Tank Hull Spaceship

Reminds me a bit of the Connestoga II Starliner from the TTA
After publiusr's suggestion I looked up the Connestoga II to see what it looked like.
This is the result that popped up.

Conestoga_II.jpg

I'm not sure I am able to see the connection, though the wedge shaped vertical towers have some slight resemblance to the bridge section rotated 90 degrees.
However I do like this colour scheme.
This will then be the inspiration for the paint finish on the Tank hull spaceship.

This is why I like the RPF forum.
The cross fertilization of ideas.
Thanks publiusr for your comments and to everybody else that takes the trouble to put fingers to keyboard.
I find them extremely valuable.

I think that Publiusr was thinking of the ships in this picture, the Conestoga 1 and Conestoga 2. I can see your ship looking more like the Conestoga 1 but does have elements of the Conestoga 2.

424673803_896923372220887_7401199371897763239_n.jpg

Last edited:
I think that Pubishur was thinking of the ships in this picture, the Conestoga 1 and Conestoga 2. I can see your ship looking more like the Conestoga 1 but does have elements of the Conestoga 2.

View attachment 1809970
Ah yes I see it now, most definately. Thanks for the correction. I have no idea what the image is that I mistakenly found but it helped me come to a decision on the paint at least.

I think that Pubishur was thinking of the ships in this picture, the Conestoga 1 and Conestoga 2. I can see your ship looking more like the Conestoga 1 but does have elements of the Conestoga 2.

View attachment 1809970
That’s the one.
Call this physical model Conestoga III

The bluer one—I wonder if that may have inspired TMP’s Aztec…

Not the spaceplane—but wasn’t there a Starraker craft with an Egyptian eye on the prow?

Last edited:
The RPF intelligentsia will have to confirm but those are old school Dune illustrations....? Don't know the name of the artist.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back