Uruk Hai sword

The blades did vary quite a bit from piece to piece, but most had a 90 degree end spike. That was one of the few times we did not have a prop to reference when we did the United version. We just picked one of the various versions we saw in the set and prop master photos, which turned out to be the wrong choice since the ones seen up close in TTT all had the 90 degree point. There was also no back grind on the spike.

Re: Uruk Hai sword - any screencaps for scratch build?

I really wish I'd seen these pics a bit sooner, they would have really helped with the uruk sword i built for a friend which is roughly the right size but missing the details of the original IMG_0275.JPGIMG_0277.JPGIMG_0278.JPG

Yep, the main thing I got from seeing the prop in the Weta cave wass the key word - 'rough'!

As long as there are no parallel marks that say 'angle grinder', pretty much anything goes. As the prop was made to look hand-made, there wouldn't be much in the way of hollow grinding to give the central ridge down the spine. Plus, every sword would be different.

Nukeproof - that sword looks great!

thanks! it was my first replica prop build and i had a lot of fun making and distressing it :D

if it helps anyone making there own i made mine by making my own paper mold by hand, resin cased it with a wooden pole inside (to save resin and make it a bit tougher) then sanded and painted it :) and the hammered effect down the blade i found by accident by using a dremel with a fine bullet shaped grinding bit and just rubbing it quickly over the surface to make it uneven and look worked :)
hope this helps anyone :D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back