X-men: First Class costumes?

They do look similar

xmen-azazel.jpg

neo.jpg

Azazel's has bigger and less buttons but look real close

Azazel's jacket is called a Nehru Jacket, which was popular in the 60's and was originated by Jawaharlal Nehru, the former prime minister of India. It's a suit jacket, whereas the Neo coat is based on a Cassock, which is a religious robe worn by priests and other clerics.

They still sell suits with Nehru jackets, since they frequently come back in and out of fashion, so they should be easy to find for anyone that wanted to attempt an Azazel costume.

I have a Nehru coat custom tailored from Bahrain. Which is my only coat I wear on the rare occasion I want to look nice without a tie. ;)
Although I don't have that fancy red undercoat liner on the collar and cuffs and hankerchief. I wouldn't mind another one like this Azazel's.

Last edited:
Is there any information about the red jacket Magneto is wearing at the end? :confused
It looks similar to a cloth/wool sport jacket but it's hard to tell from the photos. I don't see any buttons so it may use a zipper.

Made a separate thread for this one, but maybe it should go in here if folks think its better to consolidate... I hadn't seen anyone address the street clothes outfits much yet.
Sorry for not going full-bore proper with a shave and hair slicked...need the extra hair for a con coming up.

magnetolc2.jpg

magnetolc3.jpg

magnetolc1.jpg

magnetolc4.jpg

Dont know about u guys, but i found this on Ebay X-Men: First Class Team Uniform Cosplay Costume set | eBay

Personally, i think i wanna request more pics for the pants from this maker. Just need to replace the cheap buckles and straps for actual ones. What do u guys think?

Great find!! Prototype stage of their repro for sure. :lol
The details on the trousers look fine, it's the sizing of the costume on the model that looks wonky as hell. The top portion goes down way too far, and I thought the suit was a specialized one piece test flight suit made with woven Kevlar? The harness rig is too loose, like they were afraid to make it too tight. The two pressure valves on the front are missing as well.
It also looks like the elbow and knee padding seems to look more like vinyl than leather. Any chance of asking what materials he uses?

Communicated with the seller and they has a fat model. But measurements can be given to customize ur side. Yeah i noticed the same thing about this ebay uniform as well, coz it is a two piece. Materials are stated on that Ebay link. I will get back with more information. Language barrier >.<

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back