witchblade sara pezzini: completed pics page 3!!!!

Re: witchblade sara pezzini 1st timer

holy crap this i awesome. if you have to do a darkness costume as well with such high standards you two will look stunning. definatly watching this. post up pics of the darkness costume as well

Ok so confession time, having a weeks break in the middle was a bad idea should have finnished it before i went away, oops! Just seemed like id been doing it forever so i didnt spend as much time finnishing as i should but its half in plaster! Wooooooo, cookin on gas baby! Hoping against hope theres not too many bubbles, used the flicking plaster at it while runny and building it up as it went cheesy method, blew over the surface while runny and agitated it to try get the bubbles out but we will see :/ then layer of modroc and a loose weave hessian dipped in plaster for strength and smoothed over with the remaning plaster. Its a good job i had to be somewhere this evening because otherwise theres no way i could have avoided poking at it before it was ready! Started sculpting some smaller pieces to stick on my upper arm and drawn out my gun template so i think its ok keep forgetting the shoulder though, should start that this weekend

Started to slush! Note to self make double sure to block the whole seamline before pouring latex in, doh! Painted in three layers of latex while the mold was open, pigmented blackish just to disguise any damage to the eventual paintwork. Put a couple of strips of fabric down the length of it just to strengthen it up somewhat. Made a start on my gun as well tonight, its pretty basic so far just a shape roughed out in mdf, its kinda bulky but im ok with a more toonish gun, particularly travelling round london! Has anyone got advice on painting the latex? Id like to not spend a fortune on paints but im not sure what has staying power on a flexible surface..... Excuse my lack of make up i dont wear it to work, but as nobody has turned to stone or run away screaming yet i figure you can put up with it ;)

P.s as a first time being costmed at a convention has anyone got any tips? Im not an enormous fan of being photoed but it seems to come with the territory, i dont mind, being in costume kind of makes it alright but any hints on how to pose (do people expect posing?) would be appreciated! Also, actually getting there without freezing as im not sure i can get a jacket over all the bits that will be on my arm! Stylish cape perhaps or sneeky perperations in the bathroom?

No idea whatsoever on the costume stuff :(

However, that is an amazing gauntlet sculpt! You nailed the look perfectly!

For covering up a bit... wasn't there a comic or a scene in one where Sara was wearing a trenchcoat when she was witchblading it up? It's been years since I read it, so it might just be a magazine cover or something I am thinking of, but hey it'll keep you from freezing :)

Awesome work!
Chris

Keeping up momentum on this, work is about to go nuts so im taking advantage of the evenings while I can! Still layering latex in my gauntlet but my wig arrived today and I couldn’t resist trying it on with some of the arm pieces glued to my face, I definitely need to sculpt a specific one but it still looks pretty good! I hate really long hair, it freaks me out so this wig is like a nightmare, gonna cut it down a bit or the day will end in rage and fury. Best thing about it is the free rapper hat to wear under it which by itself is smokin.* Made a start on the shoulder piece as well, not used fomex before and after pissin about with it for a bit I decided to paint it and see what was going on (how little sanding I can get away with) and im pleasently surprised. Working out how its going to stay attached before going any futher, maybe I will need to do another so theres no point until I have the fixing method sorted. *Tada.

Keeping up momentum on this, work is about to go nuts so im taking advantage of the evenings while I can! Still layering latex in my gauntlet but my wig arrived today and I couldn’t resist trying it on with some of the arm pieces glued to my face, I definitely need to sculpt a specific one but it still looks pretty good! I hate really long hair, it freaks me out so this wig is like a nightmare, gonna cut it down a bit or the day will end in rage and fury. Best thing about it is the free rapper hat to wear under it which by itself is smokin.* Made a start on the shoulder piece as well, not used fomex before and after pissin about with it for a bit I decided to paint it and see what was going on (how little sanding I can get away with) and im pleasently surprised. Working out how its going to stay attached before going any futher, maybe I will need to do another so theres no point until I have the fixing method sorted. *Tada.

Looks AWESOME, really good work!! :thumbsup

The sculpt is absolutely beautiful!! And everything is coming together really well! Think you'll make a really gorgeous Sara too ;)

Can't wait to see this finished! On a side note, I'm starting on an Ian Nottingham outfit soon so I also have to make a gauntlet. Hoping mine turns out half as good as yours. XD

Hi Charlie, my advice for the convention is to try to create a persona (project confidence) when wearing your costume and pose whenever been photographed at the convention, both you and the person wanting the photo will feel a lot better about it and the end result (the picture) will be more in keeping with the comic character you portray. For me when I'm in a photo I put on a serious expression, stand tall, chest out shoulders back, stomach in, fists clenched and I tense up a bit. Any photos where I don't do that look awkward and uncomfortable and not worth keeping.

I'll be at the London comic con so we might have to have a witch blade/batman crossover photo.

Forum ~ Runboard

Its out!!!!! Im too damn Impatient, demoulded my latex today, bad idea the elbow to wrist section was fine but the hand is super thin, so i let it dry all day then did a slush of poly flex rubber, i was trying to do this build just with materials i paid for myself but desperate times call for making use of work supplies. Its ok as its all out of date and therefore unreliable! Worked like a charm, its a fairly ridgid rubber which gels in about 8 minutes and cures in about an hour so i just poured it in slushed it round and poured out the. Excess (not much as its a thick liquid) and held it up by a heater until it geled. Then hung it to cure. Its still flexible enough to comftably make a fist and get my hand in but it really feels like its added alot of durability, only thing is the polyflex soesnt stick to latex so im relying on the internal shape to hold it in place. So heres some crap pictures of me, enjoy my zebra pjs! needs a good trim and clean but the casting came out pretty good and its seriously flexible, its a bit baggy on the elbow perhaps adding some foam spikes to hide the join?

Re: witchblade sara pezzini: 1st test pics added!

Love the pants..... how does the Witchblade make you feel? Ready to kick some arse?!

Paint tests! Help needed on this, thinking more greeny but painting is not my strong point!

Wow. This continues to look amazing as it comes along.:popcorn

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back