Yet Another Han Solo in Carbonite WIP - Update 11/28/2012

Mate, if you don't mind me asking, can I use "Krylon fusion for plastic (silver color) spray can paint" over "Krylon primer for plastic spray can paint" for the rubber front panel? I am also working on the rubber front panel from darthchromer but I cannot find Rustomleum 2X black primer and Krylon Stainless steel in Singapore. Cheers!

I have had bad luck with the fusion line of paints. What you need to do is make sure you have an acrylic (water-based) paint. Also, make sure you clean your rubber casting VERY well with soap and water - this is to remove any residual mold-release agents. In my experience, it's also a good idea to let any cast-rubber medium de-gass for at least 30 days prior to painting.

Mate, thank you for the much appreciated advice. I managed to find the Krylon stainless steel finish spray paint in a can but still cannot find the Rustoleum primer. Cheers!

Mate, just to clarify, you used Krylon stainless steel finish over Rustoleum 2x black primer on the rubber front panel, is that right? Did you use anything else to achieve the glossy result on the rubber front panel? I thought I read from somewhere you used Tamiya glossy aluminum. Maybe I am mistaken from memory. Cheers!

I used the stainless steel on the box and aluminum for the rubber front. I then did a wash of black followed by a wash of gunmetal. I hit the high points on the front with silver rub'n'buff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, thank you so much for the clarifications. About the Rustoleum 2x black primer, I managed to find only the glossy type and hope that works. Cheers!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back