Y-Wing parts ID help

The Buffalo is the entire upper neck structure.

Sweet! Thanks Don and Jamie!

I actually bought the Buffalo in a shop for no reason other than the price and it paid off! Too bad I didn't catch those parts the times I looked through it. Now that I think about it, there may be a top neck part in this kit as well!

The Scammel is just a damn tricky part! LOL! It's interesting the choices them guys made sometimes.

As for the Phantom part, I was pretty proud of myself to ID that one on my own. Not a terribly difficult one unless you're relying only on kit scans to find it as there are hardly any I could find. I had to get technical on that part as to what era plane it looked. I had just let Julien know about earlier today.

Joe

Thanks again, Jamie! I'll have to take a good look at how it makes the entire upper neck half. I can see the slanted part for sure.

Julien, sorry to crowd your thread but here is some of my progress. Not much but it's a decent start.

first_y-wing_parts_zps17416d61.jpg

Joe

Attachments

• 3d_ywing_01.jpg
    3d_ywing_01.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 3d_ywing_02.jpg
    3d_ywing_02.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 201
You're welcome.
I didn't know about the buffalo either until certain reference was shared. Thank god some of the ILM guys took home a few... items!
They really helped nail the Y-wing.

Look at your pictures above... With the real kit parts used. Big clues! What kit manufacturers in the day used light blue plastic and Dark gray?

Hi Julien,not sure if you have found the highlighted blue part in post #50,
it looks like from Revell 'Everything is Go' to me,not sure..

Don

Which one Don ? The blue in the first pic of the post #50 ?
I dont have that kit and I cant find any scans of it. :( Thanks for the info Im going to continue to look for a scan of this kit !

The 3rd pic,but still not sure if it is the part.

I saw it while Im trying to ID parts from the Gold 3,pics below..

Theres 2 pieces of this

Any1 please correct me if Im wrong,thanks in advance:thumbsup

Don

Last edited:
Aurora Uss Saratoga they are the landing lights on the carrier. Also used on the ISD.

It would be nice if the MOM Y, was properly photographed!! Has much in common with the gold leader.

#7 is from the FW 189.

I saw it while Im trying to ID parts from the Gold 3,pics below..
[url]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/Talkierg/TheRPF/Untitled_zpsb298a708.png[/URL]
[url]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/Talkierg/TheRPF/Gold327_zps47d12c8d.jpg[/URL]

Theres 2 pieces of this
[url]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/Talkierg/TheRPF/Mercury_zpsac2005c7.png[/URL]

Any1 please correct me if Im wrong,thanks in advance:thumbsup

Don[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jamie:)I just cant recall what is the other kit that have the traffic light look part,cause theres two kit that have it in my memory so far,
the Saratoga:thumbsup

Don

Okay, Julien, this post #50 is starting to confuse me as well, lol! Don, I thought you were referring to the blue part below. I could have sworn that I saw a similar looking part like it in the Everything is Go scans I have. But they are pretty blurry!

y8.jpg

Jamie, thanks for the 189 info! Yet another part I have missed during my 8 hour Airfix scan session a couple of weeks ago! Someone at ILM had a f^cking aircraft gear fetish while building these things! LOL!

Joe

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back