD

That helmet is Sharkhead´s isn´t? Anyway I uploaded time ago my V4 helmet, is the most accurate but it doesn´t have details such the eyes or the dents in the sides.

It´s a good job done ;)

oh sorry, yes is the "Sharkmark VI - undolded by Dubean33" , (i like the details in the eyes)

i stopped the work lot time and resume recently, I'm sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding ... and preparing a test of the gloves.

some tips on how to adjust the size for gloves? or only make one adjust and make other?

oh sorry, yes is the "Sharkmark VI - undolded by Dubean33" , (i like the details in the eyes)

i stopped the work lot time and resume recently, I'm sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding ... and preparing a test of the gloves.

some tips on how to adjust the size for gloves? or only make one adjust and make other?

Yep, trial and error to adjust the scale :(

Those ones work, try to register in 4share, maybe then you can download it...

Also the left hand is the right hand inverted in pepakura ;)

Olá Zabana, sou brasileiro e estou começando a fazer um capacete do homem de ferro. Olhei todas as suas postagens, já vi tudo que você fez.
O que eu gostaria de saber é o processo de montagem, depois de montar o modelo com o papel, quais são as proximas etapas?
Usa fibra de vidro? Algum tipo de massa? O que vai por dentro e o que vai por fora?
Espero que você possa me ajudar com essas informações iniciais.
Muito obrigado Zabana.

Zabana Hello, I am Brazilian and I am starting to make an Iron Man helmet. I looked at all your posts, I've seen everything you've done.
What I wonder is the assembly process, after mounting the model with the role, what are the next steps?
Use fiberglass? Some kind of pasta? What goes inside and what goes out?
I hope you can help me with this initial information.
Thank Zabana.

Me metendo na conversa,

Edu, se eu fosse você iniciaria fazendo a build de FOAM (EVA). Para iniciantes é a melhor maneira de pegar prática e aprender as manhas e manias do negócio. Se vc for fazer somente o elmo do IM, vc tem que ver as dimensões da sua cabeça para ver a escala e escolher o pep file que for mais adequado a vc. É tentativa e erro e a gente erra muitas vezes antes de fazer tudo certinho.
Quanto ao material, vc também pode fazer de fibra de vidro após fazer a base de papel (pepakura). Primeiro uma camada externa de resina, depois por dentro resina + manta + resina até a espessura que vc quer para a rigidez do teu elmo. Depois vc acerta com o bondo que aqui no Brasil é a massa plástica tipo iberê, material pra fazer lanternagem de carros. Vai colocando devagar, e lixando até dar o formato correto. Dá um trabalhão mas vale a pena.
Conselho de amigo: Leia bastante o fórum antes de começar senão vc vai desistir rápido por falta de informação.
Abs e boa sorte!

Getting into the conversation,

Edu, if I were you I would start doing the build of FOAM (EVA). For starters is the best way to get practice and learn the tricks and quirks of the business. If you do only is the helmet of IM, you have to see the dimensions of your head to see the dimensions and choose the pep file that is most suitable for you. It is trial and error, and we misses many times before doing everything right.
As for the material, you can also fiberglass after making the paper base (Pepakura). A first outer layer of resin, after the inside resin + clothe+ blanket to the resin thickness as you want your to the rigidity of the helmet. After you hit the bondo that here in Brazil is the plastic mass Iberê type, material to make car body shop. Go slowly putting and sanding to give the correct format. Gives a lot of work but worth it.
Friendly advice: Read the forum well before you begin but you will give up quickly due to lack of information.
Abs and good luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back