TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **RAPH is ready for Paint**

I may look into doing that! It's would be much easier to offer just the heads than a full suit. Plus shipping would be much cheaper! I will look into offering a few heads! Good idea

Just finished the Leo mold! Will try to get a pull from the mold this weekend. Can't believe that the third turtle is already started!

just opened the box while you were typing up your last reply D. looks good. may even start painting as soon as tomorrow :) excited to see Leo.

WHOHOO! Go Jacob go!

Hey guys, the Leo mold is finished and ready to go. Now, I need to start sculpting Don. If anybody has any good screenshots (hmm RM & TMG???:behave), it would be greatly appreciated!

Gonna cast a Leo tomorrow!

Later RPF"ers

Here are some screen caps. Sorry they're so lo res but I think you can get a general idea. A few things to remember: like Alpha Proto mentioned Donatello has a really big chin like Raph and a really pointed beak. When he's angry his eyebrows are very arched. So depending on the expression you're trying to sculpt you may want to take note of how far out the brow extends and how sharp the angle can be when he frowns.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks AP & RM! The pictures are great and the description really helps me. Hearing the characteristics that should be portrayed is very helpful! Can't wait to get my hands on the clay

Yeah, Donnie is very similar to Raph in many aspects of his overall look. Where Raphs upper lip would arch upwards, Donnie's would pinch downwards - and he appears to have a slightly wider mouth than Raph too, but only a little wider.

Some of these may be reposts:

WOW! Thanks TMG

Check this out! Just pulled a LEO head and I LOVE IT! Easily my personal favorite!

file-170.jpg

file-171.jpg

file-172.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt ** Leo cast**

No doubt about it; That pull is a great likeness to Leonardo. The best recreation of Leo I have ever seen.

From looking at the Donotello reffrence I noticed Don squints a lot. His top lip points out more than the bottom.

Leo came out great man! I was thinking, you should try to sculpt a piece for the inside of the mouth. It would really make this mask something.
I might of missed it throughout the thread, but did you ever end up backing any of your pieces in foam?

That sculpt and pull is perfect!!
Thank you! :)
No doubt about it; That pull is a great likeness to Leonardo. The best recreation of Leo I have ever seen.

From looking at the Donotello reffrence I noticed Don squints a lot. His top lip points out more than the bottom.

Thanks AP! I've started on Don and its going well, but will need your keen eye for critiquing.

Leo came out great man! I was thinking, you should try to sculpt a piece for the inside of the mouth. It would really make this mask something.
I might of missed it throughout the thread, but did you ever end up backing any of your pieces in foam?

Thanks bud! I have a set of teeth that can be used but I may make a more detailed set.

That's a really great looking cast.
Thanks TMG! :)
I can't wait to see it fully painted and finished!!!! awesome job!

Thanks! Jacob has Raph for paint and Leo will be next!

amazing work
Thank you!

Hey RPF'ers,

I'm getting ready to order eyes from Jim at tech optics and need the eye colors of Raph, Leo, & Don from the first movie. Any close up screen shots will definately help in getting the corecf color and pattern. I know this will be tough to get but there's not a better place to ask for help!

WOW!... That Leo head is absolutely FANTASTIC... My favorite amongst the other 2 head you've made :):thumbsup

Unbelievable dedication there man... Me I'm stuck with building helm but you... you build whole suits... and each build for you was totally new experience... Good job man... I envy you... :)

Keep building... cheers!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back