Transforming a Batman Begins cowl into a The Dark Knight cowl

I really don't like the TDK cowl (for many reasons) but this certainly is one of the best we've seen so far. The smooth and dull texture looks spot on!

Nice work, guys. I was just wondering, if the TDK cowl has a smaller mouth opening than the Begins cowl. It always looked to me that way.

After staring at both Begins and TDK ref images for the last few months I can say the TDK is actually maybe just a touch bigger if anything. It just sits a little different because it has no neck attached to it. It may also look a little smaller because Bale's face seems a little fatter from Begins. This is just MO from looking at high rez images of hese cowls for too long. ;) lol

And here is a few pics of the neck fitted to the cowl. It is a styrene build so once molded I tried to shape it proper to sit with the cowl and it just doesn't sit quite right, it will once cast in rubber. ;) And a piece of Screen Accurate mesh behind to show the proper effect.

DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1023.jpg

DSC_1022.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1027.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome! Do you plan to stop just with the cowl or go a step further to an accessory belt and other goodies?

This is awesome! Do you plan to stop just with the cowl or go a step further to an accessory belt and other goodies?

Check out Kevin's past threads for your answer. You'll find some really neat projects. They're already working on the belt, as I understand it.

Thanks guys, hope to do part of the mold this weekend. :)

Very cool! What is the length of the neck?

The neck is approx 16" around at the longest section (middle strip) But with the v section it can go a bit smaller or wider when cast in rubber.

Yes we have quit a few items from both Begins and TDK already, if you search Kev's name (coofunkcurly) you can find all the stuff we offer.

Sorry for the delay everyone. We had a couple molding set backs. :angry But good news is this is one of the nicest molds we've ever done. Here is a pic of the first test casting out of the mold. Not yet trimmed. Hopefully tomorrow pics of it being worn. ;)

Photo11-09-2774117PM.jpg

Sorry for the delay everyone. We had a couple molding set backs. :angry But good news is this is one of the nicest molds we've ever done. Here is a pic of the first test casting out of the mold. Not yet trimmed. Hopefully tomorrow pics of it being worn. ;)

It`s a very, very hot cowl. I cant wait till i have it :love
Cant wait for the other pics :lol

Couldn't wait to trim and try this on this morning. :D I'm a 24 1/8 and it fits PERFECT! Might fit up to 24 1/4.

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Clinton is a 22 inch head and it works on him too. I made him laugh so he's not too fond of this picture but I'm posting it anyway. :lol

IMG_0053.jpg

WOW....

I appreciate when someone does something, and does it right. This cowl, along with the belt you are currently working on, are absolutely amazing. Will these be available for purchase? If so, do you know when, and a ballpark for how much?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back