Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Luckily, in a hobby shop find a couple of years ago, I have some of that brick sheet. I'm expecting to use some for an x-wing build in the future too. I can share it with anyone who has a build thread started on the RPF - under those conditions. I don't want to run low on it just to have it sit in a closet.

That's a generous offer! From the brief reading I did to see what the brick sheet looked like, it seems like this has been out of production for many many years. So definitely hold your brick sheet close!

Big Dog is correct in that the main focus at this time is Red 2. It started as an overall but I felt that it was better to focus on a ship at a time as it would/could get confusing to try and do part maps for all versions at the same time.

I will do my best to keep the first post updated with the most current information. I have no plans to ever remove the photos and or information.

I am personally viewing this as a long term project in part ID and more so out of pocket cost for me to buy the kits needed to make the replica (some kits are rare and costly).

Today I received two 1/144 Airfix Apollo Saturn V kits. Both cost me only $91.20 total (shipped). I will post photos later. Just got home from work and I need to go eat.

Luckily, in a hobby shop find a couple of years ago, I have some of that brick sheet. I'm expecting to use some for an x-wing build in the future too. I can share it with anyone who has a build thread started on the RPF - under those conditions. I don't want to run low on it just to have it sit in a closet.

Hey Scott,
Wasn't that sheet vacuum formed ? If it was, it could be duplicated easily. Pour some Ultracal 30 plaster on the back, and vacuum form all you need. If it was injection molded, you could cast it in resin. Since it's rare as koolshade, I would definitely try to reproduce it. Just an idea ;)

iYicwCt.jpg

I'm thinking there is a shinano part above the harrows piece but based on my kit scan I can't tell how thick the piece is. So I didn't color it yet.

The Harrow assembly on the port side wing root of the Jammer as far as I know it.

EDIT: Added Kettenkrad. Thanks Julien!
EDIT: Added Hurricane. Thanks Dave!

Port-B-Harrow-Assembly-Small.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks! I edited previous post accordingly. Too bad there is no good kit scans of the Kettenkrad around. I found one but the site gave a virus warning so I didn't go there.
The uncolored strip between the Panzer III and Tiger I parts is from the KettenRad

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/Gort_99/Millennium_Falcon_IDs/Craig_plate.jpg

You guys may want to check this thread to understand the original larger casting that was cut in pieces and used on the Y :

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=104116&page=45
Hey, there is that small grey part next to the Harrow assembly, it's not present on the Neisen Jammer, hard to figure out from reference images. I'll try to look it up and call this group of parts done. All tips are welcome. :D

EDIT: Thanks Dave! Hard to keep up with many posts at a very short time with browser open. Updated this to the post #125.

Post #129.

Dave

Last edited:

This part is from Monogram Panzer IV.Thanks to Julien for mentioning that kit.

ywing part II 001.JPG

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, there is that small grey part in the Harrow assembly, it's not present on the Neisen Jammer. I'll try to look it up and call this group of parts done. All tips are welcome. :D

Post #129.

Dave

SIB_4542 (2).png

Thought this was a better side view. Thanks to Julien for the link to the Falcon thread and that image. Helped make a lot of things much clearer. Very cool to see the large castings they used for everywhere!

Last edited:

You'll find that it's the correct tank part, but the trumpeter kit didn't exist back in that time. The fujimi jagdpanther did though. I see an area on the bottom of the fuselage that uses the tool rack from the jagdpanther too. It's the same orange-isa color as that jagdpanther rear hatch. It's the correct kit, but probably can be substituted somewhat by the trumpeter kit. It's easier to find I'm sure.

View attachment 622672
View attachment 622674

Found this, its from the Trumpeter 1/76 Jagdpanther. Looks right but the unpainted parts I've seen are Yellow.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back