Unproduced sword replicas-What would you collect?

I can't believe I am the only one to mention this, but the Sword/staff from the Rutger Hauer flick Blind Fury is something I have always wanted.

I would also like to see the katana like sword from training sequence of Conan, and some of the gladitorial weapons.

Or the Dars sword or the Jung leaders axe from Beastmaster.

And yeah, the sword from Sword and The Sorcerer would be wicked awesome.

Junksabers, Del Tin,made the original Wallace Sword for Braveheart, as well as all the other swords in the film.

I would definitely buy Excalibur from the movie of the same name if it ever became available as a licensed prop.

Right now, there are two choices of unlicensed swords but neither is a dead-on, exact replica.

The G2 sword is broadly similar but may have length issues. The Discerner Sword, sold by Albion Armorers, IS the inspiration for the movie replica but has its differences, too, and is way more expensive than what I'd pay for a replica... Yes, it's better than 99% of the sword replicas out there and could be used in combat but it's far from a casual purchase.

I'm also interested in getting one other sword (I need only two sword replicas total unlike lightsabers which I'd like to get around a half-dozen more of) -- either a Conan, Red Sonja, Prince Valiant, or some other movie sword that struck my fancy.

If I ever got married and had kids, there's no question these swords would be locked up under a display case with myself keeping the keys on my person or near me at all times. I've heard too many horror stories of what happens when people play with this stuff to be comfortable keeping unsecured weapons around kids.

Actually Paul Macdonald already did the Princess Bride Inigo rapier. And one guy off the swordforum made a very good Zelda sword. I know they mass produced just thought I'd share.

Why is it that whenever I see a Master Sword replica, the hilt is purple? It's supposed to be blue! It was blue right up until Twilight Princess when it got a slight purplish/bluish color but that's it.

Any way, the swords I would want would have to be the Master Sword from Zelda Twilight Princess, and Alastor from Devil May Cry.

Last edited:
Why is it that whenever I see a Master Sword replica, the hilt is purple? It's supposed to be blue! It was blue right up until Twilight Princess when it got a slight purplish/bluish color but that's it.

Any way, the swords I would want would have to be the Master Sword from Zelda Twilight Princess, and Alastor from Devil May Cry.

Yeah, I hate the fact that the hilt slowly evolved to a shiny light purple. A dark blue was the perfect color for it (and the version I'm painting will be a deep metallic blue).

I still want a really well done Buster Sword from FFVII (not the Advent Children version), and an accurate version of Squall's gunblade from FFVIII with a working trigger :):):)

My personal favorite movie sword is Mel Gibson's claymore blade from Braveheart. Huge, deadly as hell. I believe, (and I shall do a quick fact check once fully awake), that there was a brief run in '99 of some fairly good replicas. But keep in mind, this is my half-aware mind speaking. But I would love a sword to hang over my desk. Hope to see some soon.

There are two swords I've always thought would be cool to own.

1. The Sommerswerd from the Lone Wolf adventure gamebook series
LoneWolf.gif

ill21.gif

Periodically, Lone Wolf fans discuss making a batch of replicas, but nothing's ever come of it. I'm sure individual fans have had their own custom versions made.

2. Stormbringer based on the Michael Whelan cover
vlarge_stormbringer.jpg

This was actually realized in an officially-licensed version from Raven Armoury:
MMSBlongrunes.jpg

Unfortunately, spending $7200 on a pretty sword is a little extreme, even for me. :D

Last edited:
the sword of Domingo Montoya from Princess Bride

Disney Muskteer rapier

a good heron marked blade/warder sword from the Wheel of Time series

one of the Horsemen blades from the Highlander series. I think season5Caspian I think was the one that had a saber and dagger to match.

mmm need to find some pics

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back