Thor: Love & Thunder

How exactly is there a 'new Asgard'? Didn't all the Asgardians get on the ship at the end of Ragnarok? Didn't that ship get blown up at the beginning of Infinity War? Where did all these people come from and how did they get to Earth?
Thanos only killed HALF of the Asgardians when he took the Tesseract & blew up the ship. That's what Thor told the Guardians when they picked him up.

It's not been revealed if Thanos LET them escape or if Valkyrie & Korg left before the attack in escape pods while the others stayed back to fight.

Yea, their not even trying anymore.
But Chris trained like a madman and has never been bigger! Natalie is back. We got Gladiator. We got Taika again. Lets slap all our kids in it, have bald Batman tell them scary bedtime stories and it will be gold, gold I tell ya. Gold like all the god blood we spilled trying to convince the gods to help stop the god killer…

I thought Christian Bale was good with the pathos, but also brought some comedy to the proceedings as well, which fit in tonally with the rest of the film.

I heard a good explanation of the film that, I think, puts it in a somewhat different light.

What if literally the entire film is Korg's telling of the tale? Not just the voiceover bits, I mean, the whole thing. If that's the case, then it really ends up making sense why it has sort of a goofy tilt to it (which, again, I don't mind). I think it fits if that's the case. What you've got here is a strong case of the author's voice coming through in everything.

What if literally the entire film is Korg's telling of the tale? Not just the voiceover bits, I mean, the whole thing. If that's the case, then it really ends up making sense why it has sort of a goofy tilt to it (which, again, I don't mind). I think it fits if that's the case. What you've got here is a strong case of the author's voice coming through in eveverything
My wife did not like the silliness of Ragnarok but she saw this same theory before we watched L&T and I guess because it was in the back of her mind the whole time actually liked this more than Ragnarok. Plus she liked that Portman got to really participate. Bale was great, I just wish his buildup from zero to God killer had been more fleshed out, he could've crushed it, I'm sure.

My wife did not like the silliness of Ragnarok but she saw this same theory before we watched L&T and I guess because it was in the back of her mind the whole time actually liked this more than Ragnarok. Plus she liked that Portman got to really participate. Bale was great, I just wish his buildup from zero to God killer had been more fleshed out, he could've crushed it, I'm sure.
Yeah, I think it provides another way to view the story that may make it a little less annoying for those annoyed by it. I also agree that Bale needed more buildup. Most of the story could've used a bit more buildup to allow the character moments to really shine, but again, if it's Korg's tale, then...I guess this is what Korg focused on.

I mean, bottom line, I found the film enjoyable, but I do recognize that it has some aspects that are imperfect and could have been improved if they had more time. Film's tricky like that, though, and I wonder if some of this was just baked in due to the first two films.

I finally got around to watching this tonight and was fairly disappointed by it.

After loving Ragnarok, I was hoping this would be very similar.

Unfortunately, I found a lot of it to just be silly. Not funny, just silly.

It had a few moments that made me laugh out loud (Bale trying to throw that creatures head out of the cage and it just bouncing at the children was hilarious), but overall the humor just didn’t land for me. Things like Korg’s face on Valkyrie’s head and the overuse of some screaming goats just completely missed the mark.

Really enjoyed Portman’s role in it, she was fantastic, and you get to a point where you start seeing that Thor’s a pretty tragic figure…everyone he cares for dies.

I think the thing that I found most disappointing is that I can see a good film here…it was just ruined for me by some overly silly decisions and bad humor.

This one’s definitely going in my pile of MCU projects I won’t ever need to watch again. Not the worst thing I’ve seen lately, but a far cry from what I was hoping for.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back