True Grit Trailer

I had that same experience, Art. The first time I saw it I was like..."okay, well that was sort of interesting." The second time, I really appreciated it more.

Love or hate the direction and story, you gotta admit the period accuracy is unheard of. I really appreciated that more than anything else. "The Western" as it is known is a bit of joke IMO, and it's good to see something come along with a bit more realism.

Glad this came up. I've never seen the original but I went to see this one with my dad (who's a huge western fan) and we both loved it. I've actually really enjoyed the last couple of westerns that have come out (this and 3:10 to Yuma). To me, they have the same kinda morality that the old west flicks had and I dig that.

Jeff Bridges... he was such a crusty old drunk, but I loved him in this role.

Funny I just watched it today too Art.
I saw it in theaters, liked it, but honestly I think slightly better of the John Wayne version. And I say that being a huge Jeff Bridges fan.
I like both films just about equally though.

There are moments in the John Wayne one I think that he pulls of better (such as the triumphant "fill your hands you S.O.B.!" line. But overall, I think the remake is better. And I say that as someone who loves old Westerns and can definitely appreciate them for what they are.

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed Matt Damon and I think it is patently obvious Hailee Steinfeld is the superior Mattie Ross in every way.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back