Tron Legacy Costume

Alright so I went to day one of AM2 convention in anaheim. only saw less than 100 people. waaste of 12 dollar parking. But tomorrow I will be in full Tron force at Anime Expo with pics to boot. I finished my katana for those who are interested (sorry for the crappy picture I don't have a legit camera so I used my phone)

Man I wish I would have been at AX today to see you and the others in costume. Your Katana is great! Can you post a tutorial on how you made yours? Would love to make one for my Quorra costume.

Man I wish I would have been at AX today to see you and the others in costume. Your Katana is great! Can you post a tutorial on how you made yours? Would love to make one for my Quorra costume.
Thank you so much :). Yeah we had a great time and were wondering if you were coming. As for the katana, I just got a wooden bokken, shortened it, painted it with a base coat of grey spray paint then black spray paint (after masking the hilt of course) and finished it off with reflective tape. But if you are going to do the same thing, I'd suggest several coats since the paint kept scratching off :unsure

Alright so I went to day one of AM2 convention in anaheim. only saw less than 100 people. waaste of 12 dollar parking. But tomorrow I will be in full Tron force at Anime Expo with pics to boot. I finished my katana for those who are interested (sorry for the crappy picture I don't have a legit camera so I used my phone)

The katana is more like a glass sword and is rather longer... (it's only seen in the toys.) The regular baton like what Quorra used in the film is what you made... Some of the other toys have that instead of the katana... Or, at least you made a mix of the two. I plan on making a katana, but I'm going to make a mold and fill it with some sort of plastic that will dry clear... Then light it up from the handle with a deconstructed led flashlight or something. :D

tron_legacy_action_figures_now_available_2.jpg

Last edited:
I modeled mine after the one she used in the end of line club not the toys (the toys arent accurate). I will admit mine was far too long even shaved down but I didn't realize it until after my dad cut it and didnt want to have him do it again so I just went with it
Olivia-Wilde-as-Quorra-640x960.jpg

The katana is more like a glass sword and is rather longer... (it's only seen in the toys.) The regular baton like what Quorra used in the film is what you made... Some of the other toys have that instead of the katana... Or, at least you made a mix of the two. I plan on making a katana, but I'm going to make a mold and fill it with some sort of plastic that will dry clear... Then light it up from the handle with a deconstructed led flashlight or something. :D

tron_legacy_action_figures_now_available_2.jpg

Siren Gem costume progress

So just wanted to make a post about my Siren Gem costume and how it is coming along.... NIGHTMARE!! Well, because I discovered that I went about the assembly all wrong.

After spending weeks finding the right compressor and spray gun to get that liquid latex to spray out properly not to mention there are only like two places online that I could order the colors I used from and one of the sellers I bought from sent me the wrong color I needed, never replied to me and I lost out on money, but more concerned with running out of time which thanks to them I have now.

I decided the best way to go about this was sew up the catsuit in the silver rubberized fabric 1st. Then, have a friend draw on the lighter pieces so I can get my pattern pieces from that and sew them in, since a few other Siren cosplayers have went about it somewhat this way, buying a silver suit, then sewing the pieces in.

That is all fine and dandy if the material is not rubberized, but when you are working with fabric that is now rubberized, it turns into a balled up, stuck together mess when trying it on and turning it inside and out!

I am now stuck with a nightmare to deal with sewing these lighter pieces into the suit.

So, word of the wise to all those wanting to make a Siren suit, do not go about it this way. All that time and effort into rubberizing my fabric has basically turned into a total mess. I so want to start over again with this.

What I should have done was get any 'ol catsuit, white would be good, have a friend, particuliarily a perfectionist cosplaying seamstress friend that knows how to draw a straight line if you want your suit to look good :) draw all those lines on that suit for you, take that suit, lay it out, cut all the pieces apart, then make patterns with seams allowances, THEN sew all of them together to get your completed suit.

I am in such regret that I have done it the way I did now and completely stressed out.

Oh well, live and learn. I have been making crazy costumes and props for what over 10 years and I am still learning.

Any way, I posted some pics of my suit. OH! and my shoe construction. The only thing I am at least happy with the progress so far. All I need is get get a white base for the tops and I even found a gorgeous pearl white color for the top coat and they are done. The tops are held down to the base wedge with Sho-Goo. Best stuff on earth! I love it! It is STRONG! was worried about the tops falling off the base, not at all. I test walked in them and they are solid! So everyone please use Sho-Goo to frankenstein your Siren shoes together if you are going to go about making some like this.

The base mold of these shoes were the NINE WEST - Taildrop shoes and the red tops are taken from some cheap $10 shoes from Marshall's :) I totally lucked out on finding them and in my size. Seems so hard to find simple closed toe shoes. iI tried 3 different stores too even after buying the red ones! HA! Just wish they were not red, so hard to cover red shoes with a light colored paint. I will post more progress photos as I go along.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 356
  • shoes2.jpg
    shoes2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 331
  • shoes3.jpg
    shoes3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 306
  • shoes4.jpg
    shoes4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 371
This is a shout out to Yangxiaobo, his Rinzler was epic. Pics will be up soon (I fail since I didn't have a camera and forgot I had a phone camera). The real surprise was that on the 3rd day of AX he toned rinzler into casual rinzler and said he was inspired by me. Well now I am inspired by his casual rinzler to do a casual tron. Since there are so few lights it'll be much cheaper and easier to wear in the summer. And teal el in low quantity is cheap.

Yangxiaobo was all reflective, but for his casual all he did was kept the chest and gloves and wore and sleeve less hoody and dark jeans and it worked. I plan to do the same except with light up teal. I'm not going to line up the inner hood, but I plan to put lights on either side of the hood like rinzler helmet. The back circle is debatable.

I feel inspired cause both my MCP and Clu are hot as hell to wear and causal rinzler seems easier to wear and more relaxed, except I'm going to make it light up and do teal for the tron colors.

thanks shogunvader! that means a lot coming from such an experienced cosplayer and for my first cosplay!
Anyways, I found some pictures online from Anime Expo of TRON costumes. Everyone did such a great job! here are the links.

Gathering
Anime Expo Cosplay Photos by Oscar Rios « Giant Robot

DSC_5315 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_8835 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Anime Expo 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSC_5671 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

also found a short youtube video of myself :lol
YouTube - ‪TRON Anime Expo 2011‬‏

^That's great work, Annisse! Does that catsuit breathe at all now that it's been rubberized?

Not really and it won't be even more becuase I am going to wear a under unitard underneath the Siren suit as Beau wore hers, it will help slip into the suit easier as the rubber, like latex, is sticking to my skin plua it will help the suit just look smoother on me as I wear it. Yup, another costume I will most likely suffer wearing ;)

thanks shogunvader! that means a lot coming from such an experienced cosplayer and for my first cosplay!
Anyways, I found some pictures online from Anime Expo of TRON costumes. Everyone did such a great job! here are the links.

Gathering

OK, even more bummed now X10 that I totally missed out on the gathering! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :cry

I like how I'm so far back in all the pictures you cant see me

Gathering

I'm all sad face I missed the AX Tron group gathering. Whoever planned it forgot about the epic Miku concert, so waah.

I ran into at least one or 2 of you at AX, I was wearing a leather jacket with a blue light up disc and a blue panel on the front with LED strips as the technology, in a young kevin flynn style. Didn't see anyone else though. Pics look good everyone.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back