Things you're tired of seeing in movies

I'm tired of seeing computer consoles where the graphics are always moving and showing off some sort of computational analysis on multiple screens. Just once I'd like to see real computer windows and the frustration of waiting for a program to load up before they start saving the day. And how many times have you seen this... the person starts typing on the keyboard and never makes a single mistake while his fingers are flying at 100 wpm! So unrealistic!

Honestly i'm tired of "the perfect pretty boy falls in love with the perfect pretty girl" and another thing.. everyone's Teeth are beyond white and the actors smile and talk too much trying to show off their perfect faces. everyone's body is perfect and toned with no defects or imperfections.. get some real looking people in films for a change.
Well nobody wants to see a "real" face filling a 40 foot screen. Think of the loss in popcorn sales!

I'm tired of seeing computer consoles where the graphics are always moving and showing off some sort of computational analysis on multiple screens. Just once I'd like to see real computer windows and the frustration of waiting for a program to load up before they start saving the day. And how many times have you seen this... the person starts typing on the keyboard and never makes a single mistake while his fingers are flying at 100 wpm! So unrealistic!

And all without ever hitting 'SPACE', 'ENTER' or using a mouse!

No doubt, no doubt. Man, southern accents are the worst. Maybe its just because I am from the South, but I have rarely heard anyone that is not from the South do a believable Southern accent. But I'm sure it is that way with all accents. I'm sure an American doing a British accent is laughable to real Brits, etc etc.

How about every teen/tween, and even some starring 20 somethings, movie where the lead character always has a fat/chubby kid as his sidekick? Not that I'm some sort of fat kid advocate but does every hero have to have a fat/chubby sidekick, can't the fat/chubby one be the main character or can't they find somebody else who is not fat/chubby or even the nerd/geek to be the sidekick? How about changing things up a little bit and having some big action hero looking person as the plucky sidekick for once, just to change things up a bit.
How about the chubby/minority kid having to be comedy relief?
Hey, I get that the fat kid as the hero probably isn't as marketable as the 'hero looking' one, but if so many kids are overweight now (assuming all those news reports over the years are accurate - though if you get caught behind a school bus and watch the kids getting off, you're not going to see 3/4 of them as obese), why is Hollywood assuming the fat kid is only good to make fun of?
And no, I wasn't that fat kid, either. Far from it, I was the 'too skinny to take seriously' kid.

No doubt, no doubt. Man, southern accents are the worst. Maybe its just because I am from the South, but I have rarely heard anyone that is not from the South do a believable Southern accent. But I'm sure it is that way with all accents. I'm sure an American doing a British accent is laughable to real Brits, etc etc.
Amen.
I also hate actors who are focusing so much in the southern accent it's like they forget they need to act, too. Half the time it seems like they have to act like Foghorn Leghorn at the same time.
Did you see the mess of southern accents in Steel Magnolias? Everyone was using different southern accents even though they were supposed to be sisters.

It amazes me that american actors are so bad at doing accents, yet everyone else is so good at doing american accents.

For the record, what's-his-name on walking dead does an awful southern accent. It's gotten a bit better, but man, it was bad when it started out.

Sometimes I wonder why so many Brits play American parts. Not many people realise that Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes from Walking Dead) is English!
Or Andrew Garfield. I've never even heard him speak with his natural accent. Jaime bamber, too.

The thing is, the u.s. has a massive industry. But england, like Canada have a massive talent pool.

Or Andrew Garfield. I've never even heard him speak with his natural accent. Jaime bamber, too.

The thing is, the u.s. has a massive industry. But england, like Canada have a massive talent pool.
Let's be fair. The only real difference is that, without a Hollywood movie star machine, there's no work for beautiful people without acting chops. The UK has lousy actors too but they're not going to find as much work and we're not likely to see them in the US. The US has great actors, too. We just have a bigger pool to draw from.

Brits and Aussies are everywhere these days, I don't get it either.

It's probably because there's more opportunity for more money over here than in the UK. We produce tons of TV shows and movies in the US so there's more work available and the pay is probably better too.

The reason why a lot of British actors are so good at American accents is likely because they receive a lot more training in scenes in the UK than in the US. Often times the actors may come from a region in Britain with a strong regional accent but to work as an actor they have to be able to put on a more generic BBC sort of accent or be able to mimic the accent of a different class, or even a different nationality like Scottish or Irish.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

It's probably because there's more opportunity for more money over here than in the UK. We produce tons of TV shows and movies in the US so there's more work available and the pay is probably better too.

The reason why a lot of British actors are so good at American accents is likely because they receive a lot more training in scenes in the UK than in the US. Often times the actors may come from a region in Britain with a strong regional accent but to work as an actor they have to be able to put on a more generic BBC sort of accent or be able to mimic the accent of a different class, or even a different nationality like Scottish or Irish.

Certainly it's better for them and maybe they're cheaper to employ, making them more attractive to American production companies. There are tons of American actors available but I'm sure they've largely been picked over and have higher expectations than foreign actors might, at least until they've proven their financial worth.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back