The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

I'm a noob at ALL of this...I've spent hour on here looking for a pepakura file for some final fantasy VII and VIII weapons to build from eva foam...can anyone help?

Anyone know of tutorials/programs etc for creating 3d models to create a pep file from?

I'm interested in trying some of that but wasn't sure where to start.

Anyone know of tutorials/programs etc for creating 3d models to create a pep file from?

I'm interested in trying some of that but wasn't sure where to start.

I would recommend starting with Blender, and searching youtube for tutorials. The learning curve of Blender can be pretty steep, but the price is right (free) and there are a ton of tutorials online. The Blender Tutorial For Beginners series on Youtube is an excellent tool, as they show how to start modeling with ZERO 3d experience.

Blender's link: blender.org - Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D creation software

Here's an example of Blender Tutorials, for modeling a coffee cup: Blender Tutorial For Beginners: Coffee Cup - 1 of 2 - YouTube

Howdy, all. I've tinkering with a model in Sculptris (basically a scaled down version of Zbrush) and have been trying to open it as an obj file in pep without luck. Pep locks up at about 69% and crashes after that. For the sake of testing, I exported a simple sphere in Sculptris and it to was unable to be opened in Pepakura. I've can open the obj file in Meshmixer, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Also, does anyone have any idea what the triangle count is that Pep can handle without issue?

I would recommend starting with Blender, and searching youtube for tutorials. The learning curve of Blender can be pretty steep, but the price is right (free) and there are a ton of tutorials online. The Blender Tutorial For Beginners series on Youtube is an excellent tool, as they show how to start modeling with ZERO 3d experience.

Blender's link: blender.org - Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D creation software

Here's an example of Blender Tutorials, for modeling a coffee cup: Blender Tutorial For Beginners: Coffee Cup - 1 of 2 - YouTube

Much appreciated. I will have to check that out.

For some reason when I try to open the file for the Buster Sword, Pepakura goes nuts and continuously opens and closes

Not sure. I tried one and it gave me an error too. Did you try Viewer or Designer? It's possible there is something wrong with the file format because they are older. I thought I remember someone saying they had to import into Blender and re-export and it was fine after that.

I believe those files are locked, so they will only open in viewer (Designer will revert you to viewer automatically if you try to use it).
Yep, just checked, opens fine for me in viewer, version 3.0.4.
Locked format files can't be extracted as OBJs, you are stuck with what the publisher gives you. It is a nice textured file, though.

Not sure. I tried one and it gave me an error too. Did you try Viewer or Designer? It's possible there is something wrong with the file format because they are older. I thought I remember someone saying they had to import into Blender and re-export and it was fine after that.

I used Designer. I'll have to look into Blender. Thanks for the help!

Pepakura help

Can someone please help me out, I am new here, my name is Andrew! HELLO EVERYONE!!

I am looking to do my 1st pepakura helmet, I am looking for the files for a fairly easy build probably like cobra commando or ninja turtles shredder. If someone has the files they could please send over to me.
I was also wondering if anyone can help me with some tips on best materials to use, glueing methods and then final hardening methods.

thank you

Lookin(begging) for some help here.
Got a small request for you guys in the know.
Anyone wanna give a quik render a shot for me.
It should be simple for those who know how.
Im needing a TMNT head for an upcoming kids birthday party.
But the "newer" style head, from Nickelodeons Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Very simple shape.
No need for intense details.
Does not need the eye band molded in.
Hoping to do this out of foam.
So please, anyone wanna give it a shot, itll be greatly appreciated.
Ive found a pretty good side profile here:
Donatello, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Nickelodeon | Primary Ignition
Many pictures can be found on google by typing... nickelodeon ninja turtles.
The pep needs only to be the basic shape.
Symetrical left and right sides would be great.
Thanks so much to all who even consider helping.
Any questions, feel free to hit my pm box.
-Robert

Okay, I've tried finding the answer and found very little information, so I figured I'd ask here:

What kind of respirator should you use when resin-hardening a pep? Specifically I'm trying to figure out if I need P95, R95, P100, etc. This is for both stages - brushing on the resin as well as sanding the resin and/or bondo stages. I think resin is a gas when brushing it on and I need something that will do particulates after it has cured and I'm sanding. Is there a filter/respirator that covers both situations?

*EDIT* I forgot to mention OV rating for Organic Vapors. So would this do the trick?

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Low-Mainte...261&sr=8-1&keywords=respirator#productDetails

I would just switch out the filters - use the OV when first coating with resin and use the P95's when sanding, correct?

The one you posted is good enough, but I had one and the rubber deteriorated after less than 1 year and became unusable.

I then got this one and have had it for over 3 years and it's still like new.

3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 7502/37082(AAD), Respiratory Protection, Medium: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Okay cool. So either one will work. I saw the 7500 series one as well. They're both around the same price (Actually I think the 7502 may even be cheaper right now) Good. I just wanted to make sure it would cover all my bases. What filters do you recommend? An OV filter is just for gas but a P100 is for particulates, correct? The 6000 series one I linked comes with P95's. Are they sufficient?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back