Tron Legacy Costume

I know this might be a bit off-topic, but I wanted to let everyone know that 30 years ago today, on July 9, 1982, TRON made it's theatrical debut.

So feel free to wear your TRON costumes or watch the movie today or whatever you would like, to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the theatrical debut of TRON!

Long live TRON!! :D

I know this might be a bit off-topic, but I wanted to let everyone know that 30 years ago today, on July 9, 1982, TRON made it's theatrical debut.

So feel free to wear your TRON costumes or watch the movie today or whatever you would like, to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the theatrical debut of TRON!

Can't wear TRON costume today -have to be dressed as Obi-Wan at Legoland- but wearing my glow-in-the-dark Sark TRON T-shirt in solidarity!

I remember the theater, the show, and meeting some great folk over games of Galaga in the drugstore next door to the theater after. It was a great time to be a teenager... :D

Oh Yehhh!!! Breaking out my signed special edition DVD for this occasion tonight then. Thank for the heads up, I was 9 when I saw Tron at the cinima and it blew my mind with awesomeness :thumbsup

I never saw it at the theater (I was only 4), but even when I was old enough to watch it on TV, it still blew my mind. Heck, the concepts in TRON still blow my mind!

FLYNN LIVES!

Yeesh.. 82... I was born in 91... Maybe to celebrate I'll give the original a spin! Maybe I'll just watch Legacy right after too. Thanks!

Is anyone planning to SDCC in their tron costume? I was planning to wear the sentry costume with my kid as Anon again on saturday, but the Tron uprising panel is friday. Then again, I'm not going to sit in line for 3+ hours for a panel with a 5 year old in tow.

HooDooMan1,
I didn't know you were in Baton Rouge! I'm right down I-12 in Hammond. We should get together and talk Tron sometimes. I make it to BR every Sunday when I go to Twin Peaks to eat. :)

Saw your post over on Tron-sector and thought I recognized your name for some reason but wasn't sure why. haha

P.S., I did celebrate by watching TRON classic and eating some of Alan's popcorn.

I wish I had seen the original Tron in theaters. But, like hikenny, I was born in 1991. I didn't get to see it until my teens. Still, Happy late Anniversary, Tron! I really hope to see more of it, in terms of Tron films (and merchandise), as well as costumes.

I remember my dad taking me to see it my 1st movie going memory so it's always a favorite of mine loved it then still watch it at least 3 times a year (now right before Tron: Legacy) anyone watching Tron: Uprising? some good idea for other costumes there!

HooDooMan1,
I didn't know you were in Baton Rouge! I'm right down I-12 in Hammond. We should get together and talk Tron sometimes. I make it to BR every Sunday when I go to Twin Peaks to eat. :)

Saw your post over on Tron-sector and thought I recognized your name for some reason but wasn't sure why. haha

P.S., I did celebrate by watching TRON classic and eating some of Alan's popcorn.

Cool, Bandit! That sounds like a plan! I sent you a PM on TRON-Sector, we'll definitely have to meet up!

I also put in my TRON Blu-ray, made some popcorn, popped open a beer, turned out all the lights and got on the Grid! Good times!

So tired after work yesterday T_T. Fell asleep, but that's not to say the movie is bad! Just super exhausted. I'll try to finish it this weekend!

I remember my dad taking me to see it my 1st movie going memory so it's always a favorite of mine loved it then still watch it at least 3 times a year (now right before Tron: Legacy) anyone watching Tron: Uprising? some good idea for other costumes there!

I haven't been keeping up with it, but I've seen enough to know about Rinzler's new design. I really like and am a little bit interested in making it. C:

I'm also loving the new costumers showcasing their costumes on here. It's awesome!

A little late for Tron's screen debue anniversary, but here's to his influence on me as a kid.

bf6fb659.jpg

36ff0695.jpg

It's my first ever mould and cast of any type and was only made yesterday. This one is going to someone else, and is probably going to be the only one from this mould as it isn't to the standered I'm looking for. Instead, it's going to be used to help make the new one so I can cast in clear resin ;)

I just started on Uprising this past weekend and caught up in no time, I love it! The costumes are cool but I just have a thing about body proportions -_-. Their hips down are like 6 feet long while their upper body is only 1 foot long....

A little late for Tron's screen debue anniversary, but here's to his influence on me as a kid.

It's my first ever mould and cast of any type and was only made yesterday. This one is going to someone else, and is probably going to be the only one from this mould as it isn't to the standered I'm looking for. Instead, it's going to be used to help make the new one so I can cast in clear resin ;)

Nice! :D Looks like a fun frisbee to throw around, heh.

The character designer for Tron: Uprising is the same one who did Aeon Flux animated shorts. I guess they wanted a dramatic stylized look that made Uprising stand apart from anything else on TV right now.

I admit the "daddy longlegs" look took some getting used to, but it kinda adds to the overall look of the series and doesn't detract from the awesome storyline and character development. Kinda like I couldn't STAND how Zed looked, until he built that new lightcycle that made my jaw drop. Now I don't mind how he looks hahah

The character designer for Tron: Uprising is the same one who did Aeon Flux animated shorts. I guess they wanted a dramatic stylized look that made Uprising stand apart from anything else on TV right now.

I admit the "daddy longlegs" look took some getting used to, but it kinda adds to the overall look of the series and doesn't detract from the awesome storyline and character development. Kinda like I couldn't STAND how Zed looked, until he built that new lightcycle that made my jaw drop. Now I don't mind how he looks hahah

HAHAH, daddy longlegs, love your description! I agree, Zed looks -__-. I agree though, that bike he built is sick! I love Paige and Beck though =).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back