Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Thank you Hammer! Does anyone know if the part that he called out for the Saturn V changed tooling at any time? I know there are different versions of the kit and based on my scan the part looks a bit different in what I have. That part takes up tons of space! Nice find :)
piece1.jpg

I'm also wondering if on Tie Killer if this piece is modified with the Tamiya 1/12 M23 pieces or does it not even use the Saturn V Lunar Modual?

That part and the part on top of the cockpit look like amt wheels in build pics I've seen.

Great job on the parts maps!

The toothpaste tube cap next to R-2 looks like a German MG34/42 ammunition container. Possibly from the 1/15 Hummel?

Hummel_Part_possible.jpg

Also, the brick textures on the engine cans are probably Holgate and Reynolds brick sheet (HO/OO)

Brick_Sheet.jpg

This Y-Wing engine can detail is very different to the others (esp. Gold 5)

Cheers

I wonder if it was possible to gather all this information, and then some, to make comprehensive part maps for each bird. I love the fact that this thread exists but it would be fantastic if it could provide us with a conclusive map in the end, not another long, long thread from which images (and information) will disappear over time. I'll try something, I'll post it if it works.

Avanaut that is already the purpose of this thread (at least from my viewpoint). I (along with plenty others) have been posting part maps with updated pieces each time and that information is taken and updated in the first post of this entire thread. I also have a list of kits and am trying to also write down part numbers used so each detail can be known. And that's why the focus has mostly stayed on the Red Jammer so that we can identify one specific Y Wing before moving on to a different and equally unique one.

I missed the Red Jammer emphasis, no wonder I was a little lost here. We are after the very same thing. Perfect! Will check on the parts with that in mind.

Avanaut that is already the purpose of this thread (at least from my viewpoint). I (along with plenty others) have been posting part maps with updated pieces each time and that information is taken and updated in the first post of this entire thread. I also have a list of kits and am trying to also write down part numbers used so each detail can be known. And that's why the focus has mostly stayed on the Red Jammer so that we can identify one specific Y Wing before moving on to a different and equally unique one.

I wasn't aware that it was a Red Jammer focus either, more of a "if you find a part that was used" kinda thing. I think that should be the objective, it would save a lot of rehashing scans when someone is looking to build a Gold version this way you have a parts list covering the different version. The builder can decided what he/she wants from there.

Sure, of course people can post whatever they'd like but I only post parts maps for Red Jammer at the moment (besides the highly similar underside shots). For me personally it would be overwhelming to be coloring parts maps for multiple versions of these ships all at the same time so when someone posts or provides me with info of a ship that isn't the Red Jammer I tuck that info away for the moment. With such minute or large differences in certain parts of the ships, I would rather "complete" or have one largely finished before looking at a new Y and finding which parts do not overlap and need to be called out from there.

Fair enough, I see your point. I'm no expert by any means, but I think after Red Jammer the Golds have more parts but I don't believe they vary much in detailing. Hopefully someone can chime in who knows more.

I could tell it was some sort of brick sheeting, thanks for finding which one!

Last edited:

Fair enough, I see your point. I'm no expert by any means, but I think after Red Jammer the Golds have more parts but I don't believe they vary much in detailing. Hopefully someone can chime in who knows more.

The golds differ from each other surprisingly quite a lot, but the biggest difference is between them and the red. They all share the same base with a lot of common greeblies, if not most of them, but the "finishing layer" is different. That's why I suggested separate part maps for each not knowing this thread is aimed at Red Jammer primarily. It's really quite fascinating.

Luckily, in a hobby shop find a couple of years ago, I have some of that brick sheet. I'm expecting to use some for an x-wing build in the future too. I can share it with anyone who has a build thread started on the RPF - under those conditions. I don't want to run low on it just to have it sit in a closet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back