Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Haven’t read through this thread but there’s obviously a lot of love here for the Origins jacket. Still my favorite too. I picked up one from a RPF run some time ago, not sure if he is still doing them? Took a few attempts to land on the correct size, but we got there in the end. From what I can tell it’s one of the most accurate out there. Nice leather too!

IMG_5160.jpeg
IMG_5167.jpeg
IMG_5164.jpeg
IMG_5168.jpeg
IMG_5169.jpeg
IMG_5174.jpeg

The makers are very possibly Excellent Leather of Pakistan...They're great listeners and able to create very, very close patterns easily too...I suspect an order to them would still get the same design jacket as this? (If they DID actually help make this run)

I helped out on that jacket to get the specs right. Not sure who he used though for manufacturing. Still love mine as it's a light weight compared to the LC/Vansons I own. Only thing they missed on mine somehow was the stitching on the chest from the neck to the shoulder. No big deal though.

Here's mine. This was the 2nd one as the first one sent to me went awry size wise, was a deep red and was too short. They got me a nice orange/yellow on the 2nd try and nailed the fit. Leather had really nice beat up quality to it which I've further enhanced through wearing religiously for a while. I get tons of compliments on this jacket. Way more than the clean Vanson/Logan's Closet.

Attachments

• WolverineFront.jpg
    WolverineFront.jpg
    14.9 MB · Views: 86
  • WolverineBackSmall.jpg
    WolverineBackSmall.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 80
Could anyone with a Vanson or replica of the X-1 jacket help me out and post a picture of the underarm where those two little metal air vents are? Ideally with the underside of the sleeve facing up so I can see the construction

I’m working with a vendor to make a jacket inspired by the design (basically a cafe racer without the arm stripes or lower body stripes) and there’s no clear photos of that area.

The fun thing is this seller offers horsehide and does custom designs so I’ll take the bullet of them doing this design for the first time and then others here could likely purchase an accurate horsehide X-1 jacket fairly easily. Magnoli and Jameel do fantastic work but I believe both of them don’t offer horsehide at the moment

Should also note I know someone who ordered a brown peacoat made out of the horsehide they offer and it is beautiful and heavyweight

Hey all!

Question about claws that I'm hoping someone can answer. I know that Mike with DarkMatterProps has had issues with sourcing materials for his claws in recent years, but I still remember them being the best in the biz when it comes to cosplay a few years back.

Does anyone have recommendations for claws in the market nowadays, or alternatively any DMP sets they'd be willing to part with? Specifically looking for the "Logan/DOFP" style.

Wanted to post an update with a huge thanks to DarthWaffles now that I’ve received finished photos from Fivestar Leather
front.jpegback.jpegside back.jpegunder arm.jpeg
All the details were faithfully reproduced in the oxblood leather I wanted, I was aiming for a Wolverine inspired jacket as opposed to a recolored replica so I didn’t include the contrast stripes.

This design should be added to their site soon, as I mentioned though a friend of mine ordered a peacoat in brown horsehide which is what turned me onto them in the first place. Having seen and handled it in person it is beautiful and has that old school leather heft to it.

Here is that peacoat pictured on their site

If you click “how to order a custom jacket” under the description you can see all of their horsehide options. The peacoat pictured is the mid brown with pre-distressing done by Fivestar Leather.
Whichever brown you pick for the main body I think their Visky is a great match to the stripes on the Vanson.

If someone goes through with it and orders a horsehide wolverine jacket please post pictures i’m very excited to see it. Shawn and the entire team at Fivestar have excellent customer service, emailing them with the pictures of my red jacket and any picture of the Vanson showing the stripes should be enough to get them started on a replica.

For those who might be interested, I just commisioned Magnoli to make me a shirt based off the Propstore pics of the X1 flannel shirt worn by Logan in the bar scenes... Unfortunately, there's not usually enough interest to get Magnoli to make a brand new flannel weave, but a print of the fabric, on top of his custom cotton shirt looks to all intents and purposes, just as good to my eyes, so that's what I went with.. Printed on cotton knit, the end result should be rather good looking....

I know a few of us came close with Travis's red check fabric a few years back, but since the new pictures, it seems silly to ignore them when we can copy the shirt well enough to make a replica for a reasonable price now...

Anyway, the commision is in, so might be available as a print on Magnoli's site after a short time too....Will let you all know as it progresses of course.....

I’d be interested in that, is Magnoli printing on both sides of the fabric like the days of future past shirt or just on one side? The shirt in the first movie doesn’t really show it’s reverse side so it’s not as big of a deal but I’d always prefer double sided printing

I’d be interested in that, is Magnoli printing on both sides of the fabric like the days of future past shirt or just on one side? The shirt in the first movie doesn’t really show it’s reverse side so it’s not as big of a deal but I’d always prefer double sided printing
Single sided this time...Sadly the DoFP shirt didn't sell as well as we'd hoped, so this time he's doing a smaller project....No one on board means we don't get the options... ;)
But as you said, I'm fine with that, it's not seen in the film, so not a huge issue as long as the fabric looks decently flannel like...

This reads to me as a lot closer to the balance of green and red in the pattern, the yellow we can make a touch thinner too, to blend a little more, but this is very close... The purple(er) lines at the top and bottom too, can be brought up to match the red lines directly above them, and that'll read as more red/green too, which I think makes this spot on....

Last edited:
Haven’t read through this thread but there’s obviously a lot of love here for the Origins jacket. Still my favorite too. I picked up one from a RPF run some time ago, not sure if he is still doing them? Took a few attempts to land on the correct size, but we got there in the end. From what I can tell it’s one of the most accurate out there. Nice leather too!

View attachment 1756510View attachment 1756511View attachment 1756512View attachment 1756513View attachment 1756514View attachment 1756515
Hey,
I just saw this post.
Thank you for your post, you can get a new jacket on commission, although we had stopped production.

The makers are very possibly Excellent Leather of Pakistan...They're great listeners and able to create very, very close patterns easily too...I suspect an order to them would still get the same design jacket as this? (If they DID actually help make this run)
You are right, we made this jacket for BEP.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back