v312's builds

Well here’s to the guy (or gal) who won that auction! This Stembridge is the only true SW film prop that was actually used by Solo in the OT in the world today that we know of. I think it sold for couple hundred grand or something. With the PS blaster selling for over million.. this prop definitely is more valuable than that one. The one Ripleys won wasn’t used and it sold for 500k. This Stembridge is crazy valuable and certainly belongs in a museum. I’d personally love to see one day. What a private collection that lucky individual must have!

Well here’s to the guy (or gal) who won that auction! This Stembridge is the only true SW film prop that was actually used by Solo in the OT in the world today that we know of. I think it sold for couple hundred grand or something. With the PS blaster selling for over million.. this prop definitely is more valuable than that one. The one Ripleys won wasn’t used and it sold for 500k. This Stembridge is crazy valuable and certainly belongs in a museum. I’d personally love to see one day. What a private collection that lucky individual must have!
Well, the 2 scope rings MGC in the archives is also 100% used in the movie. But I guess you mean from those that are out in the wild, I agree that the Stembridge is the most valuable of all of them.

I actually don't know who's the current owner of the Stembridge blaster and what else might be in his/her collection, but anyone who can spend that much on a single prop is a lucky person in my book regardless of what it is exactly :)

Yep and there’s also the Hoth in the Archives as well as probably even the GK but those along with the Endor will never be leaving. Actually they might all end up in that Lucas Museum as I believe he still retains ownership over all the OT props??

Thanks to dindjarin22 for reminding me about this stuff. I took these a while ago, but wasn't too happy how they turned out. It's actually much harder than I thought to match all the angles, light, etc. of the archive photos. It was fun, but I don't think I'll find the time to do a proper setup and match them more closely.

1714534732052.png

1714536273299.png

1714537158673.png

1714537899323.png

1714538499967.png

1714539167659.png

1714540164029.png

1714541215089.png

1714542496313.png

Last edited:
I know it sounds little bit creepy, but I've added another severed hand to my collection ... Trust me, I'm not one of those serial killers from the movies that collect body parts in jars as trophies ... I only have 2!

Still working on the glove, It's far from perfect match, but with little more work and weathering I hope it will be good enough:

1714700672277.png

1714700801332.png

I've recast the t-racks and most of the greeblies in resin to be able to weather them somewhat accurately. I think it is a quite good trade-off between having it too idealized with regular t-tracks, bubbles, d-ring, etc. and casting the entire saber.

I was not sure how many of the d-ring greeblies I'll waste until I manage to break one somewhat similar to the real prop, but my second try turned good enough:
1714701215074.png

1714701274430.png

This looks incredible! almost indistinguishable from the real thing, honestly. You have an eye for this.

one thing a lot of people get wrong too is the other bolt hole. I'm pretty sure they backed out the hex bolt and clay-ed in the edge to make a cylinder, and that its not a knurled screw. I could be wrong about this though?
img_1072-custom.jpeg
vlcsnap-2017-01-31-18h45m45s244.png
IMGP9059-vi.jpeg

img_1074-custom.jpeg

This looks incredible! almost indistinguishable from the real thing, honestly. You have an eye for this.

one thing a lot of people get wrong too is the other bolt hole. I'm pretty sure they backed out the hex bolt and clay-ed in the edge to make a cylinder, and that its not a knurled screw. I could be wrong about this though?
View attachment 1816606View attachment 1816611View attachment 1816607
View attachment 1816609
Well, credit goes to eethan for creating this very accurate kit, I've only put it together.

I don't think i've seen that greeblie from a good angle, but it looks knurled on this side:

1714798521624.png

although can't 100% rule out it is marks from filing if the greeblie was made separately and glued to the prop. There's similar knurling on some of the ESB stunt castings that looks like it was sculpted with a tool or just marks from filing.

On the other side it is even more tricky as it goes out of focus:
1714799166200.png

but certainly it looks even thinner

Last edited:
Oh ****! Good call on the first picture, I must have written that off as file marks... I use metal files on my resin casts a lot, but it is perpendicular.

I think the core/blade Leila hands to Roger was pulled from the Barbican so they must have only been able to grab one of the original bolts, since the temporary core is visible in the uppers in the cast
Supernatural GIF

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back