Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

That is the way it was done in the movie jacket so I am pleased to see it on this one too. I haven't worn a jacket with this kind of flap but I imagine that I will like it better than my other jackets where the flap is attached on both sides. If you zip them up then the flap bunches up and bothers me. I usually leave them unzipped cause I don't like the bunching.

That's what you call an aussie flap if I remember Dan telling me right. I have the same on my Vanson XO. The thing is annoying to me because it always brushes up against something and comes unzipped easily, a feature on this jacket that should always be zipped up in my opinion.

My X1 Vanson is attached on both sides and like Nick I keep mine unzipped about halfway to show some colour. And also because I find it more comfortable to have a little extra room in the forearms.

@Solider I noticed from the pics of the inside of the jacket, it looks like you have a medium. Do you mind me asking how tall you are? I'm 6'2", so I have a hard time finding jackets that fit length wise sometimes.
@wolfman10 The medium is
Chest - 46in/116cm
Shoulder - 19.5in/49cm
Sleeves - 26in/66cm
Length - 27in/70cm

I can zip it up and still move just fine without to much extra room at the waist. The chest is snug but still within reason. (Until I keep building my body up) But I hardly will ever zip it up cuz that's not how Wolverine rolls.

The jacket sells for $350 shipped anywhere. But for an extra $25 he will make any alterations to the size. You could add a little to the length and or sleeves if you desired. I almost added to the sleeves, but after measuring other jackets I had I decided not to. I'm glad I did the Medium fits great for me. If you add length the jacket will be $375 but don't forget to use the promo code " I know Solider" you will get a discount of $15.

Fit tips: I measured myself, then a few of the jackets I had that fit me really well. Also the jackets that did not fit anymore to get a good idea for what size to order or if I needed to make an alteration. I also had purchased a different jacket from a different web site that did not fit. the shoulders were to short and I could not bend my arms forward. That jacket had a 46.5cm shoulder length.

@Solider Thanks for the tips, I'll probably get a seamstress to take my measurements for the jacket. From what I can tell I'm some where in between a medium and a large. I was considering getting a X1 from Logan's Closet, but it's a little too expensive for me right now, so I think I'll go with the Wolverine Jacket's origin one. It looks like a excellent jacket for the price and I love the Origins design! Thanks for the picture of the sleeves unzipped and since that is screen accurate it's awesome. I have one more question is the highlight on the lower back and the waist about the same as the screen used one? Thank you for your help Solider!

Last edited:
Like the back side of this one.
wolverineoriginsbackang.jpg

IMG_0158.JPG

I noticed that the jacket Soldier had and the one on the website had a little longer torso and did not have this dip on the back side so I asked about it and they said they would be glad to make this part of the jacket to screen accuracy. So they can do it like that but he said most people have preferred the more standard look on their jackets.

Once I get some money saved up I am planning on ordering one of their jackets and asking for the screen accurate torso length and hem with the dip in the back.

That's cool that they can make the jacket with a more screen accurate length, because the one on the website is a little too long. My biggest concern with the jacket is the stripes and lower back highlight, it looks different than the movie jacket to me. Like with this photo:
tn_1200_400p--back--Wolverinejacket.com-WM.png.jpg

@Solider Thanks for the photo, it looks way better than the pic I posted from the website. I'm going to order one when I get my measurements taken, hopefully some time this upcoming week. I'm debating whether or not to request the dip in the back, it looks good both ways. I like the way your jacket fits length wise, the jacket used for photos on the website is too long in my opinion.

Hey guys, figured I'd post a 1 year review of my Heron X-1. Other than the small issues that I mentioned a few pages ago, I've gotta say the jacket has held up really well. I did a fair amount of distressing when I first bought the jacket, but over the last year it's distressed on it's own really well giving it IMO a really cool look.

I did decide to not bother repairing any of the problems I've had with it. I think instead I'm just going to buy a new jacket from their new design after the new year. With that in mind, I decided to have a little fun with this one and see just how much distressing and abuse I could put it through. In the last week I've worn the jacket every single day no matter what I was doing, going out for coffee, driving, working in the garage, outside with the dog, etc. I put it in the washer and left it for the full cycle, then put it in the dryer on the full cycle. And surprisingly it handled it all with no problems, if anything it fits better than it ever has. The end result is what you see in the pictures.

I'm still pleased with this jacket in spite of the problems I had with it, but I cant wait to finally get a jacket from Heron's new design!

looking goo I've got a heron x-1 and think its a great jacket for the money picked one up off ebay for $60. its good to see the jacket can take some abuse

looking goo I've got a heron x-1 and think its a great jacket for the money picked one up off ebay for $60. its good to see the jacket can take some abuse

If you get passed the minor faults, they're definitely a tough jacket for the price. Would love to see some pictures of yours. I try to post as many pics of mine as I can as it seems like out of all the Wolverine jackets, there aren't a lot of images out there of Heron's X-1. I remember before I bought mine I searched around and could barely find any pictures of a Heron X-1 that someone actually owned, so I really had no idea what I was getting until it was in my hands.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the status of their updated X-1? Such as what the price might be, and when it will be available? If it isn't already.

If you get passed the minor faults, they're definitely a tough jacket for the price. Would love to see some pictures of yours. I try to post as many pics of mine as I can as it seems like out of all the Wolverine jackets, there aren't a lot of images out there of Heron's X-1. I remember before I bought mine I searched around and could barely find any pictures of a Heron X-1 that someone actually owned, so I really had no idea what I was getting until it was in my hands.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the status of their updated X-1? Such as what the price might be, and when it will be available? If it isn't already.

Here's a couple of quick pics I took when it turned up will take some better ones soon

DEB6E8ED-7B07-4B09-8365-1D500E2A5EA7-1794-000000DE3A6F4DAA.jpg

F061DCEA-94EF-4C25-841F-8F9127BE302B-1794-000000DE4086E7B6.jpg

I upgraded it from a random ebay jacket and there is a huge upgrade in quality now looking to get all four jackets

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

Thoughts and comments on the jacket are always welcome and appreciated. On accuracy based from Bate's original X2 for the film back in '03, it has come to light that the brown suede actually sits below (as the base layer) the accent pieces on the side.

-Tony

Damn, bro, how much does the jacket cost? looks wicked

ok getting a little confused with all these jackets flying about the place lol

is this Heron on ebay? eBay My World - thebestjackets

also darkside501st was it wolverinejacket.com to spoke to about adding the "dip" to the back of the jacket

cheers for clearing this up, having a hard time picking where to get a jacket from

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back