The worst movies you've ever seen?

Just recently watched the original Superman films... OMG 1-4 (n)thumbsdown This is lousy film making...
Battlefield Earth
Independence Day (Will Smith is terrible!!!!)
Highlander 2
Escape From LA

I will agree with you on all of these except Superman 1. That movie is the high bar which all superhero movies seek to achieve....and I don't think anyone has topped it yet.

"Vanilla Ice: Cool As Ice"

"The horror...the horror..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQlTV5egauU&sns=em

null_zps1214c6a2.jpg

"Word to your mutha..."

null_zps785d352a.jpg

Last edited:
Years ago my Mom and little sister dragged me to go see the Horse Whisperer. It was so long, slow and boring that though I only lost a couple hours of my life, it felt like a month. I can barely even describe it to you as it left no lasting impact aside from just a general depression at having watched it. I've been on Morphine and been more excited.

Years ago I had a near death experience and was in the hospital for about a month afterward. First movie I saw when I got out was Vanilla Sky. Not a good choice, for a number of reasons.

Last edited:
As of yesterday, I have to add "After Earth" to my list. What a stinking turd.

Will Smiths worse acting ever as was his kid. Just a long boring mess.

What really bothers me about it is that it could have been good, it had a storyline that could have worked with a bit of tweaking, and it looks pretty good visually other than halfassed cgi like every other movie these days.

"The justification of Art is the internal combustion it ignites in the hearts of men and not its shallow externalized, public manifestations.
The purpose of Art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but is, rather, the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity."

Glen Gould-

You don't have to "fall in Love" to appreciate a movie (though it helps)...some movies are getting better after a few viewings (age is also a factor at the time of the viewing and the same movie you didn't like at 16 might tell/show you something else 20 years later). All I'm saying is that, sometime, you got to give it the time to mature (as you also);)

You don't have to "fall in Love" to appreciate a movie (though it helps)...some movies are getting better after a few viewings (age is also a factor at the time of the viewing and the same movie you didn't like at 16 might tell/show you something else 20 years later). All I'm saying is that, sometime, you got to give it the time to mature (as you also);)
I believe this to be true. On the other hand, some movies are crap no matter what. :D

Don't you dare make fun of Cobra! It's an epic flick of style, dialogue....oh wait, I was thinking of any other movie :)

I actually would sit down and watch it if I could.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry you even attempted this. I liked I Am Legend a little and hoped he had pulled it back together. Reviews say not so much.

This Is the End. I stopped the disc about 9 minutes in. Just atrocious. My guess is that about 13 of Seth Rogen's 15 minutes are up. If he does survive he'll be the next Eddie Murphy; a one-time seriously funny guy who now does kid films that no one sees.

I saw the A-Team this weekend. I thought the casting was pretty good but the movie was a horrible over CG-d convoluted and borderline incomprehensible pseudo Michael Bay mess of ridiculous action.

I wasn't expecting much, I don't even know why I bothered, and I can't really explain why I didn't stop watching. I suppose I kept waiting for some redeeming moment to happen. Oops.

I saw the A-Team this weekend. I thought the casting was pretty good but the movie was a horrible over CG-d convoluted and borderline incomprehensible pseudo Michael Bay mess of ridiculous action.

I wasn't expecting much, I don't even know why I bothered, and I can't really explain why I didn't stop watching. I suppose I kept waiting for some redeeming moment to happen. Oops.
I watched it purely for nostalgia, I should have just put in the TV show. :thumbsdown

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back