Toronto Prop Makers

The only Denix replicas i own are the western 'revolvers'.
They are also the ONLY ones that are sold in Canada.

Apparently anything categorized as "modern" as per the Denix.es website, is banned in Canada.

Ah, sadly that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The only Denix replicas i own are the western 'revolvers'.
They are also the ONLY ones that are sold in Canada.

Apparently anything categorized as "modern" as per the Denix.es website, is banned in Canada.

Which is why you should get your firearms license and get the real deals! :)

Which is why you should get your firearms license and get the real deals! :)

Yeah I know, but honestly, I don't want a real firearm and I would have no use for it. I'd never 'actually' use it.

Plus they're not cheap so I'm not going to start a real gun collection because it would cost me too much.

No, props and replicas are good enough for me right now.

Yeah I know, but honestly, I don't want a real firearm and I would have no use for it. I'd never 'actually' use it.

Plus they're not cheap so I'm not going to start a real gun collection because it would cost me too much.

No, props and replicas are good enough for me right now.

Fair enough. But I will say that a lot of the repro guns you'd want to get cost more than their real life counterparts.

It's a slippery slope though, that's for sure. I collect old military firearms (such as WW1, WW2, and anything before) and like props there's always "just one more" you want. :lol

Fair enough. But I will say that a lot of the repro guns you'd want to get cost more than their real life counterparts.

It's a slippery slope though, that's for sure. I collect old military firearms (such as WW1, WW2, and anything before) and like props there's always "just one more" you want. :lol

Hey I'd love to have a nice collection of real firearms, but right now it's not even practical for me. I wouldn't even have the space for them.

Do you have a Luger P08? I've always loved that gun.

Tool Shops

Does anyone know any tool shops in toronto?
I'm looking for some custom work and I have a drill bit that needs sharpening.

Re: Tool Shops

Hey all,

I don't live near Toronto really (I'm in Ottawa), but am a fellow Canadian prop hobbyist.

Been in the prop hobby for about ten years now, and my collection would be a lot larger than it is if hard times hadn't hit me more than once, forcing me to liquidate part of it to make ends meet.

Luckily for me, most of what I've sold in the past is easily replaceable, so it's all good. I know enough people, and have made enough connections, within the online prop community over the years I have several sources for those items I want to reacquire.

At the moment, my collection mainly consists of Star Trek and HALO props, but am working on expanding into other franchises.

As for what particular items I have in my collection, the majority of them can be seen at the link in my signature.

Re: Tool Shops

Caveneau,
The Problem is, paying someone to sharpen a bit is usually more expensive than buying a new one.
Also, What kind of work do you need? Lathe, Milling, Welding?
Ed

Well right now I'm drilling into Smoothcast 325, it's a plastic resin, so it's dulling the **** out of my drill bit.

Normally I use it for drilling wood.

I'll just go buy a new drill bit, I need to figure something out this week.

The main gun that was used by Dent in the batman movie was a Smith & Wesson Model 36. Just looking for a replica of one, doesn't have to actually work or anything. Just want one as a prop. Also looking for the Joker's gun a Glock 17 (Converted to full-auto)

The main gun that was used by Dent in the batman movie was a Smith & Wesson Model 36. Just looking for a replica of one, doesn't have to actually work or anything. Just want one as a prop. Also looking for the Joker's gun a Glock 17 (Converted to full-auto)

There's Blank gun available here, looks close enough
Hero Army Surplus Inc. : Zoraki Model R1 - 2.5" - $149.95|CDN

As for the Glock 17, I've seen a few airsoft models that are similar but most are clear or semi-clear plastic, and not with a 'nickel' slide.

Hey hey all.

Small time prop maker in Smiths Falls, mostly star trek right now but have an Ironman, Ghostbuster and Supernatural props on the horizon.

Newbie prop maker here from Smiths Falls (between Kingston and Ottawa).

I don't have a huge collection, but I just recently made a TNG Hypospray, a couple of PADD's, Mobile Emitter and I'm about 1/2 done a Type 3 Phaser.

I needed a break from that so I've JUST started an Ironman MKIV suit.

On a side note my wife and I are going to Whedonfest in TO, is anyone else going to check it out.

Jason

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back