Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I can speak for the Zimerlli tanks, they are not worth the money. They are great looking, but the functionality of them sucks. They are see-through and tear easily.

Also Soldier, I'd darken the stripes a tad bit. I'm damn amazed at the looks of that jacket for the price. Looks like we have something above the quality of a Wested now.

@ Soldier, ******* THAT'S A NICE JACKET! AND THAT TANK! Tell me, I have the brand of tanks used in the movie and they are really thin and stretchy, are these thick like a Hanes or Fruit of the Loom wifebeater? That's a great knockoff Zimerlli, I may have to get a few.

I had searched everywhere for a tank. I finally found that one. I first ordered a size L, found it just a little too loose. Then I ordered the size M, fit just right. They are very soft to the touch and super comfy. I didn't think they were too stretchy. I only have the white tank but I plan to order the grey and black one some day soon. They are the same thickness of a Hanse beater. love the way it looks.

IMG_1882.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. Yeah that striping pattern is the only thing that has got me right now. How noticeable is it?

I've been in contact with the the guy who runs Wolverine Jackets Home Page and he has a mock up of his jacket without the distressed look to the leather. The non distressed jacket is a thinner leather. Also a lot lighter.
Antique-Brown-Leather-Wolverine-Jacketps.jpg

But to answer your question the striped pattern is faint and it is the process the leather goes through when it gets the distressed look.

I think I still like the distressed look better. The thicker heavier leather.

IMG_1976.jpg

Last edited:
To anyone interested in one of these Jackets at Wolverine Jackets Home Page There is a discount code to use for $15.00 off of a jacket order. use "I know Solider" and you will get the $15.00 off your jacket.

If my plans hold I will be going to the Chicago comicon as, WOLVERINE lol. My decision to go was solely based on how well my Wolverine outfit turned out. This is not my first con but it will be the first one I dressed up at.

Does anyone know where to get a fake cigar I can have in my mouth for the con?

Uniqlo did a line of great tank tops recently....White as well...Small neck holes, so quite high on the chest (which I like) and tight around the arms too, which helps some with the bulky look...

I use those..The movie versions aren't made for a guy like me...A touch too thin and wide....I prefer slightly thicker tops and closer round the neck and arms too....

Solider...I'd use a real one..Just unlit..Or smoke/cut it down a touch and roll with that...A fake one would look pretty dodgy, and given the decency of the shirt, would maybe take away from some of that "real" look ya got going on there...

Just a thought..

Uniqlo did a line of great tank tops recently....White as well...Small neck holes, so quite high on the chest (which I like) and tight around the arms too, which helps some with the bulky look...

I use those..The movie versions aren't made for a guy like me...A touch too thin and wide....I prefer slightly thicker tops and closer round the neck and arms too....

Solider...I'd use a real one..Just unlit..Or smoke/cut it down a touch and roll with that...A fake one would look pretty dodgy, and given the decency of the shirt, would maybe take away from some of that "real" look ya got going on there...

Just a thought..
Would a real cigar breakdown after a bit if I had it in my mouth for some time?

I've tried both real and fake cigars and both break down from the saliva. I keep 2 or 3 on me in a ziplock and swap them out as they start getting too damp.

@Solider, That jacket is impressive and I have few questions about it. Fist, what does it look like when the zippers on the sleeves are unzipped? Also, I have seen the website and the videos for that jacket and it doesn't look as screen actuate to me as yours does. Is the jacket pictured on the website a prototype or something? On the wolverinejacket.com home page, the arm stripes look too small and the lower back detail looks a little off. It could just be me, but the pics you posted look better and more like the movie jacket, than the pics on the website. Anyway, awesome jacket!

Would a real cigar breakdown after a bit if I had it in my mouth for some time?

Not if it was a good one...No...It would depend how much you were chewing it...But just getting it wet won't change it much at all...If it's well rolled...What I'd suggest is getting a cigar with both ends tapered and cutting it into half...Then you get two and can carry one in case the one being used gets too loose to use...But no, I've not smoked a cigar that broke down at all over an hour or two (with the proviso that I don't chew the end and clip it only..If you left it uncut it'd be stronger for sure..)

You'll probably have it in your mouth longer though eh? I'd suggest two and swop them out after 2 hours or so....Or take one and only use it when the photos are being taken....

I should think....

@Solider, That jacket is impressive and I have few questions about it. Fist, what does it look like when the zippers on the sleeves are unzipped? Also, I have seen the website and the videos for that jacket and it doesn't look as screen actuate to me as yours does. Is the jacket pictured on the website a prototype or something? On the wolverinejacket.com home page, the arm stripes look too small and the lower back detail looks a little off. It could just be me, but the pics you posted look better and more like the movie jacket, than the pics on the website. Anyway, awesome jacket!
I will post some pics later in the evning today. I know the website has been around for years. I asked him a lot of questions on 5he leather he used and it comes dyed and destresses. The reason for using this leather is it it a thicker heavier leather. The thiner ones don't come across manly or screen accurate. I dont know if the jacket he is using is the same leather based on how long the jacket has been around. Overall I amy super happy with the way my jacket looks and feels on me.

@Solider Yeah, the jacket looks just like the movie jacket from what I can tell. I looked at the Wolverine Jackets website about a year ago, but I thought it didn't look exactly like the screen worn jacket. However, yours looks great, so maybe they improved the design or something. Thanks for the pics and the review. I noticed from the pics of the inside of the jacket, it looks like you have a medium. Do you mind me asking how tall you are? I'm 6'2", so I have a hard time finding jackets that fit length wise sometimes.

@wolfman10. I'm 5.11 3/4. Weight 185 ish. Chest 44 waist 36 shoulders 17, all in inches. My top half is proportional to my bottom half, equal length.

Unzipped all the way :D
cropped.jpg

That's what you call an aussie flap if I remember Dan telling me right. I have the same on my Vanson XO. The thing is annoying to me because it always brushes up against something and comes unzipped easily, a feature on this jacket that should always be zipped up in my opinion.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back