Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

This is cool.
we can develop this kind of leather.
But, I didn't get what coat is it? is this from any moive or tv show?
If you can do this jacket, consider me in for one....I rather like the work you do and would be interested in sending you cash even though I'm not entirely in love with the look in the movie....You guys rock.

I'm in. (And the Beverly Hills Cop one too!)

Oh! Also just ordered the RRL black henley, since I love Henley shirts anyway, and could use another....This looked good....Will report once it arrives (Sunday)

If you can do this jacket, consider me in for one....I rather like the work you do and would be interested in sending you cash even though I'm not entirely in love with the look in the movie....You guys rock.

I'm in. (And the Beverly Hills Cop one too!)
I'm working on Beverly Hills Cop, as well going to start this car coat.

Oh! Also just ordered the RRL black henley, since I love Henley shirts anyway, and could use another....This looked good....Will report once it arrives (Sunday)
Did you end up getting the “faded black” or the more charcoal? It looked more grey than black to my eye, but the scene is dark and filters can always affect how it looks on screen

You can see the henley on a person here
rrl-black-three-button-henley.jpg

It’s pretty gray they just call it “faded black”

I think the button spacing may just be down to size, the slightly lighter trim on the left of the buttons, position of the first button and collar shape are so close I think it has to be this one.

To make up for my “gatekeeping” ;D I think I found the shirt worn with this outfit. Like the jacket and likely Henley (I still feel like the one that’s been found isn’t 100% correct since his buttons seem to go lower than that one). But I think the shirt is also an RRL, the “Matlock” model which comes/came in different colors, I think the correct color is out of stock and no longer made. If you find one, I recommend the brand. Maybe not $2200 for a jacket recommend, but their shirts are good quality and look nice.

Attachments

• IMG_6822.png
    IMG_6822.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6820.jpeg
    IMG_6820.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6827.jpeg
    IMG_6827.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 38
You can see the henley on a person here
View attachment 1813749
It’s pretty gray they just call it “faded black”

I think the button spacing may just be down to size, the slightly lighter trim on the left of the buttons, position of the first button and collar shape are so close I think it has to be this one.
My page didn’t refresh in time to show your post, I think you’re right. Looks like Wolvie stopped at a RRL boutique in this one.

I'm working on Beverly Hills Cop, as well going to start this car coat.
Yay! I'd love to see those two! Thanks mate!

Also, I suspect the RRL jacket is a touch off, the front slant pockets don't seem to be on the trailer version, although all the other details do match, and while checking through RRL in Japan, I found this one, which I think matches a touch closer to the overall look in the trailer....

No slant pockets but the rest all very similar....I can't see the pockets on the trailer version, but if they're flat patch? Then I suspect this is it....

(限定コレクション)レザー カーコート

I don’t think that Japanese link is working, it goes to the first brown coat that got posted. The slant pockets do seem to be there but since the whole coat seems undersized on Hugh Jackman I think the pockets get sort of hidden while he action poses

IMG_4288.jpeg

Even on this model photo which is sized better you can see the pockets tend to get hidden under the arms. Add in Jackman sized biceps and dark lighting and they’d be easy to miss.

57c82b20-3f08-4cb6-8358-14b82d10eccc.jpg

Seems when adding to my post the picture is much darker than when viewed on my screen. Try viewing it and then turning up the brightness on whatever you’re looking at it on

Did you end up getting the “faded black” or the more charcoal? It looked more grey than black to my eye, but the scene is dark and filters can always affect how it looks on screen
The "black" but on the site here it does look very grey to me too...I'm expecting it to be more grey than black! Also ordered the shirt, so once that arrives I'll throw it up too in combination

I don’t think that Japanese link is working, it goes to the first brown coat that got posted. The slant pockets do seem to be there but since the whole coat seems undersized on Hugh Jackman I think the pockets get sort of hidden while he action poses

View attachment 1813819

Even on this model photo which is sized better you can see the pockets tend to get hidden under the arms. Add in Jackman sized biceps and dark lighting and they’d be easy to miss.

View attachment 1813823
Seems when adding to my post the picture is much darker than when viewed on my screen. Try viewing it and then turning up the brightness on whatever you’re looking at it on
I had the problem from this side that when I clicked the link, it would send me to the Japanese website, where that coat doesn't have a page, so nothing showed at all.....It's a different coat, but the link seems to assume you want to see it in the country where you are and tries to find the same thing, failing clearly....Let me see if I can post a pic...

I genuinely can't see ANY pockets on the slant position, the ones above the main (lower) pockets....They don't seem to be there at all....Which is why I think this one seems to fit so well..Hold on, will take a pic here..

Last edited:
Yes that one does seem not to have them, it’s possible there was an indigo version without them but I haven’t found any listings or photos of it.

So assuming it’s Double Ralph Lauren all the way down, I’m guessing these are the jeans
IMG_4290.png
IMG_4289.png

IMG_4291.jpeg

Although unless we get a clear shot of the stitching on the back pockets it’s likely we’ll never know. Short of a costume auction that reveals the brand. I’m just hoping they’re not the very expensive suede jeans RRL has for sale haha

There’s plenty of nice boots in their store too in case it really was a one stop shop situation but that bar table and chair block whatever shoes are being worn from view

Yes that one does seem not to have them, it’s possible there was an indigo version without them but I haven’t found any listings or photos of it.

So assuming it’s Double Ralph Lauren all the way down, I’m guessing these are the jeans
View attachment 1813826View attachment 1813827
View attachment 1813828
Although unless we get a clear shot of the stitching on the back pockets it’s likely we’ll never know. Short of a costume auction that reveals the brand. I’m just hoping they’re not the very expensive suede jeans RRL has for sale haha

There’s plenty of nice boots in their store too in case it really was a one stop shop situation but that bar table and chair block whatever shoes are being worn from view
Yeah, it does look like RRL jumped on the chance to supply everything....I don't hate the look, but it IS boring AF for Wolverine....And all the same maker feels....I dunno....Lazy? Like they just shrugged and went "meh, who cares"? Still...I'll be getting a few of these at least...I like that Henley, and the shirt mixes well with it......The jacket IS nice, but boring and at that price? I don't really want a boring jacket, buuuuuut, I might....LOL

I feel like the strikes affected things, most likely they said get all the costumes and preproduction ready as quick as possible or we won’t be able to shoot anything before the sag-aftra strike. They were probably already struggling to film anything with the writers strike starting at the same time filming did

Since we literally only have this small glimpse at the costume, that’s why I haven’t jumped on any of the RRL jackets or replicas (and partially why I didn’t want to mislead anyone and initially post the jacket before). That’s a LOT of money to spend only to not be sure if it’s correct or not. There’s no shots showcasing if the pockets match or not, we may have to wait for more trailers of the actual movie. Not enough evidence to positively ID it! I initially thought it was the brown one then leaned towards the indigo. I’m holding off until there’s more reference materials for the jacket. And I’m especially not going to buy those RRL pants until that’s 100% confirmed lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back