X-Wing pilot flight / MOTORCYCLE Jacket

Okay, I think I'm with you. I think there is a couple of aspects of confusion on my part. In the first post, it looks like to op is using a sort of knife pleat. At least that is what it looks like to me. I'm weak on my terminology so I thought you were calling the sigle direction pleat style a box pleat. But it is obvious you know what a box pleat really is. I still can't tell if the op is using a knife pleat or a box pleat. Still a great piece of stitch work.

Reflective Vest and Badge finished

Used colored reflective tape on badge also...

REMINDER: not striving for screen accuracy. More for street visibility.

Decided not to use the standard rubber tubing inserts on vest because they would not stay in the vests while traveling at freeway speed.

Sorry, I can not figure out how to get all the photos to display in portrait mode.

Attachments

• badge1.JPG
    badge1.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Vest1.jpeg
    Vest1.jpeg
    938.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Vest2.jpeg
    Vest2.jpeg
    586.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Vest3.jpeg
    Vest3.jpeg
    970 KB · Views: 114
  • Vest4.jpeg
    Vest4.jpeg
    600 KB · Views: 106
Sorry, I can not figure out how to get all the photos to display in portrait mode.

When I saw your post last night with the pictures of the vest, although when you looked at the post, the photos were sideways. However when you clicked on the image, the images were positioned correctly. So you had it correct. There is some peculiar aspect of the forum that makes it happen, it is not you.

It is not just this forum but in all web pages. Each images is encoded the other way but with a tag that says that it should be rotated. That tag is not recognized when an image is in a web page, only when an image is viewed separately.

Last edited:
Mad skills on the jacket, looks great! The Empire X-wing jacket is well cool, with all the ribbing down the sleeves, looks much better than the SW suit. I'd love to make something like this but I need to learn how to machine first.

I have also considering making a jacket with ribbed puffy sleeves, but only to be inspired by Star Wars - one that would fit in the Star Wars universe but not to strive for likeness to any specific costume. In Ralph McQuarrie's concept art (also in Robot Chicken!) the ribs are white instead of orange and I like that look.

Very neat, SilentNumsy. So you're making the jacket look like a snowspeeder pilot jacket? That's a neat idea. It fits well with the biker jacket idea.

Though, technically, the flak vest should be on backwards, because in ESB, snowspeeder pilots had the X-wing pilot flak vest on backwards. I'm an ass, aren't I? Hehe. :p

But seriously, it's looking really good! Are you going to paint up a motorcycle helmet to go along with it?

Pg 150 Art of Empire looks like the jacket since it still has the puffy collar.

Anyway your sleeves look good. :thumbsup

I have a ski jacket I found several years ago that has most of the correct details that just needs the sleeves done and I was planning on doing the white with the pocket (you can never have to many pockets)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back