Toronto Prop Party Official Date - June 25th 2011

Re: Toronto Prop Party - Interest thread

Of course I'm down. As would be my girlfriend and a few guys from the local 501 whom are on this forum at times. Most locals are fine by me, we're in Whitby but will make the drive.

Awesome Talisen!

Like Orange_Blend suggested, at some point the location is going to be 'chosen', no offense to anyone, but it's true, everyone wants it down the street.

I promise that the location will be very accessible by highway, close to major exits, so even if you are coming from further North, East, West, or South, at least it'll mostly be straight highway driving and there will be lot's of parking.

Many have offered their help with planning, thanks a million, if I haven't thanked you personally, don't be offended, I'm listening to everyone. I don't need to worry anyone right now because I'm getting it straight in my head and on paper first.
I have to wait until Monday to make some more calls.

Awesome Talisen!

Like Orange_Blend suggested, at some point the location is going to be 'chosen', no offense to anyone, but it's true, everyone wants it down the street.

I promise that the location will be very accessible by highway, close to major exits, so even if you are coming from further North, East, West, or South, at least it'll mostly be straight highway driving and there will be lot's of parking.

Many have offered their help with planning, thanks a million, if I haven't thanked you personally, don't be offended, I'm listening to everyone. I don't need to worry anyone right now because I'm getting it straight in my head and on paper first.
I have to wait until Monday to make some more calls.

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Hopefully it's after May so I can come, but if not have fun! :)

Then I'm definitely in and will bring lots of SW, Doctor Who, Indy, and Ghostbusters props.

I'll even offer up some of my paper props as door prizes if you like.

At this point we're less than 20 people. How many of you would be bringing friends and/or family?

There will be myself, Kelly and our little guys, but they'll only be 20 months in June.
So 2 and 2 halves :lol

"Book it and they will come..." ;)

If there are going to be other kids there I'll bring my five year old. Otherwise just me.

Orange, I'm just going on the assumption that this will be a family outing...
If it's an issue, I can encase them in carbonite for the afternoon :lol

Was planning on holding off my first post to be a WIP but that's taking forever and this seems like it will be fun.

Did you guys consider the room at the Toronto Reference Library? They have an annual Sci-fi and Anime Flea Market there at the Elizabeth Beeton Auditorium and it seems like a decently sized room, although I guess that depends on how many people actually show up.

Toronto Reference Library : Library Branch : Toronto Public Library
Prices are listed as well but it seems there's no booking happening at the moment
Meeting Rooms : Using the Library : Toronto Public Library

I'm one of those carless Torontonians so I'd love to see this happen within the range of the TTC, but I'm not sure how convinient the parking situation is around the library for the many folk just out of town.

sounds like fun! count me in ... have you thought about working with FanExpo? perhaps getting a space or room at the show for this?

I'm also going to try to get my sister and brother in law out. Dave isn't signed up yet that I know of, but he does read the forums regularly and has been working on some great stuff, and my sister makes some incredible costumes...

Odoc: I'm not sure, but I think a room or booth at the con will be crazy expensive. I think there's a thread in the OT talking about RPF booths at cons, and the general thought is it won't happen lol. That being said, I'd be up for trying to meet up with any fellow RPFers at the fanexpo for a drink:cheers

I'd like to try to get a friend to come as well, but won't know till a time and place are set.

The idea of a room at a con would be fun, but as Jonny mentioned I think it would be like doubling the cost plus adding an admission fee for everyone that is going (some who wouldn't be going to FanExpo otherwise.

Caveneau if I can be of any help let me know.

I'd like to try to get a friend to come as well, but won't know till a time and place are set.

The idea of a room at a con would be fun, but as Jonny mentioned I think it would be like doubling the cost plus adding an admission fee for everyone that is going (some who wouldn't be going to FanExpo otherwise.

Caveneau if I can be of any help let me know.

Not only, but some of us already have exhibitor boots at the Fan Expo...I can't be in 2 places at the same time....
............or can I?
:ninja

:lol

David

Not only, but some of us already have exhibitor boots at the Fan Expo...I can't be in 2 places at the same time....
............or can I?
:ninja

:lol

David

That's ok David...you go have fun, I'll man your booth...:D

And shortly after manning the UD booth everyone Jonny knows has cool new leather jackets. ;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back