v312's builds

I think it is 100% sure thing that the base gun is the ANH hero for both the "Dagobah" style castings and the Merr-Sonns. The serial on the upper is a match, the c/c/u mark below it at the funny angle , the hump behind the bolt-stop. Merr-Sonns were made for ANH and looks like they were just blank guns, all the greeblies are added on top (except maybe the long greeblie between the tomtit antennas). Could be that the ESB ones were also just blank casings left from ANH and they added the greeblies for ESB, or took one casting, decorated it with greeblies and then made a mold from it.
I wonder why the triggers are looking so different on these two
1711772562815.png

I was able to replicate this difference to some extend on my builds, but that's just because I tried to match each individual build to the references, otherwise the triggers were going to look pretty much the same on all of them.

Is the goal of the multiple layers to reinforce it with the fiberglass and make it stronger compared to simply filling it with the resin in one go?
I'm thinking about the DL-44s in particular, because I can imagine for something bigger also the weight and cost of the material might be a factor.

If you're limited by resources, that might explain why there are fiberglass "hollow" stunt blasters. The fiberglass gives structure and you can have a really strong piece and it still be fairly thin. Honestly, the only reason I can think of why they went that route is due to a lack of time and resources.

Your builds are so exciting its got us talking about this!

Wanted to add, that blue picture, it looks like the "nuts" on the scope mount are casts of the ESB Hero mount nut. Really wish we can find that nut someday. Also, its shocking just how... lumpy and detail-less the other casts are. I have a screenshot or two showing how they literally sloppily glued the mounts on for some ESB stunts.. one second

I’m pretty sure that they casted the ANH Hero at least twice over. Once for the MS props and a 2nd time for these Stunts. For these stunts when I was recreating them it certainly looks like the spacers on the right behind the mounts themselves are the same spacers that where welded onto the hero prop itself. It’s certainly seems to line up. Also on these stunts if u look closely you can even see the mystery disk from the hero.

I forget where but I’ve seen a comparison and there are details in the wood handle grips that match the ANH hero. (Scope side) so… it’s quite possible the base gun is a mold from Bapty. Those are probably the original threaded/welded studs underneath the ESB bracket

Ya but honestly you can only make out the groves on the grips for the Dagobah version of this stunt. *The scope mount with the two screws in it. On the muppet blaster (clean mount) the scaring doesn’t appear to be there which is kind of strange.

I can only say the same for yours! In fact your thread DL-44 FDM c96 & MGC replicas was my main inspiration to start building some DL-44s

That’s kind of you to say. Ur replica recreations are certainly bar raising and very inspiring so kudos to you brother!

Here’s an overly of the hero and these two stunts as well. It’s not exact obviously as the pics are not taken identically but it gives one an idea anyhow of how they all line up..
F6DAE798-DC1B-4C99-B110-F40E2FE3B93F.jpeg

Hey I saw that ur selling some of ur blasters. Sorry to hear that you have to part with them but there was some gold to be found in ur Stembridge listing. The serial number is “64673”? And also the N/S on hammer stands for New safety? My own question with regards to that is the PS/RIA blaster has a serial number above 100000 and it doesn’t seem to have then S/N either. Do u happen have a link to the Stembridge auction itself? I posted here cause I didn’t want to mess with ur sale is all.

Hey I saw that ur selling some of ur blasters. Sorry to hear that you have to part with them but there was some gold to be found in ur Stembridge listing. The serial number is “64673”? And also the N/S on hammer stands for New safety? My own question with regards to that is the PS/RIA blaster has a serial number above 100000 and it doesn’t seem to have then S/N either. Do u happen have a link to the Stembridge auction itself? I posted here cause I didn’t want to mess with ur sale is all.
Is this the PS/RIA blaster? Because the serial on the hammer does not match the rest of the parts so it is unclear where it came from.
1712287960564.png

I got information about the safety mark by just googling around. DIdn't keep the link, but if you search for mauser 96 new safety or Neue Sicherung in german you'll eventually find it. As with everything on the internet, might be incorrect and as with everything so old and with unknown history - may not always match the expected official specs.

The Sembridge auction pdf should be still available somewhere on the originalprop.com site. Not too much information there, I've pasted the entire description in my Stembridge build post.

Is this the PS/RIA blaster? Because the serial on the hammer does not match the rest of the parts so it is unclear where it came from.
View attachment 1807165
I got information about the safety mark by just googling around. DIdn't keep the link, but if you search for mauser 96 new safety or Neue Sicherung in german you'll eventually find it. As with everything on the internet, might be incorrect and as with everything so old and with unknown history - may not always match the expected official specs.

The Sembridge auction pdf should be still available somewhere on the originalprop.com site. Not too much information there, I've pasted the entire description in my Stembridge build post.
Ya that’s the ps blaster. But who knows if it’s the actual original hammer. The serial number though does match on that blaster from the upper to lower to lock frame for what it’s worth.

Damn. Never noticed that before. Thought the hammer was clean! Great catch. I wonder if they tried to sand it off to make it match as it’s so faint..
IMG_0372.jpeg

Your builds are so exciting its got us talking about this!

Wanted to add, that blue picture, it looks like the "nuts" on the scope mount are casts of the ESB Hero mount nut. Really wish we can find that nut someday. Also, its shocking just how... lumpy and detail-less the other casts are. I have a screenshot or two showing how they literally sloppily glued the mounts on for some ESB stunts.. one second
I thought they were identified as Kaiser Fototechnik thumb nuts? They look very close to me anyhow!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407_103339_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240407_103339_Google.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
I thought they were identified as Kaiser Fototechnik thumb nuts? They look very close to me anyhow!
I got some and they’re a tad too big! Let alone they’re not nuts, they’re screws so there would be no need to have threading in the outside. But yeah, the “right size” is like decently too big. I swear they’re related tho

Found it. But are they saying this is the serial number?View attachment 1807765
It's a gun auction and gun collectors care for serial numbers and if they match on all parts. It's like a standard template and is used for all the lots in the auction. I suggest to browse through some other lots in the pdf - It's a fun read, stembridge guns were used in many famous movies. You'll see sometimes it explicitly says "serial #1324343" or #NVSN that stands for "no visible serial number". If there's mismatch or something else is stamped in addition - that's mentioned as well.

Last edited:
I actually did go through a lot of it but I just wasn’t sure how to interpret most of it. I appreciate the explanation. Totally makes sense as far as gun collectors go. When I was modeling my c96 I watched a lot of videos and the serial numbers matching was big one to look out for for collecting. For movie prop though I just didn’t think it would matter that much? Thanks again for taking the time and for ur own deep dive detective work!

I actually did go through a lot of it but I just wasn’t sure how to interpret most of it. I appreciate the explanation. Totally makes sense as far as gun collectors go. When I was modeling my c96 I watched a lot of videos and the serial numbers matching was big one to look out for for collecting. For movie prop though I just didn’t think it would matter that much? Thanks again for taking the time and for ur own deep dive detective work!
Yes, you are right. If it was a typical movie prop auction, I guess they might not even care to list the serial numbers and focus the description on where it was used in which movie, etc. This catalog is certainly prepared by someone who is into guns and not so much into movies .. it goes into details about the guns specifics such as blueing condition, etc. and the information about which movie/actor is just some brief note at the end of the description.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back