What Does BowJunkie Owe You?

Still waiting on my rebuilt Sterling and plastic display case as well. I paid for it in Aug or Oct 2004.

I have been promised it in the next week.

I have been in touch with Steve via PM and have no doubt he will come through with his promises. I have been waiting patiently for almost a year and I have promised Steve to give a full report on the quality of my blaster when it is received.

-MM

wow, it amazes me how fast people who are NOT owed anything by Steve can jump in and cast stones....

I think this thread needs some cleaning out and needs to be for the people that are owed stuff. Yes, I am owed, but that is between Steve and I, and no one else

Dave

I don't think we should turn this into a Steve bashfest - things happen in the real world.

What would be nice would be some comment from Steve on how he plans on correcting all of this.

-Brandon

I think this thread needs some cleaning out and needs to be for the people that are owed stuff. Yes, I am owed, but that is between Steve and I, and no one else

Agreed. Todd created this thread to get a concrete list together of people owed items or refunds, and it would be great if everyone honored that.

I've gone through and removed posts from those not owed anything.

Lonnie
RPF Staff

Keep in mind that in addition to his email being bad (as someone stated), his PM inbox here is also full.

I don't know that any of us will see our product, but I hope it all gets sorted out.

Since I am moving to a new job, my shipping address is changing - I want to tell Steve that, but can't find him to tell him.

Todd

I sent Steve a blaster back in October of 2004 to be rebuilt and am still waiting. I have also recieved e-mails stating that mine was the next one out and it's almost done etc. etc......

I hope this thread gets some results,

CWR

Well, the witch hunt is on I see. That's OK, I understand. I give no quarter and ask none so I expect this.

First of all, let me say that I am truly sorry that it came to this. However, apologies will not repair the damage that those afflicted obviously feel and rightly so. The only thing that will make any kind of ammends is delivery of goods. Sorry, but at this point, I can't provide refunds through my paypal account. If you are absolutely insistent on a refund, it will have to come when I am better able to provide it and it will be by mail. I again ask that you not make claims against my paypal account at this time for a refund. If that is done, I am afraid that the money that will be used for shipping will be lost.

Yeah, I know the bashing will come from that last sentence. "you take money for goods you don't have" Not exactly. I have all of the materials to provide the goods, it is just a matter of getting them done.

For those irritated, pissed, whatever, with my slow response to emails, I understand and will give no excuses. It has been easier to avoid lately than to face up. But that has gotten me from being in hot water to boiling, I realize this.

You don't have to believe, try to understand or anything, but my state of mind has been not one of normalcy and not just my obligations here have suffered. It has been fealt by everyone involved in my life and it has not been pleasant.

Currently, I am trying to dig my way out of this hole. I finally realized that I could not do it on my own. So let me just say, that I am currently away from the shop daily until after noon. So I am only getting in about 5-6 hours of work per day. However, it is actually quality work and is better than what I have been doing before, which was neglectful and wrong.

I do not have any intentions of screwing anybody here. Believe what you will, let the bashing begin, whatever. I will deliver goods and be done with it. Those receiving can post when they get there items.

I also ask to be banned from here, but not until I deliver so that I may respond to any negative or untrue comments that may arise. (there have been a couple so far, not really lies, but leave outs if you will) I feel that any further posting by me here after my obligations are fufilled will only result in behind the scenes snickering, name calling, what have you. I am a big boy and can take all of that, but I don't have to.

It really doesn't matter. I know that I am screwed. I will last long enough to fufill my obligations here then be gone. If you all want to continue dragging my name through the mud, so be it. It matters to me now, but will be of little signifigance later as I won't be around to see it anyway.

Again, and I reiterate. I will not leave until these obligations are fufilled, no matter how long it takes.

Kurtyboy, as I have seen in some other posts about me, you continue to post little snyde remarks. If you want to continue that, so be it. If you want a refund, why not just ask for one? You have yet to do so. Only posting of the smart a$$ed comments that I have seen so far. If you feel so strongly that I won't come through with your parts then you should. You have to make that call yourself.

I will address others in private.

If you have more questions, please feel free to email me. I am in the process of answering those who have already. My email address is still good.

