TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man COSTUME. TMP. Update Upper Body. Pg.23

The helmet looks great but it dose not have the same look and feel as the side show Ironman bust, So i can understand the need to start from scratch.

Iron Man Helmet

Yes. The problem was that untill now we had no good refference of the helmet other than the photos we seen on promoshots.
Overall i am very satisfied that the armor overall is so close to the movie version when you think of the few refferences that was.

I personlly think the movie helmet is a bit to flat.
I like the cartoon and the civil war version because it looks more menecing.
The movie version looks ("upsett C3PO") with no caracteristic/ angry face.

MOVIE HELMET & POSSITIONING OF THE EYES??
I have a hard beliving that the eyes on the mask are se throug, because the possiton of the eyes and forhead makes no room for the nose like it is shown in the bust. Also the forhead slides to soon backwards. It makes me belive the person wearing the movie helmet actually looks out trough bellow the eyes on the mask and they CGI it out.

Another thing is the possition of the head is unormaly high up.
Notice how long the neck is on the costume and promo photos.
It looks sleak and superhero like but thats a long neck.

If not the wearer have to have a tunnel sight because the head is possitioned so back in the helmet that the eye and the holes of the mask has a distance that they visibility will be little.

To make this a good wearable helmet with good visibility and as close to the original intended design will be chalange.

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Helmet

Yes. The problem was that untill now we had no good refference of the helmet other than the photos we seen on promoshots.
Overall i am very satisfied that the armor overall is so close to the movie version when you think of the few refferences that was.

I personlly think the movie helmet is a bit to flat.
I like the cartoon and the civil war version because it looks more menecing.
The movie version looks ("upsett C3PO") with no caracteristic/ angry face.

MOVIE HELMET & POSSITIONING OF THE EYES??
I have a hard beliving that the eyes on the mask are se throug, because the possiton of the eyes and forhead makes no room for the nose like it is shown in the bust. Also the forhead slides to soon backwards. It makes me belive the person wearing the movie helmet actually looks out trough bellow the eyes on the mask and they CGI it out.

Another thing is the possition of the head is unormaly high up.
Notice how long the neck is on the costume and promo photos.
It looks sleak and superhero like but thats a long neck.

If not the wearer have to have a tunnel sight because the head is possitioned so back in the helmet that the eye and the holes of the mask has a distance that they visibility will be little.

To make this a good wearable helmet with good visibility and as close to the original intended design will be chalange.

Main thing is this, Dont rush and take your time, get this how you want it. I know what comes from this project will be second to none!! I know the sculptor well, He's on the ball. I'd expect nothing less from him..
I have full confidence

Awesome work!

Thanks Steve... A project like this is not easy :) BUT DAMN FUN!!!
Looking forward to se fitt in the suit.

Only 2 steps forward and 1 step back :)
Will have 3 costume about done in 2-3 weeks.

I want to paint one silver. Mark 2 style.

Fantastic work TMP, you manage to keep all of us in awe. Thanks for updating us with these photos.

Well here is the 3rd version of the ironman helmet.

3rd_atempt.jpg

Well Soon its a 4th version :)
I been showing some design but NOT the final design that has changed all the time. The final ressult soon to come.
Still need to alter it a bit.

Here is another tezer photo.
Tezer._Ironman_armor..jpg

Last edited:

I am definately excited to see this project in it's complete form so that I can drool and pine over it and get depressed that I can't afford it.

Your new helmet is looking top-notch!

CIMG1662.JPG

CIMG1660.JPG

Not to derail anything. My frank opinion, I preferred the V2 lid. IMO the contour at rear of the head for this current lid is too smooth. I was saving up for the V2, just in case.:cry

Godspeed to your current project.:thumbsup

Peace

Thanks for the feedback.. Well the V2 Version is not anything like the movie version so i had to scrap that version. I do got it, but i will not make a mould of it. Also the V2 Version is to square on the back while the V3 version is more oval on the back. Well not in that photo but it is now :)
Constant changes to it. The final design will have small changes to it and it will not be exactly as shown above.

Wait and se :)

I think you got it pretty near dead on!! Amazing work :thumbsup

I think your a sculpting madman! I didnt think the last one needed improving untill I saw the v3! Awesome job cant wait to see the final result of this! (y)thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back