WIP: 1/35 "Last Crusade" Mk VIII Tank

More done! Pretty dang happy with how this is turning out!

tankfront.jpg

tankbackcamo.jpg

tankbackbrace.jpg

A few more items need to come out of silicone, then the mid section is done.

More coming!!

Midsection castings all done and troubleshot. Lookin' good. I'm starting on the side walls, which won't take more than a day, as those were troubleshot with the first batch way back when.

if you look closely, you'll see on of the fun extra parts I promised to add, the periscope!!!

It took me two hours to build the little guy. I even added tailpipes to the rear end. Also present is the flag pole on the back!

The new tread piece is done too, and I'm hoping my math is correct for the linking.

tankmidsectioncollage2.jpg

tankmidsectioncollage1.jpg

Decals are done and approved. Since my Mac no longer supports Photoshop (the 10.5.8 OS blackhole) my younger brother(who is about to become a cameraman, so proud) knocked these out for me/us.

We were surprised to learn that the Arabic lettering on the tank actually reads " The Forces of the Republic of Hatay"

Though it's tough to read, our letters read that too. Thought you guys would get a kick out of that little detail.

Note that these images are zoomed cropped jpg's, and not representative of the final decal, which is printed from a 500 dpi PDF.

The tank decal will be printed on white decal paper, hence the surrounding Desert Yellow tone.

The flag, on regular thin paper.

11841-tank-decals.jpg

11842-tank-flags.jpg

Tiny flag!! (about a half inch actually)
11843-flagmounted.jpg

I've nearly completed the test build, and I'm freaking out how nice it looks. While my ultimate dream was to have linking tracks for the treads, the mold is just too small and the details too fine to cast without diving into a pressure casting setup, which i can't afford right now. Maybe one day. BUt for now, stay tuned for a nice looking completed build wiht a nice desert yellow coat of paint.

Is there an interest thread for this in the JunkYard? Forgive me if you've posted it earlier, but I would definitely be interested in getting one of these if the price is right.

Edit: Looks like I found it here.

Last edited:
yep, glad you found it, this kit is DEFINATLY for sale.

Here's a few new shots of the first test build, I only need to cast up two more pieces, and it's ready to go.

First pulls from the molds: I was really jazzed to get these in my hand at last. You can see this a a junk pull, but they came out so nice, I figured i'd just start building.

My first big change came when I tossed the resin attachpoints and handles, and just went with brass wire. It works out much easier, and also looks more to scale.

12768-tankfirstassembly3.jpg

I then was able to pull some more parts, as well as the large piece of the side. Nearly everything on this piece is cast in, minus things like the barrel, some of the stowage, and large duffel bag. Being tired of seeing all the junk from the first pull, I gave it a nice coat of desert yellow. The parts that will go out to buyers will be cast in a darker shade of this color.

12766-tankfistassmebly2.jpg

Here's a shot from the rear.

12770-tankfirstassembly1.jpg

I'm now looking forward to getting the last two large chunks cast, as well as the treads, which will be a multi peice assembly. This will be the best of both worlds; not alot to cast, and enough to give the tracks some stagger as they go around.

My next step, paint wise, will be to coat this in a dark brown, and then to go back over it in various yellows and get it looking nice and beat up.

Enjoy!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back