TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **WHICH TURTLE NEXT**

THANKS RM & TMG!
Looking over these make's me want to start now!

THANKS RM & TMG!
Looking over these make's me want to start now!
Patience. Go through all the motions you did with the other two, and pick a specific expression. Leo is the most iconic and different looking of all the turtles in the flick. Don and Raph are pretty similar when you really get in close and ignore the color of the headband - with several key differences such as the curve of the upper lip, where Raph's go up, and Don's for the most part goes downward into a slight point.

Seeing as he's being positioned as a leader by Splinter, because he's the most level headed, but perhaps not the best fighter of them - that may be Raph, but he is out of control and lets his anger drive him.

So... not only is there the need to capture the likeness, but also the pathos and slight arrogance to the character, yet, being humble and thoughtful as well. His likeness usually works best with the mouth closed, in my opinion, but this is your project and cannot wait to see you capture Leo and what expression you'll pick.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup

It's in its early stages but nothing gets there without this communities help.
So for me I noticed the big rounded nose, a sloped back chin, rounded checks on the sides, right eye was almost always raised while the left squinted, a bandana that was wide and tilted towards the back/top of the head....

Please critique!

file-155.jpg

file-156.jpg

Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt **LEO early stages**

i think his nose should be a little more defined with a sort of "hard line"

and dont forget to give him some eyelids

Thanks Jacob, its there but without texture its tough to see. The first photos you can barely see the line and its exactly where you drew it. I can definately make it "harder" though... hahaa

That is a good likeness from the front.
Not a lot of a side view reffrence so I can't comment on that.
Very nice start.

Thanks AP. I will be visiting the sculpt again soon and making the change that Jacob suggested. I think it will really help.

Already a very good likeness. What's interesting about Leo is his slight snub nose snout indicated by the red lines. Very good so far.

file-155.jpg

I think Leo looked the closest to the toys when it came yo mouth/head shape :)

Looking good so far. Leo's eager expression is coming through the clay. You can definitely tell it's him. Nice work. I drew out a couple of lines on the photos where I think you make changes. Try adding some more clay to the sides and back of the head. Shortening the mouth and filling in the eye holes might help make the overall proportions too. Just keep watching the film and checking the reference for accuracy.

How did the Raph head turn out? You should post pics of these three next to each other. I'm sure everyone would love to see them together.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone!
TMG & RM your work and advise is SOOO helpful! With the holidays I haven't had time to set down and work on anything. PLUS.... I just had my first son on Dec. 29th!!!! Baby Mavrick will consume a lot of my free time for a while but I will have an update soon!

Happy New Year RPF'ers!

Congrads on the birth of your son.. but I thought you would name him after one of the turtles.

happy new year and congrats to you and your family. but you should have named him "tatsu".

:facepalm

Joy to the world, Maverick has come!
Great news! I hope all is well for you and your ken this new year!:)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back