Y-Wing parts ID help

Hello guys,

Could you help me with those parts ?

Thank you in advance !

ywingpartID1.jpg

ywingpartID2.jpg
Julien, just wondering about the blue circled section, I'm not sure if you need the middle bit, but it looks like a lazer guided bomb in the center of that area. Looks a small scale, maybe 1/72 or smaller 144th ?...am I seeing things ?

Cheers

Phil

I replied to your PM Mike :)

I need your help again guys !

ypartID1.jpg

ypartID3.jpg

Any chance you know some of those parts ?

Thank you in advance !
I think the green part is from the 1/48 bandai panther.
That orange part might be from the sealab. I'll have to dig it out when I get home

Last edited:
Hi Julien,

I also tried to find the green part for a long time because it was used on SC as well.
Unfortunately, the green part is not identified yet and is a mistery in the SS model world.

Actually, I'm not sure whether some people already IDed for it?
I just heard from another friend and finally, I decided to scratchbuilt it.

thanks Eric.

Thank you guys ! Argh Sealab ! lol

I dont think it's from the M8 Jay, or I'm not seing it the right way ?

Hi MonsieurTox, I've gathered a good number of parts for my Y-Wing and I can see that it has a lot of differences with the Y-Wing of the pictures you´ve posted, but still I recogniced the two parts in the picture, hope it helps:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
The green/blue part next to the centurion is a landing gear strut/wheelwell cover, but from what...who knows.

Green, maybe the Hasagawa Val Aiachi D3A1.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, the one true path to studio scale enlightenment starts and ends with Sealab!

Put another way: when in doubt, Sealab!

Each time I saw one, I dont bid on it thinking I dont need it.. Then it goes for a cheap price (that's all relative to the value of this kit though ! :lol).
I really need one after all lol I hate this kit !! Cant see anymore orange parts ! :lol

The green part is a wheel well cover for a 1/24 scale BF-109. I think it is the Airfix kit of either the E or G version of the aircraft.

The pin on the right hand edge is where the wheel hub was fixed. So on the Y-Wing the side that you see is the inside of the cover.

Hope that helps.

Love your builds. It gives us all inspiration.

Dave.

Hmm, Revell F84 has a landing gear very similar, they do the kit in 1/48, which size wise, sounds about right bro. Now i know my timeline may be off lol, im not that great on ANH donors....but its the closest gear ive seen so far.

lee

'Interestingly' ( I know thats a relative thing!) the Kettenkrad part that sits on the messerschmitt part was probably cast as a sub-assembly, because it appears as a repeated component on a death star module.

minifig

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back