WIP: Harry Potter Quidditch Broom

I am so glad to see this page. I really want a broom and might have to make one.

I have a question though. About what is the overall length of the broom?

Also, is it possible to do this without melding anything? I don't have access to such things.

its around 5 feet long total.

So far I havent welded anything either. Nor had to use a saw to cut/shape any wood. its a very simple project.

Some day when I have more space and a yard and an area I can use larger power tools I'll try my hand at some screen accurate ones. For now I just have to what I have access to and make my own brand of broom lol

Wolfie, that is SUCH a great idea to use an axe handle like that. My 5 yr old son has been HP crazy for a while and has been begging me for one of those plastic HP brooms from the costume shop. This was such a good Idea I couldn't pass it up!

and its soo cheap to do... totally worth it. I've spend a little more than I needed to really just because I loved the more expensive branches that I used, and I've bought stuff I didnt end up using, cause I played around it. So this is something that can be done totally for 50.00 . not too much more than those cheapy brooms. And I cant wait to hear how all the kids are jealous on halloween of your son's "real" broom lol

Been a while but I finally got up off my butt this past weekend and finished up my pads and worked on the foot rests. Here is what I came up with. Copper tube was about 12.00-20.00$ at Home Depot so I bought the shortest roll they had.

pipe bender, cutter, a good sanding and some rub aand buff and some leather strap and I came up with this:

DSC06147.jpg

sitting a little crooked in my computer chair but not bad considering I've never worked with pipe before lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back