Wonder Woman

Nitpick: When she's stepping from the trenches and blocks that bullet in slomo, I would rather she kept her eyes forward as she blocks. She'd look more purposeful.

New trailer :
It still looks beautiful, more than any previous DC attempt. Hopefully it's will be good or even great, not only so the DCEU can finally rise from its mediocracy, but because the first outing of Wonder Woman, and arguably the first major female superhero on the big screen deserves a good movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer looks really good, but I wonder about some of what we've been hearing from behind the scenes and how much of a mess it is (like the rest of DCU).

Yeah, but those are the ONLY films that I really thoroughly enjoyed lately. Man of Steel was okay, but BvS was dreadful, and Suicide Squad was an utter mess narratively.

DC on the silver screen is no Marvel that's for sure.
I wonder what Nolan could have done with WW?

Or for that matter if George Miller hadn't had Justice League yanked from him.

Eh. I have no problem with Patty Jenkins. I think she's a solid choice. Unfortunately, WB's DC film division just can't seem to just shut up and let their directors work.

he'd put her in an all out killing spree with amazons chopping heads off, cause they think that's cool these days.

according to midnights edge, this film is also in a deep mess, although their sources seem to think it's savable.

color me not having faith in dc finding the right movie.

really becoming as inept as sony at this point.

Just found out they moved the release date in my country from May 31st to June 21st. I'm pissed enough that I'm considering writing an open letter accusing the theatres of sexism for not believing in a woman led movie enough to let her have a prime time release. That should get enough feminist riled up to perhaps make things go back to the May release. It's either that or I have to pay 200$ for a train ticket for the UK just to see it. My dear French neighbours apparently do not even propose films in original version. I don't even understand how you can watch dubbed movies, it's straight up horrible.

Just found out they moved the release date in my country from May 31st to June 21st. I'm pissed enough that I'm considering writing an open letter accusing the theatres of sexism for not believing in a woman led movie enough to let her have a prime time release. That should get enough feminist riled up to perhaps make things go back to the May release. It's either that or I have to pay 200$ for a train ticket for the UK just to see it. My dear French neighbours apparently do not even propose films in original version. I don't even understand how you can watch dubbed movies, it's straight up horrible.

Jeez that sucks man. I feel for ya! I could see like a week but three weeks is a big shift.

Was there a reason given for the change?! That makes absolutely no sense for them to shift the date out of the blue like that.

Also, the final trailer dropped today:

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks good, but after so many let downs I just can't take a DCU trailer at face value, but I am hoping this one breaks the mold.
I know how you feel and I have been trying to moderate my expectations with past DC performance in mind (I skipped both BvS and SS in theaters and didn't bother to watch them at all until their respectI've extended cuts were available for streaming). However, it has been difficult because even the weakest trailer for WW looks better than the best trailers for either SS or BvS.

Also, it's a given that I will see this at least once in theaters because I accept that it is a given that if it doesn't do well, people will blame the fact that it has a female lead rather than any inherent weakness in the movie's writing, direction, or casting, or the fact that the promotions for this film have been nearly non-existent. From that, there is a possibility of others saying "see?! We told you female heroes wouldn'tattract viewers! Now sit down and shut up and accept what we choose to give you."

sigh....this is a bit of a rant. it isn't meant to offend, but probably will so stop reading now :). this is a warning :).

of course, if the reverse where true that it sucked, people wouldn't be allowed to say it sucked because it was a 'female lead movie' either because the 'stakes are so high'. and you'll have people championing it just because a woman was in the lead.

it never seems to be enough. just enjoy the fact that a wonder woman movie is finally coming out. writing letters to theaters claiming 'sexism' is just going to get the letter laughed at and thrown into the trash. probably by both men AND women.

I personally will be skipping this one. just like i skipped suicide squad and justice league. We already had a decent wonder woman movie, the animated one that came out in 2009 or so. it would be nice if there where more. but unless it's batman, dc doesn't have any hope of getting any of it's characters right in movie form. so, i won't be giving them my money anymore unless it's on rental or reboot.

I have said it before and I will say it again. This movie will be a hit and it will be good for one reason. They are just redoing Captain America the First Avenger. I really hope I am wrong and it is a good movie on its own. I really like Gal Godot and as a fellow Jew I really want her to do well. But the heads at DC have got to take their heads out of their butts.

it never seems to be enough. just enjoy the fact that a wonder woman movie is finally coming out. writing letters to theaters claiming 'sexism' is just going to get the letter laughed at and thrown into the trash. probably by both men AND women.

Mate, I work in the movie business, I'm very well aware of how things work on the production side of things as well as on set. I know a letter wouldn't do anything, but the letter is not the point, the point is to attract enough attention to put the distributor of the movie here in the spotlight, in the off chance that they did move the movie because it was a female led movie and they had no faith in it, which is absurd as it would rack so much more money than a local production or even a "big" french movie. It's most likely due to something completely unrelated, probably a disagreement on the repartition of the BO money if I had to guess, but like I said, in the off chance... He who doesn't try, doesn't get anything as they say in french (roughly translated).
And the latest trailer looks good. No Ares reveal, childhood of Diana, I'm very much looking forward to this movie. And unless it miraculously comes back early June, I will take a ******** train to go see it elsewhere. Ain't no point in working like crazy if I can't once in a while indulge in that kind of things !

thank you for replying calmly ;o). I was half expecting half a dozen heated responses by now ;o).

but one can understand after the last year, how i can groan at any mention of a womans movie being some big 'event' or 'women's last stand in Hollywood' or any other such over reactionary responses i see online these days, i very easily tune them out. and writing a letter to a theater claiming sexism set the red flags off heh.

another good reason of it being delayed : How well did BvS or Suicide squad do in your area?

Maybe they did even 'worse' then here, and the company is just wary of what it might think is another DC flop or disaster waiting in the wings? or maybe there is another marvel movie coming out they didn't want it conflicting with?

could be any number a reason :).

Final Trailer was brilliant. I can't quite explain why but I got so much more hyped during this trailer than I thought I would, especially towards the end. I think it was seeing young Diana throughout, knowing that we will get the full effect of the youngster to hero arc, similar to Man of Steel. Clark's young scenes with Martha were brilliant. I think these with Hippolyta will be awesome too. Deep cuts.

I'm buying into the "Classic" cinema experience that Patty Jenkins has stated she wants to make. This seems most evident in the little clip of the alley fight, where the score in the background is an adventure type accompaniment to the action, which seemed to be fairly light hearted with a bit of danger. Indiana Jones style etc.

Glad they havent shown anything (almost) of Ares. Interested to see how it all plays out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back