I will not be posting anymore here except to maybe update this post.

BTW - As for the amount of time some of you have given me. That really slapped me off of my chair. I never realized that some of you have been waiting so long and will do my best to rectify that.

I have no excuses for it either, other than marital problems, got seriously sick, got sick again only not physically and blah, blah, blah. With all of that, time flies.

Again, the no quarter statement applies. Don't want or expect sympathy or even understanding. I know you are all pissed. Nothing will change that except delivery and that probably won't even do, but at least we can close the book.

Steve,

I don't think the majority are pissed - read what's in the thread and you'll see people that support you and want to see your name continue to be a good one. As you're known here, you're given more slack than someone new or relatively unknown.

Bottom line, you're a good guy that got behind. No worries, it happens. My intention, after discussing it with others, was to simply have a thread that listed it all for you, to make it easier to fulfill your orders. All bashing will be removed as the mods find it.

Take care, and hope to hear from you soon.

Todd

I think it's the best reply I've ever seen from somebody in this situation.
No more false promises, or excuses (We all remember this one right? I'm sending it ALL in a big box shipment to the U.S. next monday).
I think the guy sounds like he's stepping up to the plate and saying exactly what I'd want to hear.
I, for one. really hope it all gets together for him....more off the board than on. Ya know?

Peace

Steve, I agree with Todd. I would hate to see you leave the board. I believe most people (though I can only speak for myself) understand that you've been going through some hard times and want the best for you. If you need time, you'll find plenty of people (including myself) that are willing to give it to you.

The only thing I can see people being upset about is newer orders being fulfilled before older ones.

If it would help, perhaps we could list people in one post in the order that you're working on. That way they could see as you completed projects and how much they may be waiting.

thanks.

Been waiting on a replacement Sterling case for quite some time now but I see that I am not as bad off as most so I can wait.

Also I hate to see you leave Steve. Once you get out from under all this I hope you feel diferently.

I'm not pissed off either, and I hope all works out well for you Steve.
Cancel my refund , I'll still have the blaster.

Thank you for your honesty - a rare thing these days, I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.

You're a gentleman.

Duncan

Steve,

I am not mad at you either. I just want to get one of your amazing blaster rebuilds. I am looking forward to the final result. I would appreciate if you could keep me informed though.

-CWR

Yeah, I think they major misstake here is the complete lack of updates. Maybe it would help if you just put together a mail list, letting everybody know how things are progresing once in a while. I've waited longer before but I've always gotten regular updates, makes all the difference in the world to me.

Steve.

Steve,

I still revel at the blaster you built for me. You are a gifted craftsman and I don't mind waiting for that spare part that's still outstanding (blaster scope rail). You replied to my irregular inquiries and that's all I needed. Sometimes the world throws you some unanticipated curves. Hang in, I can wait. The hobby needs guys with your skill around.

Listen...I deal with contractors working on my home, even the best of them miss deadlines; get behind, get swamped, etc. This isn't any different, and you haven't gone underground and I don't think you are going to compromise quality for speed. Take care.

Gary

Steve I just want to also say please don't leave. You are an extremely talented and knowledgeable prop maker and a nice guy. Ok you screwed up. now your fixing it and it will be over. I think many would agree this forum would be badly hurt by your loss.

this is none of my buisness, but from an outside POV,

this guy has had some problems, and if he was out to screw you guys on pourpose, he wouldnt be here.

so give him a break.

bashing someone and running their name in the mud isnt going to help.

i know from recent experience, women can screw up your train of thought, and make you physically ill.

i was just reminded of 250 dollars that i owed a friend that completely slipped my mind due to the relationship crap ive been going through.

id hate to imagine MARRITAL probs on top of bad health while having dozens of projects in the air.

put yourselves in his shoes.

plus good work in this hobby requires time, and ive seen some of his stuff. (its good)

yeah it sucks you guys have waited so long, but it sounds like he is working on it.

im a mod at a private SW forum, and i just dont like seeing people bashed like this. and a sympathetic guy thats had enough female problems to last 3 or 4 lifetimes. :(

so before the RPF staff comes here and tells you guys...

stop the bashing.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back