Walking Dead: King County Sheriff's Badge

I see black lettering and a black ring around the center seal.
In some lighting the center seal appears gold but in the really good pics you can definitely see the contrast between a silver center seal and the gold of the badge.

I see a silver seal with dark blue ring and black letters. But the ring may very well be black. Images are pretty inconclusive on the ring to really judge properly.

Last edited:
I'll do it tonight Eltee but the quality of the DVD isn't the greatest, it's kind of blurry and grainy and the badge doesn't get too many close-ups but I'll see what I can do.

Here's some screen caps of the badge- best ones I could find.

These caps along with the pics I posted above give us a pretty good sense of the colors I think.

S01E04_Rick_hat002.jpg

S01E01_Insignia004.jpg

Last edited:
The lack of contrast leads me to believe the center seal is gold. On 2 tone (gold/silver) badges the contrast is usually much more pronounced. Again, totally subjective.

To me in most of the pics the whole badge almost looks 2 tone. A silvery background and gold banners. May be the lighting or in may in fact be 2 tone.

I sure hope we can keep this project going. Hate to see a prop lost out of worry, wish I had the connections/talent/skill to make them for a run on the board here because I would.

Cool pics and thanks for pulling and posting them. Still, my old eyes see a gold center with a blue ring and maybe black lettering.

This pic really looks 2 tone to me. To me the center seal and background look silver and the banners that say KING COUNTY & SHERIFF look much more yellow/gold.

WD104_1445.jpg

The company that has the badge design where I got my 3rd sample has the badge with the panels forged into the star so a two-tone star/panels will not be possible. The first two prototypes which are only close, use applied seals. Using the most accurate badge means I cannot do the 2 tone panels/back star. I may go ahead and just do a two tone using a gold star and a silver seal. There is only minimal interest here so if I make some available, at this time I am looking at a badge the same as my 3rd sample, but using black lettering and a silver Georgia seal.

I'd have to get 10 people willing to pay $140.00 plus shipping to get the custom center seal and I don't see that happening. I usually use other mass production badge companies for my replica runs but there was only this small, local badge maker who had the right badge design, so the prices are higher and the production time longer.

I would also limit this run to people who are willing to agree to some legal conditions since these are contemporary looking badges.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back