The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

So I've finished my harness and the body of my vest. I've finished the mask and just need to attach the mouth piece to the rest of it. I've got a turtle neck, some boots and black, military cargo trousers. I'm still working on the arm. Could anyone offer some suggestions / insight for the belt?

my review of two different china made ebay masks, if it helps anyone:

maska.jpgmaskb.jpg

Wooooow! That looks absolutely amazing! How in the world did you do your side holster, the one in picture ws3.jpg? It looks PERFECT!

Thanks! Several designs later. I sampled every image available on it took several photos from a copy of the movie I had combined all the images into one image. Used the benchmade knife to determine the accurate scale to on screen images. I made the thigh holster out of 20 gauge steel and then applied the fabric covering before attaching the blade and plates.

Any alternatives for his waist belt and right thigh knife? Even if the buckle isn't accurate, is there anything similar I can use?

I know several people were talking about making patterns for his jacket in the earlier pages. Did anyone ever go through with that?

So far this is my cosplay, but im actually looking for help and willing to commission to get the closest thing to screen accurate as i can be costume wise. im looking for the belt, the harness and actually even a more screen accurate vest/jacket.10636174_1549579805270794_3417829634799407783_n.jpg

Does any one have any idea about what fabric they used for WS's jacket?FabricWS.jpg
Its like not black but not brown I bought a swatch of brown pleather and tried to age it to that but I haven't got anything that closely resembles it. It like black with brown undertones and I have been searching but I cant find anything but one tone fabrics. If anyone has a lead please let me know, if not im just going to order black. Thank you.
sorry i dont know why there is a thumbnail for this?? but i guess it helps illustrate the point

Attachments

• Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Sebastian-Stan.jpg
    Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Sebastian-Stan.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 317
I've been scouring the internet and haven't managed to find anything close that doesn't cost an absolute fortune. I was considering buying black, roughing it up a bit and then using something like brown shoe polish or dye to colour the faded parts, but I have no idea if it would work.

Does any one have any idea about what fabric they used for WS's jacket?View attachment 388717
Its like not black but not brown I bought a swatch of brown pleather and tried to age it to that but I haven't got anything that closely resembles it. It like black with brown undertones and I have been searching but I cant find anything but one tone fabrics. If anyone has a lead please let me know, if not im just going to order black. Thank you.
sorry i dont know why there is a thumbnail for this?? but i guess it helps illustrate the point

i am pretty sure they used real cow leather. my jacket was commissioned from a leather jacket company in pakistan or something (cheaper than ordering custom leather from an american company). it is made out of genuine cow hide and looks exactly like the photo, with the black/tan undertones and "distressed" look and all. (and the bonus amazing leather scent.)

I'll try thatI'm receiving some fabric swatches in the mail in a few days but for now ill try that I have to go to the store anyways. thanks for the ideas ill let you know the outcome.

This is what I did;
I purchased 2 black deerhides from Colorado Leather. That was plenty to do the jacket. It's supple, easy to sew with leather needles on the sewing machine.
Kind of matte in appearance. Seems to act like the WS jacket in folds and creases. See post 303 for a look.

Hey Guys!

Wasn't sure if anyone had seen this gifset on Tumblr for weapon references yet, since I noticed the first post still has a few things that haven't been confirmed or updated.

http://wintersamnesiac.tumblr.com/post/100004035921/simple-country-winter-soldier-weapons-colt

There's the link to it, (FYI It's not my gifset, I just reblogged it onto my rp account. In case anyone gets particular for details.) Also I just double checked because I thought that the gifset had goofed up the rifle in the first gif. It turns out they didn't. Basically for those of you that don't know or can't tell right off the bat (I just had to look this up myself because I wasn't too sure) The M4, M16, and AR-15 are pretty much the same rifle, there are just some differences between the M4 and M16 (AR-15 is the civilian designation/version of the M16) that the untrained eye wouldn't pick up. I'm not going to go into all those details, basically if you use either an M4 or M16 airsoft rifle you should be fine.

But! Back to my point! I found this here and it has exact references to all the weapons he has and does confirm the Sig Sauer P226r. There is also apparently a benchmade weapon that I didn't even notice before till I saw the gifset again. Make sure you look closely at the one where he's pulling the Gerber out you'll be able to see it.

Hope this helps!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back