X-men: First Class costumes?

I'm a bit too lazy to do the pin stitching for version 1 ;), but I'm sure that will look amazing! :cool

I did happen across an XMFC screen cap site: My Files

The uniforms appear primarily at the end of the film, so I recommend downloading the "d" and "e" zip files.

I will be using denim, but I'll be using it as a stabilizer under the lighter weight fabrics I'll be using. For the yellow kevlar I've opted to use the back side of a raincoat fabric that is woven, but in a smaller weave than the kevlar. For the navy, I found a seersucker at my local fabric shop that I think is reminiscent enough in the way of texture to do the job. I know it won't be exact, but it's good enough for now. Maybe I'll be brave enough to try Lycanthropica's pin stitching another time ;)

XMFC-fabrics-used.JPG

Using the Kwiksew 3389 pattern as a starting point, I made a mockup in the size I need, and then drew all of the piping seams onto that. From there I've ripped the mockup apart and cut along the piping seam lines to get my pattern pieces. Next comes the big step - cutting out the fabric! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Got all of the fabric cut out over the weekend and have begun assembling the various pieces into the larger elements.

Sleeves
XMFC-sleeves.JPG

Chest pieces to be stitched together with piping inserted
XMFC-chest.JPG

Chest pieces with sleeves
XMFC-chest-sleeves.JPG

Getting some more piping ready and then I'll be stitching the upper body pieces together.

Last edited:
Hi!
First, i'm sorry for my english, you know-i'm french... :$
I'm proud to present my first homemade costume. For our first Mickey not so scary hallowwen party at WDW, we decided to make Magneto and Mystique first class costume.
So, after research and research and research... i've found this post, it helps us, so thank you.
This is my first experience in sewing.
View attachment MK_PARTLEFT_7493843898.jpeg

View attachment MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_7493871075.jpeg
My husband made his helmet and all the metal pieces.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back